I lost 10 pounds in a week and I'm doing every thing right..or so I thought! smh

Options
Naja_
Naja_ Posts: 85 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Ugh. This is a rant.

Eating enough calories is such a problem for me now that I've started dieting. I like to go cold turkey. When I'm done with something I just toss it out the window and erase it's existence.

With food it's not that simple... We need to eat.

It's like telling a former cigarette smoker to take a couple more puffs but don't over do it. And you're just like no... I don't wanna start bad habits again plus I'm fine without it (or less calories in food's case). So instead you're just stuck with a calculator and various nutrition charts... Eating like a friggin robot. v__v.

I lost SO much weight my first week of diet and exercise (10 pounds...I started at 338 lbs tho so ofc I lose quicker at first). And although I'm not hungry and I don't feel like I'm starving myself.. I feel like I should be eating more based on what I was told and based on numbers. I'm sad. v_v.

I eat from 500 to 700 calories a day. Not on purpose.. But a banana, a fruit salad and a grilled chicken salad and hella water doesn't really add up to much. (Today will be more because I was LITERALLY stuffing my face... like tf... trying to add on more cals to hit my goal).

Then I work my *kitten* off in the gym, which just sets me back even more in the calories deficient.
I'm supposed to be having at least 1200 calories (my doctor suggests 1000 cals.)

The problem is that when I did eat bad foods and gained weight... I never ate ALOT... it was just all unhealthy. A bowl of McDonald's chicken nuggets packs on a lot more calories than a bowl of lettuce. But now I feel like I need 3 damn bowls of lettuce just to hit my goal!

What part of the game is this? The former McDonald's lover is now not eating enough?! I'm so irritated.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Why can't you just eat what you used to eat, just less?
  • Naja_
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Because it's no good for my body. I just graduated from a college campus with no kitchen and no hotplates or grills were allowed.

For 4 years, my breakfast lunch and dinner were all fast food. I prefer to eat home cooked meals (or boston market type of stuff when I do eat out) now. Part of my weight loss is of course wanting to look better but the main reason I am here is because of the fact that my body felt like LITERAL CRAP when I kept eating out. Whether a small fry or a whole combo. My body deserves more than junk.

I'm done with it.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Naja_ wrote: »
    Because it's no good for my body. I just graduated from a college campus with no kitchen and no hotplates or grills were allowed.

For 4 years, my breakfast lunch and dinner were all fast food. I prefer to eat home cooked meals (or boston market type of stuff when I do eat out) now. Part of my weight loss is of course wanting to look better but the main reason I am here is because of the fact that my body felt like LITERAL CRAP when I kept eating out. Whether a small fry or a whole combo. My body deserves more than junk.

I'm done with it.

So eat more calorie dense foods. For the record, this type of restriction rarely works long term.
  • Naja_
    Options

So eat more calorie dense foods. For the record, this type of restriction rarely works long term.

Sounds like a great idea. I'm here for suggestions.

• Naja_
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No suggestions? Besides telling me to opt for the happy kids meal instead of the adult combo?

How Unfortunate.
  • mizukikuro
    mizukikuro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You need to learn how to eat again. I was like you, all I ate was pizzas and packet curries. I started with chicken breasts and potato's or home made curries with rice because it keeps you full and adds extra calories. Under eating is bad because I used to eat 800 calories a day and now all I want to do is just eat and eat because I never feel satisfied, after your adrenaline kick of eating under the calories, you'll slowly go back into bad habits
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No suggestions? Unfortunate.

There was a suggestion, eat more calorie dense foods. If you don't know any just google calorie dense foods.

• randomtai
    Options
    No suggestions? Besides telling me to opt for the happy kids meal instead of the adult combo?

How Unfortunate.

Because your relationship with food needs work.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

How Unfortunate.
    It depends on what you like and eat now. It could be as straightforward as eating more full fat dairy as opposed to reduced fat, for example.

• Naja_
    Options
    mizukikuro wrote: »
    You need to learn how to eat again. I was like you, all I ate was pizzas and packet curries. I started with chicken breasts and potato's or home made curries with rice because it keeps you full and adds extra calories. Under eating is bad because I used to eat 800 calories a day and now all I want to do is just eat and eat because I never feel satisfied, after your adrenaline kick of eating under the calories, you'll slowly go back into bad habits

And I LOVE rice and potatoes. But my doctor told me not to eat any of that... no bread.. no spaghetti.. zero carbs.. nothing Ugh. I'm going to have to talk with him then because I feel like I can balance that with grilled chicken and steamed veggies. Great suggestion thanks.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...don't I remember a previous thread where this was discussed with you?

Just eat your regular food...just less of it.

Today I have had bacon, eggs, toast w/butter and honey.
    Cheese and crackers.
    Pizza
    A low calorie dessert

All of that comes to just over 1000 calories...I still have plenty left for the rest of the day.

I will probably have a banana w/peanut butter smeared all over it...maybe some yogurt...who knows.

My point is...you don't have to eat fast food to get your calories in. Though on occasion...I eat fast food...such as my pizza.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options

And I LOVE rice and potatoes. But my doctor told me not to eat any of that... no bread.. no spaghetti.. zero carbs.. nothing Ugh. I'm going to have to talk with him then because I feel like I can balance that with grilled chicken and steamed veggies. Great suggestion thanks.
    Did your doctor tell you not to eat carbs because of a medical condition or just because that was his dietary advice?

• Naja_
    Options
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Given that virtually everything except meat contains carbohydrates (yes, even vegetables!), it's unlikely your doctor told you to consume zero carbohydrates. Did your doctor recommend this due to health issues or as a weight loss plan?
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    eat regular foods like oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, fruit and chicken for lunch, maybe a portion of fish, serving of rice and veggies for dinner. normal foods but reasonable portions of them. what kind of foods do you like to eat? I saw you mentioned salads, add more protein to them like a boiled egg, or avocado. snack on a bit of popcorn for snack or a greek yogurt and a banana. its easy to add up calories when you add enough protein to your eating :)
  • Naja_
    Options

There was a suggestion, eat more calorie dense foods. If you don't know any just google calorie dense foods.

I asked for her personal suggestions of calorie dense foods. MOST of the things discussed here is "google"able but the point of this site is for peer feedback, support, advice on diet and exercised based on experience.

If someone's response is to google it, then they shouldn't respond in the first place...

At least to posts that I create.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Yeah, a Cobb salad with egg, avocado, chicken, bacon, and some blue cheese dressing (or Ranch, if that's the way you roll) sounds like it might work.
  • randomtai
    Options

I asked for her personal suggestions of calorie dense foods. MOST of the things discussed here is "google"able but the point of this site is for peer feedback, support, advice on diet and exercised based on experience.

If someone's response is to google it, then they shouldn't respond in the first place...

At least to posts that I create.

Lolz. Good luck OP with that attitude.
  • Naja_
    Options

Annie_01 wrote: »
    OP...don't I remember a previous thread where this was discussed with you?

Just eat your regular food...just less of it.

Today I have had bacon, eggs, toast w/butter and honey.
    Cheese and crackers.
    Pizza
    A low calorie dessert

All of that comes to just over 1000 calories...I still have plenty left for the rest of the day.

I will probably have a banana w/peanut butter smeared all over it...maybe some yogurt...who knows.

My point is...you don't have to eat fast food to get your calories in. Though on occasion...I eat fast food...such as my pizza.

My thread was asking what people were having for dinner. But when I saw rice... pizza... and all these carbs (THAT I LOVE) that my doctor said no too.. I was stuck with all the low calorie stuff that puts me back where I am. But I am going to meet with him and ask him to incorporate some carbs in my diet... Grass and proteins has me crawling to my daily goal.
This discussion has been closed.