True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    K, so this might be a pretty deep one, and I know it's bad...

Sometimes I wish my deeply depressed and mentally ill little brother would just go ahead and do what he's been threatening and alluding to doing for the past two years... Instead of constantly refusing to show up to family gatherings and purposely causing drama and making everything about himself and always doing dumb little things to hurt my mom, (but all the while refusing heartfelt, and at times even professional help). At least then his pain would stop, and our pain as the family watching him suffer could come to an end. Because he's not getting better. He doesn't even want to try.

I confess that this made me just want to give out a big ole {{Granpa Hug}} to you. While I cannot make go all away for you, I do recognize how brave you are for to see the situation for what it is and the hero you are for living this every day.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    True Confession: I found out that the man I was dating for 6 months wasn't as 'separated' as he said he was. After ending the relationship, I sent an anonymous letter to his wife, making her aware of her husbands (2nd) affair.

I was going to ask if you had mounted his testicles over your fireplace, but it sounds like he did not have any to claim as 'spoils of war'.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I confess when I see certain individuals (thread hogs) on the forums I just leave until they're gone. Conversely there are some people I look forward to seeing on there.

I will confess, that I agree! There are just lame *kitten* b!tches that have to be the center of attention, and ignore anyone who doesn't idolize them!!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I'll confess I can be repay protective of friends and if someone hurts a friend of mine, even if they were a friend I will have nothing more to do with them.
    I've always been like this I guess I won't be changing any time soon
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have once eaten an entire carrot cake and hid the evidence. Silly, and small, but man I felt guilty.
  • synchkat
    Options
    cariduttry wrote: »
    i confess that i am DONE with summer already! i usually keep my mouth shut because i'm in the minority, but i hate summer and the heat. bring on the pumpkin spice everything, chilly breezes, fall weather, and football!

I'll second this. I miss my cute fall boots and jeans and sweaters
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    i confess that i am DONE with summer already! i usually keep my mouth shut because i'm in the minority, but i hate summer and the heat. bring on the pumpkin spice everything, chilly breezes, fall weather, and football!

I miss my riding boots and leggings!

It was so hot in NJ last weekend that I couldn't go outside to do anything :(
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options

AMEN! And snoooooow amiright @Lovethesnow35??? Though...I do need to hit the beach at least once...so maybe hold off a little longer.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit this, but I'm deeply troubled by my father and his mental stability, as well as his health. Earlier this summer, he had hip replacement surgery, which was needed. However, his 80 year old body hasn't taken it so well. He's still in pain, sleeps more than he's awake and he's lost 25 lbs in about a month. He rarely eats, exercises (walks) or does anything to improve his condition. It's difficult watching this continue...and I'm here every single day taking care of both mom and dad. I finally had enough this morning and told him that if he can't do what he needs to do in his home, he MUST check himself into a rehab hospital.

So I confess: I'm in pain for my parents.

Sorry, not to be a downer. At least it's HUMP DAY!
  • synchkat
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »
    I hate to admit this, but I'm deeply troubled by my father and his mental stability, as well as his health. Earlier this summer, he had hip replacement surgery, which was needed. However, his 80 year old body hasn't taken it so well. He's still in pain, sleeps more than he's awake and he's lost 25 lbs in about a month. He rarely eats, exercises (walks) or does anything to improve his condition. It's difficult watching this continue...and I'm here every single day taking care of both mom and dad. I finally had enough this morning and told him that if he can't do what he needs to do in his home, he MUST check himself into a rehab hospital.

:( Sorry you are dealing with this. I totally understand ailing parents. If you figure out how to convince him he needs help let me know. I'm at that point with my parents
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

OMG @jaxass - I'm in the same boat :( My father has bone cancer that recently spread to his lungs. Since he found out he hasn't done anything for himself ("I feel like *kitten* today" is what he always says). He won't get up and get his own glass of water. The other day he shouted up to me in my bedroom to come downstairs to get him the remote for the TV. This morning he wouldn't go out to the front steps to get the newspaper so I had to rush out of the shower to get it for him. My mom was just released from the hospital after having a bad accident ... I told my boss just yesterday that I have no life for myself because I'm taking care of them all the time. True Confession: I'm getting really tired of taking care of my aging parents :(

• synchkat
    Options

OMG @jaxass - I'm in the same boat :( My father has bone cancer that recently spread to his lungs. Since he found out he hasn't done anything for himself ("I feel like *kitten* today" is what he always says). He won't get up and get his own glass of water. The other day he shouted up to me in my bedroom to come downstairs to get him the remote for the TV. This morning he wouldn't go out to the front steps to get the newspaper so I had to rush out of the shower to get it for him. My mom was just released from the hospital after having a bad accident ... I told my boss just yesterday that I have no life for myself because I'm taking care of them all the time. True Confession: I'm getting really tired of taking care of my aging parents :(

Wow Tracy that's tough. When it rains it pours.
    My dad had a tumour removed last year and the same week he came home my mom fell and broke her ankle.
    Dad's cancer returned so we deal with that and my mom has Parkinsons. We're trying to get them to sell their house and move into some sort of facility but they fight it every step. My mom will just shrug and say well you're the sandwich generation.
    Somedays I feel like running away
  • benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I confess that I lie about my confessions...
    So I must confess that I happen to LOVE Justin Timberlake's music!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

My dad had a tumour removed last year and the same week he came home my mom fell and broke her ankle.
    Dad's cancer returned so we deal with that and my mom has Parkinsons. We're trying to get them to sell their house and move into some sort of facility but they fight it every step. My mom will just shrug and say well you're the sandwich generation.

Me, too! I fantasize about running away to someplace like Iceland lololol My mom also has Parkinsons :(

Also, my son decided to transfer to a college 3 hours away - and we don't qualify for financial aid. I'm telling ya - Iceland is looking better and better every day!
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    bwahahaha...you lie about your confessions...So does that mean you confess more then you say you do and you lie about the amount of confessions or that the context of said confessions is a lie....this could go in a circle.
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Me, too! I fantasize about running away to someplace like Iceland lololol My mom also has Parkinsons :(

Also, my son decided to transfer to a college 3 hours away - and we don't qualify for financial aid. I'm telling ya - Iceland is looking better and better every day!

OMG I guess your son is getting a job! :)
    it's tough. Let's run away together. I've always wanted to go to Iceland