True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I dislike having to hunt for a dumpster, that isn't already filled to the maximum; this time of year! I reside in an apartment complex & thus I don't have my own outdoor trash/recycle receptacles! Around here if you don't, begin unwrapping presents at 4:00 A.M. & have all of your trash out, by 5:00 A.M. Christmas morning; you have to wait a week to dispose of it!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I'm listening to my husband help our daughter with her math homework and I'm having flashbacks of my dad helping me with my math homework.....frustrated dad yelling at confused daughter who just doesn't understand the *kitten* math problems, then stubborn frustrated daughter yelling back resulting in some sort of weird homework battle session. I hated it. I'm going to buy my daughter something nice today because they are doing the same damn thing.

This' why I am against homework because even if a child's parents graduated, that doesn't mean that they remember; what they learned & besides unless we went to college to become a teacher, we weren't even taught how to teach; what we do remember! Isn't teaching why parents, send their children; to school? To teach them, what they're unable to?
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I just ate a bowl of dark chocolate.. It was good.. now I feel guilty. I'm gonna go out for a run.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I did my son's project because it was easier and less frustrating

I don't like being this kind of parent...but I have to confess: Helping my son with his homework...the urge is STRONG to just say.."forget it, go play on your iPad, I'll have this done in 45 seconds." But I think all of us parents are guilty of that at some level or other.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Options
    I'm listening to my husband help our daughter with her math homework and I'm having flashbacks of my dad helping me with my math homework.....frustrated dad yelling at confused daughter who just doesn't understand the *kitten* math problems, then stubborn frustrated daughter yelling back resulting in some sort of weird homework battle session. I hated it. I'm going to buy my daughter something nice today because they are doing the same damn thing.

This' why I am against homework because even if a child's parents graduated, that doesn't mean that they remember; what they learned & besides unless we went to college to become a teacher, we weren't even taught how to teach; what we do remember! Isn't teaching why parents, send their children; to school? To teach them, what they're unable to?

Parents send their kids to school because it is the law. It's an attempt to ensure that there is at least some minimum level of education being provided to a country's population. I agree that not all parents are cut out to help with homework. I lose my patience sometimes but for different reasons. I made it through Calculus III in college, and watching my 6 year old struggle with 44-32 = ? drives me up the wall...I start twitching and after 30 seconds, I just want to scream 12!...IT'S FREAKIN 12...HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?

That's usually when my wife, who is a school teacher will step in and take over. And I get sent to my corner.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for this entire month to be over.

Me too.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I did my son's project because it was easier and less frustrating

I don't like being this kind of parent...but I have to confess: Helping my son with his homework...the urge is STRONG to just say.."forget it, go play on your iPad, I'll have this done in 45 seconds." But I think all of us parents are guilty of that at some level or other.

My ex husband always won the science fair for my oldest when she was in elementary school. 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. She had such a misguided sense of pride for those stupid ribbons. By the time 6th grade came around, the divorce was final and I made her do her own project. She couldn't believe she didn't even place. Silly girl.

I stuffed those ribbons in a box that I packed up of his things when he moved out. They were his anyway.

Funny. Yeah, I would never go so far as to completely take over the project...but the urge is definitely there. Sometimes it's hard to watch your kids do the wrong thing, and not correct them, but that's how they learn.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'm ready for this entire month to be over.

Me too.

Against my own will, I become pretty reflective during Christmas and New Years. Add that to my thanksgiving trauma and I'm just all the way over it. Tired of feeling like I'm not enough. Tired of feeling like I'm never going to be enough. Tired of feeling empty. I have much to be thankful and grateful for yet these other feelings seem to trump that. Blah

I saw a cool quote one time. "You are the person you were meant to be, and that's all the World needs you to be."
  • cee134
    Options
    I use to dress up like a ghost to scare people away from an old house that had a famous diamond hidden in it, so I had time to find it. It would of worked too if it wasn't for some meddling kids and their dog too.
  • cee134
    Options
    ampw5srlzbcf.png

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    OK don't judge me!

I got bored few days ago and me being bored is a recipe for something bad..
    So I went to my mothers and stole some of her christmas decoration.... I didn't feel like making my own...

Just now she texted me: "I don't know where I went wrong with you. Return the Christmas decorations or I'll make no chocolate desserts over Christmas"

So now I'm thinking about calling the cops cause threatening me with chocolate is the most evil thing ever and she knows it :angry:
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Parents send their kids to school because it is the law. It's an attempt to ensure that there is at least some minimum level of education being provided to a country's population. I agree that not all parents are cut out to help with homework. I lose my patience sometimes but for different reasons. I made it through Calculus III in college, and watching my 6 year old struggle with 44-32 = ? drives me up the wall...I start twitching and after 30 seconds, I just want to scream 12!...IT'S FREAKIN 12...HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?

That's usually when my wife, who is a school teacher will step in and take over. And I get sent to my corner.

However the law, doesn't dictate; whom the educator must be! A parent without a teaching degree's legally able, to educate their child; via homeschooling but I believe that the main reason, why parent's don't's because they're educationally unable to do so & thus this renders homework senseless, unless the homework's just to study what they already know, without further instruction!