• noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Staple: 2 hard boiled eggs and black coffee
    Flex: oatmeal, greek yogurt, bacon, or fruit
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I bake crust less quiche or "frittatas" for 130-150 calories per 1/4. Just heat up a quarter every morning
    Recent ones are cabbage/bacon and BLT
    k9vteovt5xfv.jpg

Would you mind sharing the recipes for these? I've been making my crustless spinach quiche with either ham or turkey sausage and fat free cheese and I would like to mix it up a bit.
    Thank you!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Nothing. But if I did, it would probably be eggs or yoghurt.
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    During the week I have pretty much the same thing every day:

*An individual Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt
    *1 serving of either Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets cereal with fresh fruit, or oatmeal with cinnamon and either fresh fruit, or thawed frozen fruit.
    *And my breakfast smoothie: 1 banana, 1 cup kale or spinach, 1 cup unsweetened coconut or hemp milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 scoop pea protein powder, 2 tbsp PB2, 1 tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa powder

On the weekend, pretty much whatever I feel like.

Oh yeah and I always have a multivitamin and a flaxseed oil tablet.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I eat basically the same thing everyday during the work week. Breakfast at 6:30am

3 egg whites scrambled with 1oz. swiss cheese, 2 cups spinach, 8 cheery tomatoes (halved)
    1 cup hazelnut coffee with 2T hazelnut creamer
    2 pieces of flax seed whole grain toast
    1c. watermelon

This comes to about 350 calories and approx 25g protein, 38g carbs (23g sugar), 10g fat
    Keeps me feeling full until about 11am, when I eat a cheese stick, then lunch at 12:30pm
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I bake crust less quiche or "frittatas" for 130-150 calories per 1/4. Just heat up a quarter every morning
    Recent ones are cabbage/bacon and BLT
    k9vteovt5xfv.jpg

Would you mind sharing the recipes for these? I've been making my crustless spinach quiche with either ham or turkey sausage and fat free cheese and I would like to mix it up a bit.
    Thank you!

@nwoodrum2011 No problem!

Ingredients:
    4 slices center cut bacon
    8oz sliced cabbage (I use bagged coleslaw)
    4 eggs
    4 egg whites or ¾ cup liquid egg whites
    ¼ cup nonfat milk
    Salt/pepper to taste
    1-2 scallions, sliced

Method:
    Chop and crisp the bacon in a pan. Remove the bacon and cook the cabbage in the remaining bacon grease until soft – set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper. Pour egg mixture into pan and add cabbage distributing evenly. Top with bacon and scallions. Bake at 400 for approx. 20 minutes until set.

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 4.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 144
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 7 g 11 %
    Saturated Fat 2 g 12 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 219 mg 73 %
    Sodium 323 mg 13 %
    Potassium 320 mg 9 %
    Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2 %
    Dietary Fiber 2 g 7 %
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 14 g 29 %
    Vitamin A 9 %
    Vitamin C 39 %
    Calcium 8 %
    Iron 8 %

For the BLT, I just cook the bacon and swap out the cabbage for 3-4 oz of fresh baby spinach. Then I add around 60g of sliced grape tomatoes instead of the scallion.

You can really swap out anything you want :)
  • fletchsc
    fletchsc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I make a frittata every Sunday (this week's was ham, lowfat cheddar, onions, quinoa, eggs and egg whites) I have that and a green smoothie (banana, spinach, orange or pineapple, strawberry, whey protein, sometimes greek yogurt - this makes a big smoothie that I split with my husband)
  • FitDadSam
    FitDadSam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    There is a thread on what your meals look like. That will keep you busy for about a month looking through all the pics and if you see something you like ask for a recipe.
    BTW... everything is healthy, easy and nutritious... its all about your choices.

Sounds good can you tell us where there thread is please
  • xBijinx
    xBijinx Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake. I'd love to be an oatmeal person but that texture just isn't for me. If I'm hungry mid morning I will have yogurt or a piece of fruit.
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    @Queenmunchy,
    Thank you!
    I look forward to trying both of those since I seem to rotate between quiche and overnight oatmeal for breakfast.
    I'll share the recipe I make:
    Crustless Spinach Quiche

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
    MAKES:6-8 servings
    Ingredients
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
    2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
    5 eggs
    3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese- I use 2 cups of fat free cheddar
    1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions
    In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham. cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Originally published as Crustless Spinach Quiche in Country Extra November 1997, p51

Nutritional Facts
    1 serving (1 piece) equals 255 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
  • greenbarley
    greenbarley Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    dgmf7lesklpp.jpg

bhqimmr0tz18.jpg

1ft7vx4edjr6.jpg

ueg3c7s9ybp2.jpg

Mostly mixed fruits or
    tomato with cucumber and
    bocconcini cheese

Always a mug of tea with 1% milk
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Most days it's oats:

50g quick oats nuked in water, then add a tub of apple puree, sprinkle of cinnamon and vanilla extract. Sometimes I add some fake sugar.
    Sometimes It's oats with frozen blueberries, vanilla and a little bit of full cream milk.
    OR I add a tablespoon of cocoa powder with vanilla, fake sugar and a splash of milk.
    And a mug of nespresso pod coffee made with 1cup of skim milk.

Recently I did 45g oats with a mashed small banana (50g), sugar free maple syrup and 10g of chopped pecans with about half a dozen dark chocolate chips scattered across the top. That was nice...

When I make oatmeal for my kids I add full cream milk, golden syrup and peanut butter. They eat it ALL.
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    my "Alive" gummy vitamins for adults, & either a "Think Thin" Lean Fiber & Protein Bar (yummy!!, only 150 calories also!) or a packet of oat bran oatmeal w/ some pb2 and raisins (soo tasty!)
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    coffee , a sandwich , bananna
  • LisaLynn6
    LisaLynn6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kawh707 wrote: »
    agree with most of the above... but i do try to keep it to protein only in the morning... turkey or veggie sausage and the like. i like to save any carbs (like a piece of toast) for later in the day, so i can look forward to it.

i have found that if i let ANY kind of carb touch my lips (even fruit) before i have some substantial protein, i simply crave carbs all day!! anyone else have that experience??

Yes! That's me, too. Also if I have carbs early I get really sleepy.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    3 scopes ON double chocolate protein powder and a greek yogurt during the weekdays. Eggs, bacon and toast on the weekend.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Depends on the morning...my daughter bought me a juicer for my bday so I've been eating a tonne of fruits and veg for brunch every day...when I don't juice, a typical morning would include a boiled egg, some spinach, tomato and very old cheddar (drizzled in hot sauce, of course!)
  • LisaLynn6
    LisaLynn6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Usually a 4 to 6 oz chicken breast, 1 egg with 3 to 4 egg whites and an Oikos yogurt

What is the obsession with removing the yolk??? Eggs are a complete protein source providing all the amino acids aswell as protein. And dont give me the colesterol bs either. STOP REMOVING THE YOLKS.

Amen to that! :)

Yes!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Normally I eat: 1 cup Stonyfield Farm Low fat Vanilla yogurt with 30g Whole Grain Total mixed in it. Have a glass or two of water. Calcium tablet. 2-3 cups of coffee. Later I may have some fruit.

Sometimes I don't have breakfast at all.

Sometimes I scramble some eggs and mix with cheese and salsa and toast.

Sometimes...I eat pop tarts or Cap'n Crunch. That's usually the beginning of a bad day...lol