I lost 10 pounds in a week and I'm doing every thing right..or so I thought! smh

Options

Replies

• Naja_
    Naja_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    eat regular foods like oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, fruit and chicken for lunch, maybe a portion of fish, serving of rice and veggies for dinner. normal foods but reasonable portions of them. what kind of foods do you like to eat? I saw you mentioned salads, add more protein to them like a boiled egg, or avocado. snack on a bit of popcorn for snack or a greek yogurt and a banana. its easy to add up calories when you add enough protein to your eating :)

Omg yes popcorn and yogurt! Great suggestions for snacking around. Thank you.
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe do a supplemental drink as well, like Ensure or Boost? Those will often give you nutrients you may be lacking in your regular diet.
  • Naja_
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Did your doctor tell you not to eat carbs because of a medical condition or just because that was his dietary advice?

Given that virtually everything except meat contains carbohydrates (yes, even vegetables!), it's unlikely your doctor told you to consume zero carbohydrates. Did your doctor recommend this due to health issues or as a weight loss plan?

As of today, I have no medical conditions (besides obesity).
    I got blood work done and I am waiting on the results. I doubt it but I don't want to jinx it.
    I guess he just wants to stay on the safe side.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Your doctor may have told you a "no carb" diet, but intended for you to have a "low carb" diet and continue to eat vegetables and dairy along with your meat. You should probably call to clarify.
    If it's latter, you can fill up on fattier cuts of meat, add cheese and butter to your vegetables, eat more nuts, etc.
  • plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Naja_ wrote: »
    No suggestions? Unfortunate.

There was a suggestion, eat more calorie dense foods. If you don't know any just google calorie dense foods.

I asked for her personal suggestions of calorie dense foods. MOST of the things discussed here is "google"able but the point of this site is for peer feedback, support, advice on diet and exercised based on experience.

If someone's response is to google it, then they shouldn't respond in the first place...

At least to posts that I create.

Lolz. Good luck OP with that attitude.

Ditto,,,,,,support is offered don't bite the hand that feeds ,,,,, pun intended
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No suggestions? Unfortunate.

There was a suggestion, eat more calorie dense foods. If you don't know any just google calorie dense foods.

I asked for her personal suggestions of calorie dense foods. MOST of the things discussed here is "google"able but the point of this site is for peer feedback, support, advice on diet and exercised based on experience.

If someone's response is to google it, then they shouldn't respond in the first place...

At least to posts that I create.

Most will tell you to eat whatever you like but make sure it fits into your daily calorie goal. You can eat rice and still lose weight. You can eat fast food (in moderation) and still lose weight. You can eat pretty much anything you want, as long as you eat less than you burn, and still lose weight.

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Skinny pop popcorn is 39 calories a cup, I love it!
  • annakellett11
    annakellett11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Like your dr said eat low carbs. I eat a lot more than I ever did I just eat eggs tuna turkey meat and Vegetables. Make sure you measure your self! I have only lost 6lbs but I have lost a total of 6 inches so far and this is within a month. Keep your head up!
  • Naja_
    Options

Don't throw fire and expect me to throw water dear.
    Your attitude isn't much better. You're extremely condescending. But thanks for the "luck" :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No suggestions? Besides telling me to opt for the happy kids meal instead of the adult combo?

How Unfortunate.

Why do you have to get a Happy Meal? McDonald's has ALOT of options and provides all of their nutritional information.

I had McDonald's today for lunch. McDouble, 4 piece nuggets with sweet & sour sauce, a fruit & yogurt parfait and a Diet Coke. 780 calories. If that's too many calories, try 2x 4 pc. nuggets, sauce and a parfait and it's 580 calories.

You don't have to cut out the things you love. If you like fast food, there's nothing wrong with that. It's just about finding ways to fit the things you love into your calorie goal. And maybe not all at once. It's all about moderation.
  • sarabreck
    sarabreck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Protein powders that I like (I'm vegetarian):
    Nutvia hemp protein blended with coconut milk and a banana, or greek yogurt;
    Now pea protein mixed with apple juice

I also like to bake kale tossed in olive oil and salt as a popcorn substitute.
  • Naja_
    edited July 2015
    Options
    plaffo786 wrote: »

Ditto,,,,,,support is offered don't bite the hand that feeds ,,,,, pun intended

A fat joke? on weight loss support forum?

LOL. I'm going to assume you're Beyonce..

Let's see those abs to match that pretty face girl. I need some inspiration. :)

• jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Maybe you could open your diary so we can get a sense of what you're eating now? For instance, if you're eating salads, add some avocado, chicken, etc. If you're eating oatmeal for breakfast, add fruits, nuts, nut nutter, and honey. It sounds like you just need to bulk up your meals! If you're eating a lot of lettuce, you may be filling up on water which is good to staunch appetite for a lot of people, but it sounds like you may need more calorie dense foods.

Oh, and congrats on your first 10lbs lost!
  • Naja_
    edited July 2015
    Options

What exactly are you hoping to accomplish? You have to figure out how to make this work for you. We can give you advice but it's up to you to make it happen.

Well I started by saying it was a rant but I was hoping for advice from someone who has been through it.

So far I've received messages and great comments with suggestions.

So despite comments of fat shamming and pretentiousness, I have accomplished what I intended to obtain so far. And because of that, I feel it was worth it to share what I am going through. Thanks.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Don't throw fire and expect me to throw water dear.
    Your attitude isn't much better. You're extremely condescending. But thanks for the "luck" :)

Lolz.
  • Naja_
    Options
    Maybe you could open your diary so we can get a sense of what you're eating now? For instance, if you're eating salads, add some avocado, chicken, etc. If you're eating oatmeal for breakfast, add fruits, nuts, nut nutter, and honey. It sounds like you just need to bulk up your meals! If you're eating a lot of lettuce, you may be filling up on water which is good to staunch appetite for a lot of people, but it sounds like you may need more calorie dense foods.

Oh, and congrats on your first 10lbs lost!

Thanks so much. I want to make sure I have nutrition tho. I love avocados!. Feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    So you have no known medical conditions as of now but your doctor put you on a zero carb diet!?!? That makes no sense ,unless you have a medical condition that you didn't mention ( for the record, you don't have to give any info that makes you uncomfortable but it will help us to give you the most accurate advice if we have the full story ) if he told you to eat zero carbs for weight loss, then he also forgot to exaplain cico and that weight loss comes down to cico. Low carb can be a means to lower your calories but there is also other options . again , it comes down to calories in - calories out for weight loss.
    You can eat all the foods you love , within your calorie goal for weight loss . I eat cupcakes , candy and so on , in moderation while meeting my calorie and macro goals. If you like rice , then have rice ( as long as there is no medical conditions that warrant you to avoid the item ) , but just make sure its the correct portions.
    If you truly have no known medical conditions, then eat the foods you like , meet your calories and macros . moderation works.
  • Naja_
    Options
    Your doctor may have told you a "no carb" diet, but intended for you to have a "low carb" diet and continue to eat vegetables and dairy along with your meat. You should probably call to clarify.
    If it's latter, you can fill up on fattier cuts of meat, add cheese and butter to your vegetables, eat more nuts, etc.

Yea, low carb diet is probably what he meant. I'm sure he'll enforce when I tell him of my rapid weight loss. I don't think a little bit of carbs would hurt. great suggestions thanks! :)
  • Naja_
    Options
    Like your dr said eat low carbs. I eat a lot more than I ever did I just eat eggs tuna turkey meat and Vegetables. Make sure you measure your self! I have only lost 6lbs but I have lost a total of 6 inches so far and this is within a month. Keep your head up!

Yum. Turkey sounds like dinner right about now! lol.

Thank you so much.

This discussion has been closed.