Need gift ideas for a man.

Options
Hey everyone! I need advice!!!

My boyfriend lifts weight...like a lot of weight. We have a weight room set up at home, and it's all gym quality. I am looking to purchase something to add to the weight room for his birthday, but im only looking to spend 200-300 dollars. Any ideas?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ooooh. No, because I don't know what he has. But that is so nice! There isn't anything he has mentioned wanting?
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I know he wants heavy free weights. I could have sworn he said 100 lbs, but I don't know. I can't even lift most of what he has, so I don't use it. I guess I need to look when he is at work one day lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could bring it up somehow, nonchalantly, and get an idea.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Gonna be pretty hard to make suggestions when we have no idea what he already has.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Gonna be pretty hard to make suggestions when we have no idea what he already has.

Good point...I'll update tomorrow!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Fit4LifeAR wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Good point...I'll update tomorrow!!

and a general idea of what type of workout he does or what he's hoping to achieve with his workouts would be nice. otherwise we're just going to end up suggesting something he's just gonna end up drying his laundry on.

and if all else fails....

https://youtu.be/qJI5kvWBL1E
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Fit4LifeAR wrote: »
    I know he wants heavy free weights. I could have sworn he said 100 lbs, but I don't know. I can't even lift most of what he has, so I don't use it. I guess I need to look when he is at work one day lol.

Well....there you go. Go out and get him a 100lb free weight.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Take picture of his weight room , post them here so we can see what he already has and then can give suggestions as to what he may need
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Take picture of his weight room , post them here so we can see what he already has and then can give suggestions as to what he may need

Yes. Along with his address and a picture of his door lock, windows, and security system, if any. Just in case he has anything I need.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My home gym has everything I could possibly need for just about any routine worth doing. Here's what I use, maybe see what has and fill in the gaps:

Rouge power rack
    Skinny pull up bar
    Fat pull up bar
    Dip bar
    Spud inc pulley system
    Two sets of J cups
    Rogue Ohio bar
    ~500 lbs of bumper plates
    5lb, 2.5lb, 0.5lb plates
    Legend 0-90 bench
    Spotter safety straps
    Iron master quick lock Dumbbells
    4x 1.25lb plate mates (magnetic fractional plates)
    Dip belt
    Ab wheel

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Bumper Plates. These are the ones I've been considering:
    http://www.vulcanstrength.com/Bumper-Plates-s/92.htm
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Get the 100 lb free weight and a gift receipt. Voila!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    A suspension trainer gives a lot of workout options. TRX is the most heavily advertised but others out there as good or better
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    My home gym has everything I could possibly need for just about any routine worth doing. Here's what I use, maybe see what has and fill in the gaps:

Rouge power rack
    Skinny pull up bar
    Fat pull up bar
    Dip bar
    Spud inc pulley system
    Two sets of J cups
    Rogue Ohio bar
    ~500 lbs of bumper plates
    5lb, 2.5lb, 0.5lb plates
    Legend 0-90 bench
    Spotter safety straps
    Iron master quick lock Dumbbells
    4x 1.25lb plate mates (magnetic fractional plates)
    Dip belt
    Ab wheel

When do you work?

Hey OP, when this guy goes to work just run by his house and take one of his 100lb free weights.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Surprise him and build a platform!

img_0205.jpg
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    get him some chalk
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't buy my husband anything unless we'd either discussed it or he had made very clear and precise hints. I will occasionally ask his friends but they have steered me wrong in the past. He has a very clear and specific idea of what he wants and I invariably get it wrong!

My advice is ask him! I have an amazon wish list which I point my husband to around my birthday :)

• edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    csman49 wrote: »
    get him some chalk
    Good idea, though it won't get you near $200. Maybe a bowl stand to go with it. Any chance we wants a TV in there or some other non-workout stuff. It's tough to get specific specialized items without knowing exactly what he prefers.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    amazon wishlists are awesome to keep up to date and so easy to direct someone toward

nice gloves? chalk? platform is nice :) ab wheels are the devil and great gifts :smiley:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I second the amazon wishlist.

An ab roller- really effective and something I as a lifter wish I had- but never remember to buy. It's tiny- doesn't take up much room- and much less expensive than other things.

Jump rope.
    Boxing bag/gloves if he's into that.

A power cage!
    Plateform with rubber mats.