• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I took a nap today & now I can't sleep
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sometimes I have mini existential crises when I think about all the books I want to read, and all the new ones that are constantly being released, and I realize that I'll die before I can read all of them.
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    Sometimes I have mini existential crises when I think about all the books I want to read, and all the new ones that are constantly being released, and I realize that I'll die before I can read all of them.

Here's a mind bender. Now think about all the amazing ones that will never get published because publishers don't think they can make money on them.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Oh my word this. Exactly this you and i have similar parts in our brains
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Here's a mind bender. Now think about all the amazing ones that will never get published because publishers don't think they can make money on them.

Or the ones that won't get written because the author is too busy reading other people's works

Or the ones that don't get finished because the author dies first.

Actually I just wanted to join in.
  • FireTurtle75
    Options

Or the ones that won't get written because the author is too busy reading other people's works

I can't help it. I'm working on it. Sort of. Slowly... Progress is very turtle-like. Leave me alone so i can read. LOL
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

That's like the book titled 'Whistle'. It was James Jones' third book in his trilogy of: From Here To Eternity / The Thin Red Line & Whistle

His third book was finished by another writer with the benefit of Jones' notes.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

That's like the book titled 'Whistle'. It was James Jones' third book in his trilogy of: From Here To Eternity / The Thin Red Line & Whistle

Or this damn riddle that bugs me from time to time and apparently no one knows the real answer to because some jerk wrote it and then went and died:

I'm the loudest of voices in orchestra heard
    But yet in an orchestra never was seen;
    I'm a bird of gay plumage, but less like a bird
    Nothing in Nature ever has been.
    Touching earth I expire, in water I die,
    In earth I lose breath. I can swim, I can fly.
    Darkness destroys me and light is my death;
    I can't keep alive without stopping my breath.
    If my name can't be guessed by a boy or a man,
    By a girl or a woman it certainly can.
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

That happened with one of my favorite authors, Michael Crichton. Micro & Pirate Latitudes were both published posthumously. Pirate Latitudes was complete, but you can tell he still needed to work on it more. Micro needed extensive work to compete as he was only about 1/3 of the way through.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    A Confederacy Of Dunces was written by John Kennedy Toole.

It went unpublished for years. Unable to have the book published, Toole committed suicide.

His mother took the manuscript to a publisher who decided to give it a chance; It was published.

The book won a Pulitzer Prize.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    A Confederacy Of Dunces was written by John Kennedy Toole.

It went unpublished for years. Unable to have the book published, Toole committed suicide.

His mother took the manuscript to a publisher who decided to give it a chance; It was published.

The book won a Pulitzer Prize.

Wow. That's sad.

Darn good book too, Im'a going to read it again soon.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I woke up an hour early this morning to work out, but then I just went back to sleep for an hour.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I woke up an hour early this morning to work out, but then I just went back to sleep for an hour.

Have done this many times!

Completely unrelated thought -- I've really grown to like Prince in the last few months. Wish I would have seen him all those years ago.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I really miss @_dixiana_ but I don't know if she deactivated or just blocked me :'(
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am running on for less sleep that i would like to be, with no hope of catching up :*
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    The selfie thread is making me wish I had long stripper legs.

Me too

.......OH you meant like attached to your body! :lol: