Dealing with sabatozors

Options
Curious to know if any of you have diet sabatozors in your life and how do you handle it? I Have too many in my life and I find it difficult at times. :|

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Can you elaborate please?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Are they sneaking lard into your dinners?
  • faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am responsible for my health. Other people don't affect my plan. Stick to your plan and ignore the haters. I'm assuming you are talking about people undermining your progress, yes?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no, I don't have those. No one can tempt me off course except me.

Make it clear to those around you that this is your lifestyle choice, and they should back off.

Cheers, h
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Do they make you cook your food in a ridiculously small kitchen like this? Because that would be a sabotage by a truly devious saboteur.

i2p98cttx7gs.jpg
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Curious to know if any of you have diet sabatozors in your life and how do you handle it? I Have too many in my life and I find it difficult at times. :|
    No, but I had to break ties with former "friends" who did not share my values when it came to health, wellness and fitness.
    All we ever did when together was eat and drink, so the common interest was gone.
    I made new friends on the same page, and all is well.
    At day's end, nobody can sabotage you without your full co-operation.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    You say nooo so many times that eventually they get tired of asking
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Do you mean people who throw you down and tie you up and shove 32 ozs. of peanut butter down your throat, or people who say, "Would you like a cookie?" How about people who bring donuts to work as opposed to people who take your car keys away so that you can't drive to the gym and then tie you up so that you can't even take a walk? What kind of sabotage are you experiencing?
  • lauralash1024
    lauralash1024 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mother in law moved in with us and continuously brings in junk food and cooks high fat meals. I have continuously told her that we try to live healthy but she could continues to ignore my wishes. I keep plugging along, make my own meals, but I will say thr... Sorry guess I'm just venting.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    "sabatozor"....?

Is that like a kind of bulldozer?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    People who care about me would never sabotage my commitment to my health. They wouldn't be in my inner circle otherwise.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Mother in law moved in with us and continuously brings in junk food and cooks high fat meals. I have continuously told her that we try to live healthy but she could continues to ignore my wishes. I keep plugging along, make my own meals, but I will say thr... Sorry guess I'm just venting.

That's irritating, but not sabotage. She's just refusing to change. All you can really do is keep making your own food, and ignoring what she brings in. If she uses food you have bought and then cooks things you don't want with it, tell her that's not acceptable and that if she wants to cook those things, she has to buy her own groceries.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options

If nobody eats the junk food or fat-laden food she is cooking, she will tire of it soon enough. She will probablyu complain loudly that she isn't appreciated. Give her a cookbook with healthy foods. You can turn this around in a positive manner.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    "sabatozor"....?

I've decided I prefer it
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Personally I like the one where I was taken out for a birthday dinner on Monday night. I wouldn't allow myself to leave until I had ate the gooey chocolate cake and finished the bottle of wine. Delayed departure for an hour, but hey, it was my BD.
    Self sabotazo can be wonderful, and guilt free.

Cheers, h.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Give mama a place in the pantry to keep her snacks, tell her that's her spot for her food. You don't touch it. Just because you're on a particular plan doesn't mean she has to be, too.

As for her cooking, you can either eat a small portion of hers or cook your own. Explain to her you are eating in a particular way for your personal health goals, and her style of cooking is too high calorie for your needs. Why does it have to be hard or dramatic?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    She is not forcing you to eat it...

She is a grown woman and allowed to bring in her own food/eat what she likes.
  • lauralash1024
    lauralash1024 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ^ she has her own apartment, kitchen etc... Believe me it's done purposely. I have asked her to stop not even due to my dieting, but so my kids wouldn't eat the garbage. Still doesn't get it.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    ^ she has her own apartment, kitchen etc... Believe me it's done purposely.

So don't eat it.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    My grandma used to flat out deliberately bake goodies for my brother and dad any time she got a whisper that my mum and I were trying to lose weight. I just had to decide what I wanted more.