Are you honest about how much you currently weigh / did way weigh with your partner?

Options
13»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I told him when I decided to lose weight. He didn't believe me so I even made him look at the scale. LOL
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It isn't a matter of honesty. My weight doesn't seem like a very interesting topic of conversation, so I don't talk about it.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    It isn't a matter of honesty. My weight doesn't seem like a very interesting topic of conversation, so I don't talk about it.

WORD
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I tell Mr. Pineapple just about everything, and we talk quite a lot about health and fitness these days, so yes, he knows. I'll tell him whenever I lose weight and sometimes he'll ask what I'm down to. He'll usually forget that # though. He'll tell me his occasionally if he's lost or gained weight.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    opalle wrote: »
    Nope, never told him my weight, not even when I was at a healthy weight and was 20 lbs lighter. I think I'd rather eat a bucket of nails than let him know my weight at my heaviest. I have another 15 lbs to go before I'm lighter than him again. Maybe then, if he asked, I might tell him what I weigh.

Oops, that should say 20 lbs lighter than him. I wish I was 20 lbs away from being at a healthy weight, but not quite there yet.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm the weirdo that isn't phased by that question. Friends or strangers, I don't care, if they ask I will tell. The only time I didn't have an accurate answer was when I didn't have a scale and was gaining weight. Although I would still say "my best guess is XXX lbs.".
    My husband has never directly asked. However after my first pregnancy I did freak out about a 260lb gain. I told him and told him I NEVER wanted to see that again. I talk to him about my struggles with losing. I'm always happy to announce a new low to him and he has been very supportive. He decided he wanted to lose weight too a few months after I started and tells me when he sees a loss or gain. We help each other.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I'm the weirdo that isn't phased by that question. Friends or strangers, I don't care, if they ask I will tell. The only time I didn't have an accurate answer was when I didn't have a scale and was gaining weight. Although I would still say "my best guess is XXX lbs.".
    My husband has never directly asked. However after my first pregnancy I did freak out about a 260lb gain. I told him and told him I NEVER wanted to see that again. I talk to him about my struggles with losing. I'm always happy to announce a new low to him and he has been very supportive. He decided he wanted to lose weight too a few months after I started and tells me when he sees a loss or gain. We help each other.

No one - family, friends, or strangers, has ever asked me. I've never asked someone else what they weigh, either.
  • AmberDawn1222
    AmberDawn1222 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I didn't tell him until I had lost some. My hubby is a skinny Minnie so I just wanted to weigh less than him when I told him lol
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My husband and I don't really talk about how much we weigh. We are both trying to lose weight in our own ways and we share when we have a good loss but never said what the actual number is. I know he is obese, and he was very embarrassed at a recent doctors appointment when he had to tell her what he thought he weighed. If he ever asked I don't think I would have an issue giving him all my numbers because I am not as big as I was a year ago and I know he loves me no matter what I weigh.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I tell my other half about how much I've lost and even if I've put some back on but I doubt he has a clue what my actual weight is or would guess anywhere near.
    [As an aside, until recently he thought that the average UK ladies dress size was a 12 and thought he was dating a bigger than average lady (wrong on both counts since the UK average is 14/16 and I was a 16 and am now a 14) so he's generally clueless when it comes to estimating weights and sizes.]
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Not in the slightest. But sometimes he sees the number on my "if every day were like today..." screen, and I let him believe I weigh that much. ;) He knows how much I've lost, though. I trumpet that around the apartment every time I hit a milestone.

I don't know how much he weighs either, actually. He's a chef and we talk about food more than weight.
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My husband would probably love if I were shy about my weight; I jump on the scale each morning then crow it in his ear like a rooster!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

I don't know how much he weighs either, actually. He's a chef and we talk about food more than weight.

I love talking about food. I'm always coming up with some new thing to cook that I'm overly excited about.

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Why wouldn't I be? I mean, we've seen each other naked, it's not like I could hide the fact that I was overweight. Plus, by knowing how much we each weight, we can celebrate when weight is lost. I dunno, it never really bothered me for anyone to know, much less my husband. Those kinds of details I don't share with everyone, but not because I'm embarrassed by it, I just don't want embarrasses others. If someone asks, I'll tell them, no biggie.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Erm, I will tell anyone how much I weigh...