13»

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ericGold15 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    I am an accountant and love to play with numbers. But your calculations remind me of coworkers who spend $150 of time to solve 15 cent problems. Unnecessary and a waste of time.
    1. Click
    2. Type in age, weight and height, and pick a sex
    3. Copy BMR number that pops up
    4. Paste that number into MFP's daily calorie goal.

Done.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is easy -- even for an accountant.
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    If you eat at your BMR, you are guaranteed to lose weight, unless you're in a coma.
    Just in case your statement is referencing my OP, let me state, again, that I was not recommending that caloric intake equal BMR. Or any specific intake for that matter. Or any diet.

ALL I tried to show was that the MFP program will do the arithmetic for you and show net calories if you set the daily calorie goal to the BMR. It is a simple notion, posted for new dieters who may not be familiar with BMR. The OP also includes the disclaimer that this is true for people who are sedentary outside of exercise; people with substantial daily activities (calorie wise) can add that amount to the daily goal for the same useful accounting.
    jemhh wrote: »
    I am an accountant and love to play with numbers. But your calculations remind me of coworkers who spend $150 of time to solve 15 cent problems. Unnecessary and a waste of time.
    1. Click
    2. Type in age, weight and height, and pick a sex
    3. Copy BMR number that pops up
    4. Paste that number into MFP's daily calorie goal.

Done.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is easy -- even for an accountant.

You aren't advocating people eat their BMR yet say to copy BMR as the daily caloric goal ... there is a logical disconnect in your posts.
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You aren't advocating people eat their BMR yet say to copy BMR as the daily caloric goal ... there is a logical disconnect in your posts.
    Read the opening post. It is clear if you take a moment to think about it.

You are right though, setting the daily goal number to the BMR changes its meaning. Now you follow the NET CALORIES. Which kind of makes sense, wouldn't you say ?

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

You are right though, setting the daily goal number to the BMR changes its meaning. Now you follow the NET CALORIES. Which kind of makes sense, wouldn't you say ?

Your inability to use simple terms as they are defined makes all of your posts in this thread senseless. Your constant self contradiction undermines any point you think you're trying to make ... although you've failed to make one yet.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Your inability to use simple terms as they are defined makes all of your posts in this thread senseless. Your constant self contradiction undermines any point you think you're trying to make ... although you've failed to make one yet.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of making an accurate and necessary, but harsh, comment.