True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• NoCookiesBish
    NoCookiesBish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    im actually confused about the "woo". Is it actually a woo as in "woo hoo" or is it sarcasim at its finest? Im not sure how i feel about the "woo" anymore :(

It depends on who's wooing. Some people use it as a good thing. Others use it as an oh shut the *kitten* up woo. You never know.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Seems it is interchangeable. I always tell myself the WOO's I receive are a WOOHOO! Yay!
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Ive got a few woos. I wonder which kind they meant now. Who woo'd me??? What did u mean??!!!
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Im legitimately at a place in my MFP journey where i cant understand woo anymore :(
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Im legitimately at a place in my MFP journey where i cant understand woo anymore :(

There's a certain faction of MFP users, obnoxiously referred to as "the veterans" (LOL). Most of them don't venture into Chit Chat. They love to gang up on new posters and use the stupid word woo in response to any comment that dares to venture into discussion about anything other than CICO as pertaining to weight loss in the boring diet and exercise forum rooms. When the mods told them to stop, they stomped, pouted and whined. To appease them, and give a subtle nod to their smug confidence, laboratory internships and post graduate dissertations, the mods decided to create an ambiguous and anonymous woo button. Turns out, from a PR perspective, it was a genius move. MFP woo culture accommodates everyone and maintains a certain mystique that keeps everyone slightly off kilter in a very quirky way.

You make my heart smile
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

There's a certain faction of MFP users, obnoxiously referred to as "the veterans" (LOL). Most of them don't venture into Chit Chat. They love to gang up on new posters and use the stupid word woo in response to any comment that dares to venture into discussion about anything other than CICO as pertaining to weight loss in the boring diet and exercise forum rooms. When the mods told them to stop, they stomped, pouted and whined. To appease them, and give a subtle nod to their smug confidence, laboratory internships and post graduate dissertations, the mods decided to create an ambiguous and anonymous woo button. Turns out, from a PR perspective, it was a genius move. MFP woo culture accommodates everyone and maintains a certain mystique that keeps everyone slightly off kilter in a very quirky way.

I need your general ability to form thoughts into coherent things today
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I confess I don't think I have been to a party where I got to take home anything besides the consequences of my bad decisions.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I confess, I don’t like to confess.
  • FLBlackMax
    FLBlackMax Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I confess hockey is growing on me
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    I used to watch a lot of sports. These days I don't care about them at all.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    Dreading Tuesday...but looking forward to Wednesday
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

What changed?

Not sure, just seems like more wasted time than anything and so much energy can go into them, then you are either crushed or elated by something that really has no effect on your life.
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options

What changed?

Not sure, just seems like more wasted time than anything and so much energy can go into them, then you are either crushed or elated by something that really has no effect on your life.

God where have you been all my life?

I was somewhere wasting time Im pretty sure.
  • FLBlackMax
    FLBlackMax Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love sports - cant support this lol
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I find men who dance very unattractive and i broke up with my boyfriend in university because he was dancing a lot when we went to the clubs.

How about now?

1dnt9j9o00ft.gif

Nightmare :D