How long did it take you to lose your first 10 lbs?

Options

Replies

• mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    In the first week.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    11 days , I exercise every day and stopped drinking soda . Of course I also started eating healthy.
  • mjordanw
    mjordanw Posts: 2
    Options
    It took me 2.5 weeks to lose my first ten pounds!
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    It took me a month and a half to break the 10 pound mark.
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    About three weeks, I think? I started over 200 pounds and my body really responds well to change, so the first few pounds flew off pretty easily. I lost 6 pounds in my first week, although I'm sure plenty of that was water weight.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    1 month.. and now it has slowed down.. actually the first 10 pounds is all I have lost till now.. after starting my weight loss journey.. When I joined MFP my weightloss rate has already slowed down..
  • becks0805
    Options
    About 1 1/2 weeks. Lost 8lbs first week and 4lbs the next. Now, its a lot more slower!
  • Nicktheicequeen
    Options
    About 2 weeks, because I quit soda cold turkey
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs in first month, so maybe it took me 2.5 month to lose 10lbs....so far I lost 90lbs in 8 months. I think I was losing the most weight in between month 5-7, I am slowing down now :)
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just hit the 10lb mark today! I started November 4, so it took 19 days.
  • ellantz8
    ellantz8 Posts: 619
    Options
    I actually lost 12 lbs my first week, then 4 more pounds my second week, and 2 pounds a week since then. Eating 1200-1250 calories a day and exercising 4 to 5 days a week, down 28 pounds in 8 weeks. I eat a lot, just eat good foods, so I'm not hungry or having cravings. It's working very well! I think the initial big loss was because I was a soda addict and eliminating that made me stop retaining all that water. Good luck!
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    my first ten since joining mfp took me one month and three weeks ( lost 7 pounds before this because of being so busy at work but really didn't track it lol). Didn't weigh myself this week because I am trying to break my scale addiction!
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Two weeks... 6 lbs. the 1st week, 4 lbs. the 2nd. I'm sure most of it was water weight and the fact I stopped drinking 4-6 (or more) RC colas every day. I drink LOTS of water all day long now. Plus I went gangbusters at first with the cardio; power walking, hiking, etc. after leading an extremely sedentary life. I quickly got bored with that though and stopped. Since then I've lost 17.6 lbs. in eight weeks averaging 2 lbs. a week without any exercise. BUT, I began 30DS two days ago because I'm feeling a bit too soft and don't want to end up 'skinny fat' once I reach my goal. :)

My allotted calories by MFP is 1200 and I average 1050-1150 per week. I like to leave a little leeway for MFP food database discrepancies. I'm 51 years old, 5' 5" and my starting weight was 195 lbs. according to my digital scales.

The decades old analog scales I used when I first started put me at 187 lbs. (8 lb. difference! Sheesh! o.O) I haven't changed any figures on here yet. Not sure if it's possible without messing everything up?
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    5'3
    45yrs
    SW 150
    CW 140ish
    GW 120ish
    8 weeks to lose 10lbs. Started at 1200. Checked TDEE out. Went to 1300ish. Scale moved. Seems like in general the more you have to lose, the faster it goes (at first), am I correct? The less you have to lose, the slower it goes. Best of luck!
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose initially. My weight loss was super slow, but I also did body recomp so it took me about two and a half months to lose those first 10lbs.
    It took me 6 months to get to my goal weight.

SW 145
    GW 125
    CW 124
    5'5.5"
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've only been on MFP a week and I know I've lost 9 lbs. Tomorrow is my first official weigh-day where I record it on MFP so I'm hoping to be at 10 lbs tomorrow morning.
  • suzannehrynczuk
    suzannehrynczuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am about 5lbs.(3 weeks)......I do the 5:2 diet: eat 1200 calories ( approx. I am not that bad) for 5 days and every tuesday and thursday I eat 500. ( not as bad as it sounds.soup, and egg, aa salsad or omlette. I have 8 glasses of water a day. I do a 20 min walk 5 times a week and fit in strength training when I have a few minutes. Another thing I am starting is green tea 3 times a day for 3 months , then switching to oolong. Apparently it helps speed up metabolism. Can't hurt!! I already drink alot of tea anyway :)
    Good luck!!
    On the 5:2 the concept is eat whatever you want 5 days , then 2 days eat 500 calories. I just choose to do 1200 calories.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I lost 14lbs in around 5 weeks so probably lost 10 in about 3.5 weeks.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    My first 10 lbs took me 3 months.

If I keep going at this rate, I'll lose all 50 lbs in a year and 3 months :)
  • bevelles
    bevelles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started MFP on march 7th 2014!:flowerforyou: Its been 1 month and 8 days and i have lost a total of 13 pounds!(although my ticker shows 11 lol) I have lost 3 inches off of my waist, 2 inches off of my hips, and 1 inch off of each thigh! Even a half of an inch off from my neck! (neck fats lol you hear me right?) I have to admitt, I have NOT been exercising:blushing: , so i can imagine I would probobly be doing even better if i had been But all of this is just from following what MFP has layed out for me. It has set me up with 1570 calories a day and I find it very good. I dont feel hungry so 1570 is just right for me.
    After about 3 weeks in i came across an intersting idea while researching weight loss strategies:smile: . I know there are those who nix the whole green tea idea but I thought, what the heck, Ill give it a try, ive got nothig to lose....except the weight lol!
    So, I gave it a try....but I followed the advice of this one woman....of whom im sooooooo happy that I did! When adding green tea to your diet its important "when" to have that cup of tea.
    Again, for anyone who claims to know all about green tea, please dont attack me...Im just telling you what i have discovered....learned....and put to good use....and wonders of wonders it IS working...and incredably working its butt off lol!:drinker:
    So back to this tea thing, I started using the green tea 2 cups a day, but only AFTER i eat. 1 hour after i eat.
    This woman told me that if I took the green tea BEFORE I ate, my metabolism would start burning before the meal and by the time the meal was starting to go through my system the effects of the green tea would be subsiding and thefore not burning calories at its maximum potential.
    She instructed me to have the green tea 1 hour after I ate to ensure max benifits from the hightened metobolic rate of burning calories from the green tea boost which in turn would help metabolize the food i ingested 1 hour earlier instead of it storing as fat and added calories. So, I followed her instructions, 1 cup of REAL green tea, a dot of honey, a splash of lemon, 1 hour after breakfast, and 1 after lunch. NEVER any after dinner because it will keep you up all night from the caffeine and the peeing lol. Now, the other benifits of this green tea cocktail she told me to drink are: lemon and honey, will help remove water retension! And the honey naturally turns fat soluable.
    Now, i know im no expert, so again for those of you who are die hard finatics and you know whats best...please dont attack lol, im just relaying my experience.:noway:
    Ever since I added the recomended tea to my MFP routine things have really reved up and its just coming off! Before i added the tea it was coming along slowly. Also the greatest difference I have noticed is my stomach fat. It has always been hard and bulky! Now its soft and squishy, which im attributing that to the honey and its fat soluable properties. Also I can literally feel the difference in my body not carrying so much water retension which im attributing to the green tea/lemon.
    All I can say is that following the advice given to me has really bumped up the results added along with MFP!
    Im so happy i came across this place and even though i am just starting out im proof that this place works! Also everyday i check the success stories thread for motivation. Its great! I wish you all the luck for meeting your goals! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!