Options
124»

Replies

• jms5137
    jms5137 Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »

I purchased my wedding dress in January, it fit right off the rack and it was a discontinued style so I bought it right away. I tried it on 3 weeks ago (having lost 32lbs) and when I put my arms up after it had been zipped it slipped right down. I have about 3 inches of extra material already. I am getting married in November! My fiancé said that if I have to buy a new dress he would be happy that it's for such a great reason. (just one more reason to marry that wonderful man xoxo)

Do you think you will need to buy a new dress, or it will be able to be altered? I'm curious, because I'm hoping to be in the same situation, but I don't want to be buying a new dress :)

Oh, and congrats on the wedding, and the weight loss!

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    jms5137 wrote: »
    StacyChrz wrote: »

I purchased my wedding dress in January, it fit right off the rack and it was a discontinued style so I bought it right away. I tried it on 3 weeks ago (having lost 32lbs) and when I put my arms up after it had been zipped it slipped right down. I have about 3 inches of extra material already. I am getting married in November! My fiancé said that if I have to buy a new dress he would be happy that it's for such a great reason. (just one more reason to marry that wonderful man xoxo)

Do you think you will need to buy a new dress, or it will be able to be altered? I'm curious, because I'm hoping to be in the same situation, but I don't want to be buying a new dress :)

Oh, and congrats on the wedding, and the weight loss!

I don't actually start fittings until the end of next month. I will be going to the store this week to find out if I can exchange the dress for a smaller size, if for no other reason than not paying for such a big alteration. I found out the dress was available again during another sale. I hope they have a smaller size because I love it so much.