Best SHOES To Wear To Get Fit

Options

Replies

• eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    My first trainer recommended Asics or Nike Dual Fusion. For me, the Asics were too cost prohibitive (upwards of $120), so I went with the Nikes - still not cheap, but I love them and they're worth every single penny!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Go get fitted no one's got your feet- only you do so suggestions are limited and only but so helpful. I have New Balance Minimus and love them. YMMV But keep in mind you might need to go a half size larger if you're planning to do a lot of cardio.

Secondly- something to think of- my feet ALWAYS hurt on the elliptical- there is no give and take- it's all push push push- so your feet never get a break.

something to consider.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I really like aisics but lately I've been trying out Brooks. I had Brooks Ravenna and now I just got some Brooks Ghost and I LOVE them, homg. I've been running farther every day since I've gotten them and no knee or foot pain at all! I went to a running store and had the guy help me out, I definitely recommend doing that.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    mcarr609 wrote: »
    Personally I would go to a professional store to get sized up and see what brand & price best suits. Most of the store's employees are trained up and have a machine to get the full dimension of your foot to get the best fit. In Australia we have the store called the Athletes Foot Then I would check out the price on Amazon or similar online store to see if you can save some dosh. Goodluck :smiley:

Yeah, but if you honestly like the shoes that the employee helped you find, you should buy from them. They took their time to help you, you should return the favor. But if you like those shoes, by all means buy the replacement pair later on from a cheaper venue!
  • mcarr609
    mcarr609 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Personally I would go to a professional store to get sized up and see what brand & price best suits. Most of the store's employees are trained up and have a machine to get the full dimension of your foot to get the best fit. In Australia we have the store called the Athletes Foot Then I would check out the price on Amazon or similar online store to see if you can save some dosh. Goodluck :smiley:

Yeah, but if you honestly like the shoes that the employee helped you find, you should buy from them. They took their time to help you, you should return the favor. But if you like those shoes, by all means buy the replacement pair later on from a cheaper venue!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    What's the best brand to buy I want something comfortable where my feet don't hurt afterwards i'm just going to be doing cardio elliptical treadmill I know there has to be shoes made just for working out

If you're like me, you're going to have to try on a whole bunch of different shoes from reputable sporting goods/running stores ... and have a good talk with the sales people about exactly what you want.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

um no.
    it's business- not favors. if we are talking 2-3 bucks different- sure I'll buy in store- but odds are I can find a better deal by 10-15$ thank you very much- have a nice day I'll shop on line.

• MonkeyMel21
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

um no.
    it's business- not favors. if we are talking 2-3 bucks different- sure I'll buy in store- but odds are I can find a better deal by 10-15$ thank you very much- have a nice day I'll shop on line.

H'ok.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Asics are amazing if you have bad feet to begin with, they are very cushy. (I was a waitress/bartender for a long time and my feet are worn out, for example.) Go to a running store and get your feet measured - there's so much that goes into finding a pair that won't cause you pain in the future, you need a professional. They cost the same as if you went to a Sport Authority, plus you are helping small businesses in your community. They can tell you which shoes are the best for YOU.

This. Get professionally fitted. You won't be sorry, and you won't waste money on shoes that make your feet/knees hurt.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

um no.

H'ok.

Well, if you don't buy from the stores that do the fitting and they go out of business, where will you get fitted in the future?
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have chronic planter fasciiitis and nerve damage. My physical therapist told me to wear NEW BALANCES with black soles. They are stiff enough to support your feet. He proved this to me by twisting my current sneakers into a pretzel. Although I don't run, I wear running shoes because I feel that they support my feet. Take good care of your feet. I tried Rebocks but they hurt so much I got my money back from the store.

You can favor most any other body part, but its difficult to get to the toilet, kitchen, care for yourself and get to work if you feet are messed up. As a public transport commuter I stretch my feet 3 times a day while waiting for my trains. On the weekends I don't think to do this, and boy does it make a difference in pain levels. Also, I keep Pepsi bottles of water frozen in the freezer and ice my feet while watching TV so the tendons shrink down and don't hurt so much. I put the bottles IN my Crocs so they don't roll away and to facilitate the icing.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »

um no.

H'ok.

Well, if you don't buy from the stores that do the fitting and they go out of business, where will you get fitted in the future?

Exactly.
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    ENSURE that you aren't messing your feet up with crap shoes that contort them into torturous positions. You want to be able to walk on them for 90 years!
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    If a store fits and shoes me shoes for sale, I purchase them there, or pay for that service. I buy special $150 shoes because of my foot injuries. My 1" dress shoes are more comfortable than my oxfords, so they are worth it.
  • mcarr609
    mcarr609 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Obviously if you go with Monkey's idea and if you really like a pair I would see if the store match prices with other stores around the block. These days they should match prices.

Most of these shoes are manufactured in China with cheap labor and their markups are ridiculous percentages from the retailer to the consumer.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I like saucony, they are a little wider than the asics. otherwise, asics felt good.

for bumming around and nonrunning activities, I love sketchers.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I prefer Asics for dance and Nike Crosstrainers for everything else.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    My first trainer recommended Asics or Nike Dual Fusion. For me, the Asics were too cost prohibitive (upwards of $120), so I went with the Nikes - still not cheap, but I love them and they're worth every single penny!

The Asics I just ordered were $60 and $75 on Zappos. They are a bit less on Amazon, but I like Zappos return policies better.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Or you could ask if they price match. Walmart and other stores do this on request.

• NyalD
    NyalD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love shoe threads. I do everything barefoot. That way I know my shoes fit!