Options

Replies

• Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess I feel as if my life is spiraling out of control and with that I'm gaining weight like a blob. I need to do better.

Tomorrow is a new day. :)

I confess that someday I hope to look forward to tomorrow.

A favorite quote of mine...

"Everything will be okay, when you're okay with everything"

Feeling pretty down tonight.
    I like that quote, thanks for sharing.
  • Losing2Live2017
    Losing2Live2017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I confess I let my weight hold me back
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    I confess I feel as if my life is spiraling out of control and with that I'm gaining weight like a blob. I need to do better.

Tomorrow is a new day. :)

I confess that someday I hope to look forward to tomorrow.

A favorite quote of mine...

"Everything will be okay, when you're okay with everything"

I love that, J!!

Hey, she made it!
    Welcome to sunny California and congrats!
    I just got back from so cal a few hours ago... We might've passed each other on the interstate lol...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Been watching HP with my boy, little Brat tried to curse me with the wand I bought him... Lol

He straight up pointed it at me and said "Make Daddy Heavy!" lol :angry:
  • Lyric_Momma
    Lyric_Momma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I confess that even though I am unhappy about my weight, it is not the reason I am unhappy.

Although working out and taking better care of myself is definitely helping. Mental health >weight loss.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I am very disappointed in myself.
  • Lyric_Momma
    Lyric_Momma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I confess that even though I am unhappy about my weight, it is not the reason I am unhappy.

Although working out and taking better care of myself is definitely helping. Mental health >weight loss.

I almost bought a shirt yesterday that says "Working out is cheaper than therapy".

I would love that. Psychology Grad student here! 3 classes left! :)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I confess that I know I need to do better, but I seem to be letting depression and anxiety hold me back.

Then again, there's only part of me that wants to better myself for me. Most of me is consumed about bettering myself out of spite toward another person.

I should love me for me, but I find that a daily struggle. Who would love a person who hates herself after all?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    I confess that I know I need to do better, but I seem to be letting depression and anxiety hold me back.

Then again, there's only part of me that wants to better myself for me. Most of me is consumed about bettering myself out of spite toward another person.

I should love me for me, but I find that a daily struggle. Who would love a person who hates herself after all?

If we are talking about weight-loss...

There's only one thing that separates you from those who have lost a lot of weight and accomplished what you want to accomplish...

And guess what, it's not will, nor strength, nor motivation or even discipline... It's not any character flaw, or lack of virtue.

The one thing that separates you from your goals is... Momentum!

You can make peace with yourself knowing that it's not you.. It's simply that you lack momentum...

Take it one step at a time, momentum has to be built up gradually, if you try to go full speed ahead all at once, it will seem to heavy and your likely to tire and lose momentum...

I've been on both sides of the game... I have no more virtue now than when I started, but on the bike right now on sheer momentum... Not going to be high on myself and think it's because of any extra virtue.

Best wishes!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

If we are talking about weight-loss...

There's only one thing that separates you from those who have lost a lot of weight and accomplished what you want to accomplish...

And guess what, it's not will, nor strength, nor motivation or even discipline... It's not any character flaw, or lack of virtue.

The one thing that separates you from your goals is... Momentum!

You can make peace with yourself knowing that it's not you.. It's simply that you lack momentum...

Take it one step at a time, momentum has to be built up gradually, if you try to go full speed ahead all at once, it will seem to heavy and your likely to tire and lose momentum...

I've been on both sides of the game... I have no more virtue now than when I started, but on the bike right now on sheer momentum... Not going to be high on myself and think it's because of any extra virtue.

Best wishes!

It's not just in relation to weight/health, but that's one factor. Thanks for the encouragement. One day at a time, right?
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options

After a particularly difficult break up... I decided that my mantra would be "Living well is the best revenge " ... I worked hard on establishing a career, starting a family, then looked in the mirror one day and was flabbergasted at what living well had done to me physically... now I hit the gym... and living well has a completely different meaning...

You are aware of what you should be doing... so... take the steps... and have a chat every morning with the person in the mirror. Convince that person that today will be the best day ever then do what needs to be done to make that happen. No excuse is good enough to prevent you from making that effort

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I really don't talk to too many people any more. It bothers me a little, because I feel like I am being distant from others, but they have been busy too. I confess, I just don't like feeling obligated to call people. It would be nice if they checked up on me as well. It just seems one sided sometimes.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I really don't talk to too many people any more. It bothers me a little, because I feel like I am being distant from others, but they have been busy too. I confess, I just don't like feeling obligated to call people. It would be nice if they checked up on me as well. It just seems one sided sometimes.

I know how you feel. I have had people tell me they want me to reach out to them more and when I do try, either they ignore my text or when they do feel like replying it's a very short conversation. Either match my efforts or you won't hear from me. It's that simple.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I confess that the people you thought you were closest to can really make you feel like *kitten* and it makes me want to completely close myself off from practically everyone
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

I know how you feel. I have had people tell me they want me to reach out to them more and when I do try, either they ignore my text or when they do feel like replying it's a very short conversation. Either match my efforts or you won't hear from me. It's that simple.

Agreed, but this is also why I have way fewer friends than I used to.. and yeah, it gets lonely after awhile. But honestly, why put in effort for people who aren't doing the same?
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    i think anna kendrick is very overrated

O no U dint

no seriously i don't get it at all i think she looks like a sock full of gummy bears

I do love the Pitch Perfect movies though.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I've let a lot of friends drop out of life due to this. Not really out of spite, I just decided to see if they'd bother initiating conversation with me for once. Been years since I've heard from some of them that at one time I'd considered good friends.