Butter in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I used to put coconut oil in my coffee and it tasted really good.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    If butter and coffee are put anywhere near me together it had better be in a coffee cake...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've seen posts on MFP about doing it, mostly from those that follow the Paleo Diet, which is high fat. I guess it's just a way to get more fat in the diet. Sounds disgusting to me.

Butter in the Paleo diet?? That doesn't sound right. Cavemen didn't have butter. :huh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If butter and coffee are put anywhere near me together it had better be in a coffee cake...

+1 :laugh:
  • callieboom
    callieboom Posts: 30
    Options
    While your pediatrician is right, your toddler shouldn't be drinking coffee.
    The body needs healthy fats.
    Butter is an excellent choice, in reasonable quantity.

For myself, hiking in the Ladakh region of India a couple of years ago, I drank a lot of local tea with yak butter.
    Yak butter is butter where they put in the entire yak. 'special. very 'special.

Not a happy camper.
    111_yak-master-of-the-himalayas_groot.jpg

But one gets used to it.

Why not?

OH GOD. YAK BUTTER TEA. I had almost managed to erase this from my mind, I will eat anything when travelling, I love to try new things, but this is one of the few things I had once and never again!!
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

As Im in Germany and we dont have Nestle coffee mate here... I visited an American friend who is stationed at the army here and he had that coffee mate hazelnut I tried for the first time in my life. IM ADDICTED TO THAT STUFF NOW and Im happy that I can get it from Amazon :)

screw the butter
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options

For myself, hiking in the Ladakh region of India a couple of years ago, I drank a lot of local tea with yak butter.

Not a happy camper.

Sorry I should have been more specific ...she doesn't drink coffee , I was making the remark that I was told to add butter to everything for her, as a mother and medical professional I see the benefits but I think it's too much ...I can fatten her up but butter is not my first choice, the cholesterol is what scare me ...I feel like I'm setting her up for heart problems :(
    But one gets used to it.

Why not?
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Shoot I don't know how to quote ...hahahaa
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Omg...who does this ?? And why ?? I have a toddler who is thin ...and I hate her pediatrician tells me to add BUTTER to everything !! To me that's not a healthy alternative to eating well !

Nothing wrong with butter , its natural . Id be worried about processed margarines .

Butter in coffee must be disgusting

this...butter is delicious...on toast...in baked goods....but not coffee. Oh my gosh, who would do this. I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    How do you even spread it???

:laugh: :laugh:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    This might be the solution to the awful taste of Folgers.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    coffee already makes me crap, it doesn't need help.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I haz done it. In desperation. We were out of both milk and coconut milk. It wasn't bad.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Not a happy camper.

But one gets used to it.

Why not?

OH GOD. YAK BUTTER TEA. I had almost managed to erase this from my mind, I will eat anything when travelling, I love to try new things, but this is one of the few things I had once and never again!!

that is one Regal gosh darn yak.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    If you look at the nutritional information on cream and butter, they are pretty damn close... And people don't have a problem with cream in their coffee.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Has anybody seen this thing about adding butter and oil to your coffee? Sounds like a recipe for intestinal distress and a spare tire around your middle. http://www.bulletproofexec.com/category/coffee-2/

Although I would not do it myself, I prefer double cream and honey or maple syrup in my coffee, a lot of extremely lean people use this recipe. Whatever works for you. Fat is not the enemy.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Has anybody seen this thing about adding butter and oil to your coffee? Sounds like a recipe for intestinal distress and a spare tire around your middle. http://www.bulletproofexec.com/category/coffee-2/

Sounds gross. but I don't think that it would cause more stomach/intestinal problems than adding cream.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have an ex who was really big into keto and would put butter in his coffee. No wonder we're broken up.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you look at the nutritional information on cream and butter, they are pretty damn close... And people don't have a problem with cream in their coffee.

Exactly, I don't know why people are freaking out! It's ~sounds~ weird for sure, but it's not THAT

From what I heard, the whole butter-in-coffee thing comes from
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I love butter.

I love coffee.

But never the twain shall meet!!