How many calories do YOU eat to maintain around 130 lbs?

Options
1235»

Replies

• d08t
    d08t Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You need to know how many calories you burn each day and eat that amount, give or take.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    d08t wrote: »
    You need to know how many calories you burn each day and eat that amount, give or take.

Obviously
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    tigerblue wrote: »
    Comforting to know I am right in the middle of most everyone! It seems age counts a great deal, too! Blehh!!!

With that said, it seems that the calculators might be a bit off for us middle aged gals?? I thought my "allowance" was low at 1600-1700 a day (according to the calculators I should be maintaining at 1800-2100--47 yo, 132 lbs, exercise 30-60 minutes 5-6 days a week), but with what most of you are reporting ACTUALLY HAPPENS with your bodies, I think 1600-1700 puts me right in the middle, or maybe just a tad below the middle.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Always tough to say. I read somewhere that people who tend to move a lot even when sitting (moving their legs etc) end up burning 100 more calories a day than people who don't. And there's sleep too... I wonder how long sleep affects your TDEE, like, would you burn more being awake an extra hour or sleeping that time?
    This is interesting for me since I am a 3rd shifter. I only sleep about 2-3 hours during weekdays and get about 7-9 hours on weekends. Ive been stuck for about 1 1/2 months within this 3lb range and I think Its because Ive had a lot of vacation days meaning more sleep. I swear being awake those xtra hours helps me burn more especially since I am either working or chasing after 3 kids instead of resting. Ive lost 104# since September and havent had any stalls especially this long. Or maybe since its summer Ive had more bad days than average. Lots of variables I suppose. Cant wait to get this last 20# off so I can experiment with maintaining!