How long did it take for someone to notice weight loss?

Options
123457»

Replies

• suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    People started to notice, around 15lbs.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    A few people noticed when I dropped about 30 pounds, now that I've dropped 61 its finally really showing and more people are noticing.
  • dartaaa
    dartaaa Posts: 35
    Options
    For me, people notice after around 10-15lbs, but when I lose 20, they are starting to worry about my weight, so there is this tiny line of the big difference... at least for me.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I kept hoping I was losing enough that people would notice, but as soon as the comments started, I no longer wanted people to notice.

I can relate to that
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I was probably about 40+ lbs in before people felt confident enough to say anything about it. Sometimes it feels like it takes longer for them to notice because people are afraid to say anything. Might be afraid of offending you.

This is very much what happens. I felt awkward enough congratulating my mom on her loss because I didn't even realize she was trying. People also may worry it is unintentional.
  • lmsky12
    lmsky12 Posts: 32
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs, about 1/3 of the way to my goal. I'm short too, 5'0, and not a single person has noticed. Not even my husband. I've lost two pant sizes too. One day I was trying on my skinnier jeans (the first size down) and asked my husband if he could tell I'd lost weight, and he said "no" and that "15 pounds isn't that much". :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!