True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I confess microwave popcorn is never as good as I imagine it will be. It leaves me with thirsty, salty regret every time.

is it Friday night already?

Crappy food choices aren't limited to Fridays at my crib.
  • Creep7796
    Creep7796 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Is getting a divorce .... And can't wait to start dating

It's not as fun as you'd think. There's a lot of broken people out there. :confused:

It's an emotional rollercoaster. Take it one day at a time. Check things off your bucket list, travel, try new things, but most of all enjoy figuring out who you are as a person.

I've been married 7 years and unhappy for the last 5 ... I hear ya on the broken people .... My husband at one time told me he wasn't sleeping with me because of my weight. That was huge for me. I have anxiety now over and think everyone is judging me over it.
  • Creep7796
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

It's not as fun as you'd think. There's a lot of broken people out there. :confused:

I was going to say the same, but figured, meh, they all figure that out on their own eventually. It all sounds so fun and exciting to married people. The single life is just all fun and laughs and kittens and rainbows and tons of sex. Well, it would be if you want to be a skank hoe maybe. lol

I don't want that at all (being a skank hoe) .... But I was single and raised my son by myself for the first 7 years of his life. I'm not opposed to being alone. Doesn't bother me. But, there's no love nor affection in my marriage and it's very lonely.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

I've been married 7 years and unhappy for the last 5 ... I hear ya on the broken people .... My husband at one time told me he wasn't sleeping with me because of my weight. That was huge for me. I have anxiety now over and think everyone is judging me over it.

You cant change him, but you can change the way you look at yourself. Self acceptance is
    something that takes time. Don't compare yourself to others, only compare yourself to the person you were yesterday. Strangers (including myself) often look at others out of curiosity more than judgment.
  • Creep7796
    Options

You cant change him, but you can change the way you look at yourself. Self acceptance is
    something that takes time. Don't compare yourself to others, only compare yourself to the person you were yesterday. Strangers (including myself) often look at others out of curiosity more than judgment.

Oh it's super hard to not compare myself .....
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Oh.... it's fun
  • Creep7796
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »

Comparison is the thief of joy. I have to tell myself this a lot.

That's a good way to look at it.
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

Oh.... it's fun

It can be fun..but it can also be frusterating and disappointing ...people not honest about intentions or who they are...be careful
  • Creep7796
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

I was going to say the same, but figured, meh, they all figure that out on their own eventually. It all sounds so fun and exciting to married people. The single life is just all fun and laughs and kittens and rainbows and tons of sex. Well, it would be if you want to be a skank hoe maybe. lol

I don't want that at all (being a skank hoe) .... But I was single and raised my son by myself for the first 7 years of his life. I'm not opposed to being alone. Doesn't bother me. But, there's no love nor affection in my marriage and it's very lonely.

Sometimes being married is as lonely or lonelier than being single. Good luck with your new beginning!

Id say it's lonelier to have someone live with you and never hug or hold each other or..... Or .... Or .... So ya. Thank you for the well wishes.
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Oh.... it's fun

It can be fun..but it can also be frusterating and disappointing ...people not honest about intentions or who they are...be careful

Yes ma'am
  • Creep7796
    Options

It's hard, especially when people have been telling us to compare ourselves most of our lives, usually to something perceived negative so that we are somehow miraculously enlightened and we feel better about ourselves.... as a way to count our blessings, I suppose. But then we take it and use it as a way that is no longer constructive and we tear ourselves up over how we aren't what we are "supposed" to be. Don't let these thoughts convince you that you're not enough.

Not sure why that made me cry.... But not being enough is EXACTLY how I feel.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Tonight is a stupid rough night :#
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options

It's hard, especially when people have been telling us to compare ourselves most of our lives, usually to something perceived negative so that we are somehow miraculously enlightened and we feel better about ourselves.... as a way to count our blessings, I suppose. But then we take it and use it as a way that is no longer constructive and we tear ourselves up over how we aren't what we are "supposed" to be. Don't let these thoughts convince you that you're not enough.

Not sure why that made me cry.... But not being enough is EXACTLY how I feel.

I was married 15 years and was made to feel this way also.
    You are enough. It may take a long time for you to believe it, but you will.