5'3 and shorter that need to or have lost 30+ lbs

Options
123457»

Replies

• NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 @177lbs I just started insanity on monday (yesterday). I have 60+lbs to lose. Add me if you like.
  • slowrollem
    slowrollem Posts: 55 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I enjoyed reading all the shortie success stories here but frankly it only makes me more depressed about my own lack of success. I've never been able to lose weight no matter what. I have none of typical things to cut out of my diet because I never eat fast food, pop, processed meals, etc in the first place. I was raised a home cook and I still am a home cook. I grill or bake meats, eat vegetables and salads, and light on sauces and gravies. My main downfall is french bread and pasta but I don't eat either in crazy amounts. And desserts. I never pass! But it still doesn't explain why I can't splurge and lose. Instead it always just stays no matter what. I speed walk, have had my TSH checked, eat fairly healthy... yet I"m 5'2" and 156 lbs and not loosing a single ounce yet at 1400 calories per day (FitPal recommended).

@Itsonlymeagain But are you weighing everything to make sure you are only eating 1400 calories a day? If not, you are likely over-estimating what you are eating. Pasta, rice, etc are very small portions. Its ridiculous when I weigh out a very small portion, and the amount of calories it uses up from my day.

Seriously until I started weighing my food, I thought I knew how much I was eating. I was very wrong.

+1

I started with measuring spoons and cups. Wow, did that leave a lot of errors in my calories consumed. I bought a $12 scale and it opened my eyes to how much I was overeating!

That and being very thorough about the selections I made from the food database. A lot of those entries are incorrect. Look for USDA, raw or fresh entries. Don't use generic entries.