Which Womens Motorcycle Suit (choose which one)

Options

Replies

• henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    #1 looks better and more streamlined. Will catch less wind on the bike.. seems to me the other one is less tight and would "flap" and make noise while riding.
    Same make, only a bigger size. Unfortunately I'll probably end up with the flapper because I have such a small upper body and a huge *kitten*.

According to the picture you provided, you do NOT have a huge *kitten*, you have a tight and sexy one! Flaunt it, girl! And enjoy the ride! (I gave it up after moving to Canada, did not want to take the exam again).
  • brboydjr
    brboydjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like the one on the far right. Black jeans/ black Leather Jacket. Still provides protection from road rash yet comfy enough to stop somewhere and eat.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I vote #2. I actually like #1 the best, but I'm pretty sure the OP wants to get #2, and I don't know about y'all, but I'm here to give support. I support the OP's decision to buy outfit #2.

Are we not all here for the same things?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    The Dainese one pieces should only be for track days. Dainese AFAIK doesn't make too many suits in green, the only ones that make Kawasaki-compatible colors are Alpinestars and a few cheapo brands. Alpinestars does make great stuff though. That being said, for sheer quality you can't beat Dainese or RS Taichi.

You need to tell us a bit more though about the features that matter to you. This for track days or just canyon runs? How important is perforation/ventilation?

Also, there's nothing weird about the crotch of your pants. That's called motion panels, folks. Icon Hooligan 2 cargos?

Sorry I'm a bit of a riding gear hound.

BTW, One piece or two piece?
    Neither are 1 piece. There are 0 womens any pieces in green, only men which are much to wide for me. Alpinestars do not make anything in womens leather in green. I don't think RS Tachi makes womens suits?

Alright if you are a riding gear hound you're perfect, riddle me this:
    I want a 2 piece. I went down, I was not zipped together, I turned my pants into chaps and my leather jacket inside out (and added some speed holes to it).
    I tend to do highway runs...That are faster then highway runs.
    I would love ventilation, unfortunately, womens gear that zip together does not have it.
    This is for everything runs. I almost lost my *kitten*, not doing that again. I don't care how uncomfortable I am, I'm wearing full leathers.
    I'm also 5'8 with a 25 inch waist....cannot find gear that would fit me properly...the dainese gear is the tallest I could find and it's made for like 5'3.
    I freakin' hate icon. I own a small icon jacket and tried icon pants. They're all huge. I can zip it up and haul it over my head. I have no upper body. Same with Joe rocket, the smalls tend to be rather big. Scorpion on the other hand runs perfect....but the savannah pants are the things that didn't hold up at all and I ended up slicing through my *kitten* on the highway.

Edit: Need something for track. Family offered to buy me the suit. I'm poor but every now and then my bf takes me on trips and if it's anywhere near a track I'll be scrounging every penny to get on it so I need something with a 360 zip...not to mention even my small scorpion jacket that is a lot slimmer fit then the rest came up and turned inside out when I went down..
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    I like #1 better. I like the detailing.

Ride on!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    #1 looks better and more streamlined. Will catch less wind on the bike.. seems to me the other one is less tight and would "flap" and make noise while riding.
    Same make, only a bigger size. Unfortunately I'll probably end up with the flapper because I have such a small upper body and a huge *kitten*.

According to the picture you provided, you do NOT have a huge *kitten*, you have a tight and sexy one! Flaunt it, girl! And enjoy the ride! (I gave it up after moving to Canada, did not want to take the exam again).
    It's 13 inches wider then my waist...its a problem for clothes sizing.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The Dainese one pieces should only be for track days. Dainese AFAIK doesn't make too many suits in green, the only ones that make Kawasaki-compatible colors are Alpinestars and a few cheapo brands. Alpinestars does make great stuff though. That being said, for sheer quality you can't beat Dainese or RS Taichi.

You need to tell us a bit more though about the features that matter to you. This for track days or just canyon runs? How important is perforation/ventilation?

Also, there's nothing weird about the crotch of your pants. That's called motion panels, folks. Icon Hooligan 2 cargos?

Neither are 1 piece. There are 0 womens any pieces in green, only men which are much to wide for me. Alpinestars do not make anything in womens leather in green. I don't think RS Tachi makes womens suits?

I want a 2 piece. I went down, I was not zipped together, I turned my pants into chaps and my leather jacket inside out (and added some speed holes to it).
    I would love ventilation, unfortunately, womens gear that zip together does not have it.
    This is for everything runs. I almost lost my *kitten*, not doing that again. I don't care how uncomfortable I am, I'm wearing full leathers.
    I'm also 5'8 with a 25 inch waist....cannot find gear that would fit me properly...the dainese gear is the tallest I could find and it's made for like 5'3.
    I freakin' hate icon. I own a small icon jacket and tried icon pants. They're all huge. I can zip it up and haul it over my head. I have no upper body. Same with Joe rocket, the smalls tend to be rather big. Scorpion on the other hand runs perfect....but the savannah pants are the things that didn't hold up at all and I ended up slicing through my *kitten* on the highway.

Edit: Need something for track. Family offered to buy me the suit. I'm poor but every now and then my bf takes me on trips and if it's anywhere near a track I'll be scrounging every penny to get on it so I need something with a 360 zip...not to mention even my small scorpion jacket that is a lot slimmer fit then the rest came up and turned inside out when I went down..

Budget?
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I vote #2. I actually like #1 the best, but I'm pretty sure the OP wants to get #2, and I don't know about y'all, but I'm here to give support. I support the OP's decision to buy outfit #2.

Are we not all here for the same things?
    ROFL. I will always choose the opposing side. If everyone was voting for 2 I'd be asking what everyone had against the race hump and extra stretch panels for flexibility :p

Edit: I was waiting for someone to bring that up lol.
  • CoderGal
    Options

Budget?
    Throw anything out at me except a custom. I may be able to find it second hand. I also like the spidi poison suit if that's where you're about to go but it's in the 1500 dollar range. But I'd like to hear anything thats out there that I dont know about.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Buying motorcycle gear is now my reward for hitting my goal weight and staying there. I like #1 but mabye it's just how it fits the model.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Buying motorcycle gear is now my reward for hitting my goal weight and staying there. I like #1 but mabye it's just how it fits the model.
    Yeah that's what I'm afraid of which is why I tried to add several pics. Also, it's not going to be nice and shiny in perfect lighting when I get it.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The single RED one... it provides the best protection.. AND LOOKS COOL!!!! But buy the one that matches your bike in that style
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    love the first one
  • k1200s
    k1200s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Both look like they would be hot and sweaty.
    I prefer the vented and armored removable with a removable waterproof/resistant liner.
    Did you check out the videos on http://www.revzilla.com/
    Don't know how prices will compare to what you have seen already.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I think you'll have the best luck looking for individual suits + pants that zip together to form a two piece. Check these A* pants:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=11724

Now, let's look at women's A* jackets.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=11734

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7425

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7424

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=11723

Wow, women's gear doesn't really like to make a lot of concessions for venting, does it?

A-HA! Now we're starting to see some sexy. Check out some nice REV'IT stuff:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-womens-galactic-jacket

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-womens-raven-pants

BTW check out what my weight loss reward was =D

2013-02-05_19-38-38_506_zps958b5d43.jpg
  • CoderGal
    Options
    The single RED one... it provides the best protection.. AND LOOKS COOL!!!! But buy the one that matches your bike in that style
    Unfortunately I'm a girl and do not have that luxury. No distributor makes womens green leathers.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I prefer the vented and armored removable with a removable waterproof/resistant liner.
    I pretty much watched every video on revzilla lol. That's where I found my textiles. There's no leather armor waterproof liner suits for women. There's not even a water proof leather pant period.

In other news to gripe about...#1 is the only womens D-skin leather I've found period. They no longer put d-skin on their womens suits. It's available on one paiir of SF pants that are discontinued.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I pretty much watched every video on revzilla lol. That's where I found my textiles. There's no leather armor waterproof liner suits for women. There's not even a water proof leather pant period.

In other news to gripe about...#1 is the only womens D-skin leather I've found period. They no longer put d-skin on their womens suits. It's available on one paiir of SF pants that are discontinued.

The D-Skin is no big deal. They don't put it on the custom suits they make for racers because it's just a prestige feature.
  • du4u02
    du4u02 Posts: 42
    Options
    I like what you're wearing in your pictures better than either of the two you're wanting. Those ladies look like storm troopers or something to me.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    If I was making that kind of investment, I'd order both and send back the one I liked least. I do that all the time, even with cheap stuff.