Going cold turkey on chocolate forever

Options
124»

Replies

• momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I usually buy the Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate.

Can only have a few squares of that because it is so rich.

This is what I eat too-one square is enough for me and it's decent in calories. I eat it with a handful of almonds to give myself the feeling that I'm eating an almond Hershey bar :laugh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I will lay down in front of an oncoming train before I give up chocolate. I eat chocolate every day and I still lose weight.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I would suggest, instead of totally giving up chocolate and depriving yourself of something you enjoy to move to "nicer" chocolates as opposed to what vending machines stock. For instance, I LOVE Mr Goodbar...those are so yummy but I will eat the whole bar and still want more. So what I do instead is buy some Godiva chocolates or the Lindor truffles (oh so so yummy!!!) but they are richer than a "candy bar" so honestly once you have just 1 or even 2 of those choclates, you have had your fill. Yes you are still getting the calories; however, I do not find myself craving more after I have 1 or 2 Lindor truffles.
    That's exactly what I was going to suggest! I do that, and find that just a little bit satisfies my craving. Ghirardelli chocolates are also good.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    It isn't realistic to cut something out forever, you are just setting yourself up to fail. I think that's why I failed so many times, I took the all or nothing route and things are never really like that. I also stopped thinking of foods as "good" or "bad", because really that's ridiculous. I still eat chocolate or cupcakes once in a while, but I also find that the longer I stick to a healthy diet, the less I crave that sort of thing.

7396232.png
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbl0htEvLT1r9g4gho1_400.jpg

You wanna do what about Chocolate?

LOL this!!! Have you lost your mind? Give up chocolate? I would check myself into a mental institution before considering such things! :laugh:
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I buy the dark chocolate with almond nuggets by Herseys. One only has 45 calories and cures my sweet tooth after a meal. I also bought some Belgium chocolate pudding from Trader Joe's. I'll have one spoonful of that after dinner and that will cure the sweet tooth. I love chocolate so I'm trying to leave a few calories available a day for it.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I wont give it up. I NEED it!! Especially around the first of the month.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, OP here. Thanks for your replies and suggestions. I'm an Australian, so certain snacks some of you suggested, we don't have here :( But I'm definitely going to try the 85% dark chocolate approach first. I intend to make milk chocolate (my favourite) an occasional thing, like when I go out with my friends to chocolate cafes. Anyway, I'm not underweight, my current BMI is 19.3. I believe it's <18.5 to be underweight.

With regards to weight loss, I don't really care much about kilos, I just want my small framed body to fit into a US size 2 by summer in Australia. I'm currently a size 4 but I do have a lot of jiggly fats I need to get rid of through strength training and cardio. I was just really upset with my 'self-saboteur' actions where I undo my good work of exercise by eating kit kats and brownies.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Dear PuffinMuffin,

I agree with you 100%, eating chocolate like that at night....after eating ALL day ......will keep you from your goal.

Like you, i am a small person and i both look and feel better when i weigh less.

My current weight is heavy FOR ME, like you, i have never been overweight but struggle with loving choclate too much also...it is a problem.

The thing is, where you live now, you can't control your environment.....in my house there is no candy machine, you have my respect in that you are doing so well.

My suggestion is a little different--try to make sure you don't have change/coins or currency with you in the evenings.....OR begin your day with a rich chocolate soy milk and chocolate protein powder, both contain ingredients which may help you avoid adding it in later in your day.

Really, i wish you the best but ........???????????? chocolate is a powerfully addictive treat!!! Message me at some point if you find a solution. Have a great weekend. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't think you would have to give it up if it's something you really enjoy! I don't like dark chocolate of any kind, so it wouldn't be a replacement for me. I would say have your chocolate in a protein drink or protein bar.

I would think if you are cutting it out completely at some point you will probably over eat at one setting. You might as well have a little each day and satisfy yourself. I believe in moderation on everything.