True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I confess that I'm envious of anyone who has a nice, clean house.. because mine never is! No matter how much effort I put into it, it never stays/looks clean and it makes me feel like a failure.

nah, it's because you live there.... with stuff

Yeah.. and I keep trying to get rid of the stuff and it either comes back.. or gets replaced with other *kitten*!
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm not really an arrogant person (I will consider myself to have a healthy dose of confidence as I'm able to go up to random people; though sometimes I have to muster up the courage if it's an attractive chick, at school, the streets, the gym, etc despite me being an introvert) but if someone is talking sht to me and I know I have some advantage over them, I will use it.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a confession but my 90 year old grandma was out running errands this morning and stopped by my office to say hi, she does this about once a month. Luckily we are slow today so I could sit and talk with her for about a half hour. I love her stories, she has lived an amazing life. Even if she is getting forgetful and told me the same story 4 times today. I just acted like I was hearing it for the first time and to see her smile and giggle every time she told it brought tears to my eyes, thinking some day, she won't be stopping by my office anymore to tell me these life stories. She also told me she has lived a fantastic life full of bad and good things which has made her appreciate her health today. She gets up every morning and enjoys every single day she is given to live out the rest of her fabulous life. Those words spoke to me today. I will never forget today's visit with her.

:'(
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    I confess that I'm not really an arrogant person (I will consider myself to have a healthy dose of confidence as I'm able to go up to random people; though sometimes I have to muster up the courage if it's an attractive chick, at school, the streets, the gym, etc despite me being an introvert) but if someone is talking sht to me and I know I have some advantage over them, I will use it.

What if you don't know you have an advantage over them....will you take sht and do nothing then?

I either just ignore them or just continue to talk sht back regardless. It really depends on my mood.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Meh. Confidence would be not having to even respond.

I agree with this. People can say almost anything they want to me and it rolls off.

I aspire to get to this point someday. I can make it appear that it rolls off outside, but inside.. I'm still rather conflicted about the random things people sling my way.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options

I agree with this. People can say almost anything they want to me and it rolls off.

I aspire to get to this point someday. I can make it appear that it rolls off outside, but inside.. I'm still rather conflicted about the random things people sling my way.

they key is arrogance! I'm so arrogant that only the opinions of people I respect matter. Everyone else's opinion is irrelevant.
  • DasItMan91
    Options

I agree with this. People can say almost anything they want to me and it rolls off. If they say something about someone I care about then I go all Momma Bear and eat them alive. Lol
    Everyone has their limits though and some things are just uncalled for. General crap talking isn't anything to get riled up about though. Much more important things in life

I mean if someone is talking sht, I automatically assume they can take it and so there are times if I'm annoyed, I might just fire back. If I'm in a calm or great mood, however, I do try to ignore people talking sht and I even laugh it off if it's something completely fabricated or doesn't even make sense or it's just my friends teasing me.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

they key is arrogance! I'm so arrogant that only the opinions of people I respect matter. Everyone else's opinion is irrelevant.

Damn, not sure it's something I can work toward, then. I'm not very good at being arrogant.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

It hurts sometimes, don't get me wrong. I just don't lash out often.... now if someone is messing with my loved ones then all bets are off

So it's more about being above the need to make a snide remark back (unless it's about someone else you care about)? Interesting..
  • DasItMan91
    Options

It hurts sometimes, don't get me wrong. I just don't lash out often.... now if someone is messing with my loved ones then all bets are off

That reminds me, I've never seen you (not literally since this is the Internet) in a bad mood, you're always upbeat and full of positively.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

That reminds me, I've never seen you (not literally since this is the Internet) in a bad mood, you're always upbeat and full of positively.

It's a good way to be known. Agree! @lstrat115 is good people.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have been in a really good mood for a couple days now... and I'm happy to be back to feeling like myself. The last 6 weeks or so were rough and it finally feels like the sun is coming out again.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Damn, not sure it's something I can work toward, then. I'm not very good at being arrogant.

Lol I'm only joking. Don't actually be arrogant, no one has the right to look down on people.

People say everyone's opinion is valid, sure it might be but it isn't valued. I don't value the opinion of some fool on the street or in work that calls me a "heartless *kitten*" but if my wife or family did, I'd be hurt.

There are very very few people's opinions that I hold almost as high as my own. Especially when it concerns me or my conduct. The only reason I hold them in such high regard is because they're family, they care about me and I care about them, they're never going to say or do things that are to hurt or harm me and I trust them to be objective and fair. I trust them.

Everyone else has varying degrees of how little I give a *kitten* about their opinion.

they range from "I need to take note here" to not even registering their presence.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i am losing my mind. spent some time searching for a couple threads, but i guess they never really existed.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Words only have power if you give it to them
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    Words only have power if you give it to them

I really want flibbertygibbet to be powerful.

Now it is!