True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to my husband help our daughter with her math homework and I'm having flashbacks of my dad helping me with my math homework.....frustrated dad yelling at confused daughter who just doesn't understand the *kitten* math problems, then stubborn frustrated daughter yelling back resulting in some sort of weird homework battle session. I hated it. I'm going to buy my daughter something nice today because they are doing the same damn thing.

This' why I am against homework because even if a child's parents graduated, that doesn't mean that they remember; what they learned & besides unless we went to college to become a teacher, we weren't even taught how to teach; what we do remember! Isn't teaching why parents, send their children; to school? To teach them, what they're unable to?

Parents send their kids to school because it is the law. It's an attempt to ensure that there is at least some minimum level of education being provided to a country's population. I agree that not all parents are cut out to help with homework. I lose my patience sometimes but for different reasons. I made it through Calculus III in college, and watching my 6 year old struggle with 44-32 = ? drives me up the wall...I start twitching and after 30 seconds, I just want to scream 12!...IT'S FREAKIN 12...HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?

That's usually when my wife, who is a school teacher will step in and take over. And I get sent to my corner.

However the law, doesn't dictate; whom the educator must be! A parent without a teaching degree's legally able, to educate their child; via homeschooling but I believe that the main reason, why parent's don't's because they're educationally unable to do so & thus this renders homework senseless, unless the homework's just to study what they already know, without further instruction!

I think the "main" reason parents don't educate their own children is because we have to have full time jobs that go toward keeping the lights on and the water hot and flowing. Besides, I like sending my son to public school because it teaches him social skills that he would never learn hanging out with me at the house all day.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    OK don't judge me!

I got bored few days ago and me being bored is a recipe for something bad..
    So I went to my mothers and stole some of her christmas decoration.... I didn't feel like making my own...

Just now she texted me: "I don't know where I went wrong with you. Return the Christmas decorations or I'll make no chocolate desserts over Christmas"

So now I'm thinking about calling the cops cause threatening me with chocolate is the most evil thing ever and she knows it :angry:

At the very least, you'll want to lawyer up.

You're right, I defiantly need to higher a lawyer... or return the bloody things and "borrow" all her teaspoons instead...
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'm ready for this entire month to be over.

Me too.

Against my own will, I become pretty reflective during Christmas and New Years. Add that to my thanksgiving trauma and I'm just all the way over it. Tired of feeling like I'm not enough. Tired of feeling like I'm never going to be enough. Tired of feeling empty. I have much to be thankful and grateful for yet these other feelings seem to trump that. Blah

I saw a cool quote one time. "You are the person you were meant to be, and that's all the World needs you to be."

Obviously I was meant, to be disabled; since I was unable to knowingly prevent it but why's that, all the world; needs me to be? It'd make sense, if I was loved & thus'd be missed but I am not, so I have no personal significance; to anyone & since I'm unemployable, I don't have commercial value; to society either. Therefore my existence, doesn't make sense.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Me too.

Against my own will, I become pretty reflective during Christmas and New Years. Add that to my thanksgiving trauma and I'm just all the way over it. Tired of feeling like I'm not enough. Tired of feeling like I'm never going to be enough. Tired of feeling empty. I have much to be thankful and grateful for yet these other feelings seem to trump that. Blah

I saw a cool quote one time. "You are the person you were meant to be, and that's all the World needs you to be."

Obviously I was meant, to be disabled; since I was unable to knowingly prevent it but why's that, all the world; needs me to be? It'd make sense, if I was loved & thus'd be missed but I am not, so I have no personal significance; to anyone & since I'm unemployable, I don't have commercial value; to society either. Therefore my existence, doesn't make sense.

Or, you could use your situation to mentor/inspire youth who may be in the same situation as you, and possibly keep one of them from spiraling into the same depression that you obviously suffer from, and possibly keep one or two, or maybe three of them from succumbing to suicide. There is always a purpose for you, whether you are willing to see it or not.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm listening to my husband help our daughter with her math homework and I'm having flashbacks of my dad helping me with my math homework.....frustrated dad yelling at confused daughter who just doesn't understand the *kitten* math problems, then stubborn frustrated daughter yelling back resulting in some sort of weird homework battle session. I hated it. I'm going to buy my daughter something nice today because they are doing the same damn thing.

This' why I am against homework because even if a child's parents graduated, that doesn't mean that they remember; what they learned & besides unless we went to college to become a teacher, we weren't even taught how to teach; what we do remember! Isn't teaching why parents, send their children; to school? To teach them, what they're unable to?

Parents send their kids to school because it is the law. It's an attempt to ensure that there is at least some minimum level of education being provided to a country's population. I agree that not all parents are cut out to help with homework. I lose my patience sometimes but for different reasons. I made it through Calculus III in college, and watching my 6 year old struggle with 44-32 = ? drives me up the wall...I start twitching and after 30 seconds, I just want to scream 12!...IT'S FREAKIN 12...HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?

That's usually when my wife, who is a school teacher will step in and take over. And I get sent to my corner.

However the law, doesn't dictate; whom the educator must be! A parent without a teaching degree's legally able, to educate their child; via homeschooling but I believe that the main reason, why parent's don't's because they're educationally unable to do so & thus this renders homework senseless, unless the homework's just to study what they already know, without further instruction!

I think the "main" reason parents don't educate their own children is because we have to have full time jobs that go toward keeping the lights on and the water hot and flowing. Besides, I like sending my son to public school because it teaches him social skills that he would never learn hanging out with me at the house all day.

The time that parents, spend doing homework's enough time; to also educate & it doesn't have to be done, during typical school hours! Some people'll argue that, even homeschooling during school hours'll prepare them; for when they have to go to work but it doesn't because some people, work night shifts!

It's a school's job to teach academics, by the time children begin school; they should already be disciplined by parents & have social skills by playing with neighborhood children. My classmates & I were always told by teachers, that we could talk; to our friends after school! I made all of my friends, at the playground; not during class!
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited December 2016
    Options

Me too.

Or, you could use your situation to mentor/inspire youth who may be in the same situation as you, and possibly keep one of them from spiraling into the same depression that you obviously suffer from, and possibly keep one or two, or maybe three of them from succumbing to suicide. There is always a purpose for you, whether you are willing to see it or not.

Me too.

No I don't believe this for a second. It's the power from within, the power of self worth. Being loved by someone else has nothing to do with being worthy. Being loved or valued is a luxury but not a luxury afforded to everyone. Many people are alone and this does not mean they have no purpose, no value. Nobody else actually really matters when it comes to your own worth and how you perceive yourself. You need to find the light from within and let it shine. Let it shine strong and bright because you never know who might be looking. Anybody out there might need you for whatever reason or can learn from you, or take comfort from you or perhaps motivation and you MAY NEVER EVEN KNOW IT. That is your purpose.

Thank you, I do value myself! However I believe that when, someone's dependent upon someone else's income as I am on taxpayers; that the dependent's suppose to be an investment not an expense & thus my self esteem, doesn't matter; in this context because that only benefits me, not taxpayers. While I try to limit their expense, by not applying for benefits, that aren't necessary for me to & have done some volunteer work when well enough to, the money that I've saved them doesn't produce enough value; for me not to be an expense upon them.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My van drives me nuts. The left clicker works, doesn't work, works, stops working as I am waiting to turn, starts working as I'm waiting to turn. I had it fixed yesterday and it worked then stopped t5 minutes later and now is working again.

I confess I want to abandon it in a parking lot a get a new car
  • sisxena
    sisxena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My boss just treated the whole department to KFC today. And I may have eaten 2 pieces of chicken, fries and washed it down with Coke.....

But I am not sure.............. :smirk:
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I confess that my exhusband is a complete sociopath whose main objective in life is to ruin mine.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am curious if @synchkat abandoned her car..
  • synchkat
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I didn't. I'd have to clear out too much crap if I did that. and then I'd have to pick a new one
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    ^^ Me too. :#
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

I didn't. I'd have to clear out too much crap if I did that. and then I'd have to pick a new one

I know it was nice, even if just for a moment, what it would be like to do just that... :):#
  • synchkat
    Options

I know it was nice, even if just for a moment, what it would be like to do just that... :):#

I had a frind do it once. She had an old clunker, left it in a parking lot, unlocked with the keys in it and no one would steal it. I'm sure my van would be the same.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options

I had a frind do it once. She had an old clunker, left it in a parking lot, unlocked with the keys in it and no one would steal it. I'm sure my van would be the same.

:joy:
  • synchkat
    Options

:joy:

You laugh but it's true. my van hasn't been cleaned jn awhile, as a big dent and scratch along the side from where someone "side swiped" me. I might have scraped it trying to get out of a parking lot one day although someone added to it so it's not a complete lie
  • RoxieDawn
    edited December 2016
    Options

I am laughing so dang hard right now.. I am crying.. LOL LOL

I confess that I might put a brick on the gas pedal and have that thing drive itself into a tree! >:)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy years ago when living in LA who had it arranged to have his car stolen.

It was last seen heading into Mexico.

( and no, it wasn't me.)