Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Is it time to gif it up yet?
  • jms5137
    jms5137 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's more worrying; that this is at 5 pages or that I read every single response. Wild Friday night in this household.........

Lol, same here. Somehow I found it to be pretty entertaining

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

Yes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've been walking over 10 miles on most days for months. I have noticed zero definition in my legs :disappointed:

@christinev297 I can't understand how you can't see definition in your legs from walking, since I began walking regularly 3 yrs ago within 3 months my leg were lean and muscly... and since I began running, even more so :smile:

@RunRutheeRun It could be because I only walk on flat surfaces. Did you do lots of hill walks?

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Perhaps if you were carrying a backpack filled with 100 pounds of wet concrete and walked really fast, uphill, in the snow for 8 miles. Otherwise, no.

Why does it have to be wet concrete?

Duh...everyone knows wet concrete is anabolic

Do you even concrete walk, bro?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    kkenseth wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Definitely strength training. Don't listen to these chumps.

I said no, but I'm conflicted. I completely disagree that she's building muscle, but gaining strength? Probably.

Massive muscles. Gonna get bulky

Not if you take a lot of little steps. That will get you toned.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Since you asked,

reverse-1320171434_walking_cat.gif

Now that is cute....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Walking like this is building all the muscle:

050wus13hdlh.gif
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

Since you asked,

Wow! That's a big cat. Or a small person.
  • SLLRunner
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    The runners are usually very lean. Serious runners, anyway.

This is not true. I know serious runners who are not "very lean", and even who are overweight. I know, I was one of them (overweight and a serious runner). ;)
    How fat do you think most serious runners are? Like overweight or obese?

In your experience.

The argument here was that poster said "all walkers and endurance runners are lean."

I'd agree that MANY are. But not all. Walking and running don't make you lean and there are plenty of people who are overweight and achieve great runs while still overeating and carrying extra weight.

No, I said that serious runners are usually very lean. That poster has disagreed because in his experience, serious runners are usually not very lean.

I have no intention of arguing with either answer. I'm just interested about his experience with these non-lean, but serious runners.

We all have different experiences.

Like you, my experience has been that when a person is a serious runner, they'll almost always have a very lean body.

Um....I'm a she. ;)

No, I disgreed because serious runners are not always lean, they can be of normal weight and overweight, and I've seen some I would consider obese. I don't think weight has anything to do with seriousness/committment to running. I'd say when you're committed to running you are serious about it.

You are projecting your own stuff and making a sweepoing generalization obout certain runners.

Now, let me ask you- why do you believe that only serious runner are lean (or only lean runners are serious)?
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

050wus13hdlh.gif

wtf, HAHAHAAHA
  • Kimegatron
    Options

This is not true. I know serious runners who are not "very lean", and even who are overweight. I know, I was one of them (overweight and a serious runner). ;)

In your experience.

The argument here was that poster said "all walkers and endurance runners are lean."

I'd agree that MANY are. But not all. Walking and running don't make you lean and there are plenty of people who are overweight and achieve great runs while still overeating and carrying extra weight.

No, I said that serious runners are usually very lean. That poster has disagreed because in his experience, serious runners are usually not very lean.

I have no intention of arguing with either answer. I'm just interested about his experience with these non-lean, but serious runners.

Like you, my experience has been that when a person is a serious runner, they'll almost always have a very lean body.

Um....I'm a she. ;)

No, I disgreed because serious runners are not always lean, they can be of normal weight and overweight, and I've seen some I would consider obese. I don't think weight has anything to do with seriousness/committment to running. I'd say when you're committed to running you are serious about it.

You are projecting your own stuff and making a sweepoing generalization obout certain runners.

Now, let me ask you- why do you believe that only serious runner are lean (or only lean runners are serious)?

Nothing to do with what you wrote but... Is that a "Target" ball in your photo?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »

In your experience.

Um....I'm a she. ;)

Yes! For some silly reason I thought I could push it.....it just won't budge. :D
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Love cute cats on the net. Cats don't bulk up they Hair up. Fluff that tail and growl when you walk, no need to strength train.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Love cute cats on the net. Cats don't bulk up they Hair up. Fluff that tail and growl when you walk, no need to strength train.

LOL. I can see you are a cat lover as well.
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »

In your experience.

Um....I'm a she. ;)

Yes! For some silly reason I thought I could push it.....it just won't budge. :D

My kid tries to push them. "Go ball, GOOOO". I don't know why, but I love those Target balls.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Haha so true! And when they do that awkward side gait, it does remind me of some body builders :open_mouth:

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Since you asked,

Wow! That's a big cat. Or a small person.

My boy cat is enormous, bigger than that cat, fully stretched he comes way past my upper hip. So I weight lift with him to get supah bulky.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

050wus13hdlh.gif
    I snorted :lol: