True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »

I've been married 7 years and unhappy for the last 5 ... I hear ya on the broken people .... My husband at one time told me he wasn't sleeping with me because of my weight. That was huge for me. I have anxiety now over and think everyone is judging me over it.

You cant change him, but you can change the way you look at yourself. Self acceptance is
    something that takes time. Don't compare yourself to others, only compare yourself to the person you were yesterday. Strangers (including myself) often look at others out of curiosity more than judgment.

Oh it's super hard to not compare myself .....

Comparison is the thief of joy. I have to tell myself this a lot.

That's a good way to look at it.

It's hard, especially when people have been telling us to compare ourselves most of our lives, usually to something perceived negative so that we are somehow miraculously enlightened and we feel better about ourselves.... as a way to count our blessings, I suppose. But then we take it and use it as a way that is no longer constructive and we tear ourselves up over how we aren't what we are "supposed" to be. Don't let these thoughts convince you that you're not enough.

Not sure why that made me cry.... But not being enough is EXACTLY how I feel.

Thats how my ex made me feel for 18 yrs ...its hard to over come
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

I've been married 7 years and unhappy for the last 5 ... I hear ya on the broken people .... My husband at one time told me he wasn't sleeping with me because of my weight. That was huge for me. I have anxiety now over and think everyone is judging me over it.

You cant change him, but you can change the way you look at yourself. Self acceptance is
    something that takes time. Don't compare yourself to others, only compare yourself to the person you were yesterday. Strangers (including myself) often look at others out of curiosity more than judgment.

It's hard, especially when people have been telling us to compare ourselves most of our lives, usually to something perceived negative so that we are somehow miraculously enlightened and we feel better about ourselves.... as a way to count our blessings, I suppose. But then we take it and use it as a way that is no longer constructive and we tear ourselves up over how we aren't what we are "supposed" to be. Don't let these thoughts convince you that you're not enough.

I was married 15 years and was made to feel this way also.
    You are enough. It may take a long time for you to believe it, but you will.

Lol we need a group for this apparently
  • Creep7796
    Creep7796 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I was married 15 years and was made to feel this way also.
    You are enough. It may take a long time for you to believe it, but you will.

Lol we need a group for this apparently

Apparently lol
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Enjoyed an afternoon of Lazer tag with my boy...
    Lead that damn team to victory!
    Kids didn't know who they messing with lol!
    #ImYoLeader #stillgotit
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm in a bad *kitten* mood today. I feel for anyone who has the balls to do some dumb *kitten* today.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Is getting a divorce .... And can't wait to start dating

It's not as fun as you'd think. There's a lot of broken people out there. :confused:

Oh.... it's fun

It is fun if all you want are games and hook ups. If you want real..... Not fun at all cause it doesn't exist anymore.

It's all subjective I say. What do you consider real? I have been single for 15 yrs and I have enjoyed it immensely. I have focused on myself and have accomplished much because of it. I have also dated and gone long periods without a date and have been fine either way. I'm a grown up.....and I know who I am.....if I find someone attractive and exciting and get the urge to sleep with them, so be it, even if they aren't going to be a long term relationship. It doesn't make you a hoe or skank to enjoy what adults can enjoy. I do not believe you must love someone to enjoy being together physically, however you do need to be in the right mindset so you don't get goofy with it. All that being said, finding a real relationship is great too....my point is if you are going to put labels on adult behavior done responsibly, then you may find single life, dating life hard.....

^^^ this right here.... well said!! It is becoming more acceptable for women to live this way too. It was a major double standard years ago. Now, women are able to express their sexual preferences and wants without being labeled a *kitten*.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I confess I am outie, byeeeeeeee
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options

8g90mcz0cjy7.gif
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I'm really bad about telling myself that I *should* feel this way, or I *should* do that. I just saw an REI ad in a magazine with a lot of the *should* statements I run through my brain, but the should part was redlined in each. I'll be tearing that page out and putting it somewhere that I'll look at every day as a reminder.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

Why?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Youll be missed ☺
  • megansims1
    megansims1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I confess.. I had McDonalds for dinner. Medium size - cause I'm on diet :neutral:
  • Creep7796
    Creep7796 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »

I'm really bad about telling myself that I *should* feel this way, or I *should* do that. I just saw an REI ad in a magazine with a lot of the *should* statements I run through my brain, but the should part was redlined in each. I'll be tearing that page out and putting it somewhere that I'll look at every day as a reminder.

Can you give some examples.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »

Can you give some examples.

Things like "I should feel strong" or "I should appreciate my body's abilities". It takes things from a passive statement to an affirmative statement.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

What??? I hope you're not serious. I mean, I hope you're not leaving the board. I saw your previous confession about it being a rough night so I hope you're ok. Personally, I enjoy both your posts and your selfies. We need your type of humor around here!