EGGS!!

Options

Replies

• geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    We raise chickens so I eat a lot of farm fresh eggs. Sometimes we eat duck or turkey eggs too. I can't imagine avoiding eggs! The only ones we don't eat are the ones we let hatch into chicks.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of eggs, red meat, and dairy.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I really love my eggs and mostly I hear everyone saying they are scared of eating too many eggs!! Say WAT?? I am not to keen on eating a lot of meat so I use eggs and cheese, beans and peanut butter for most of my protein intake! Chicken is mostly my meat of choice and red meat only about once a week if that. My cholesterol levels are fine so I do not see where eating eggs in place of meat say 3 times a week should be a problem!! They a cheap and easy n quick to cook!! The perfect go to protein sources!!

So good ppl what are your opinions on EGGS??

I eat two or three eggs per day and eat both the yolk and the white.

Too much scaremongering about, enjoy your eggs, they are great food.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I eat a ****-ton of eggs. Three every morning, plus one or two as snacks!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I got through an 18pk a week.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am trying to live a paleo lifestyle. Eggs are a staple.
  • Kareemelnaggar
    Kareemelnaggar Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! But I do typically add extra egg whites to my eggs for the extra protein without the extra calories. Note: I think yolks are extremely healthy and I will still eat them, but I think 4-5 whole eggs in one meal is just overdoing it, so I opt out of 3 of the yolks! Super tasty tho. I've been using them a lot in egg drop style soup instead of adding meat or fish, just a couple eggs and boom you have a delicious nutrient packed soup.
  • Fuzzbang
    Fuzzbang Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat 18 hard boiled egg whites every single day. Never get tired of them.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I love EGGS! Now that I know how to hard "boil" 'em in the oven, it's so easy for me to always have a dozen or so on hand. :)
  • Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    Love eggs!! I eat 2 whole scrambled eggs every morning with veggies and chese. I used to do a hard boiled egg as well with a salad at lunch but was worried about colesteral. Now after reading these posts I might be able to add that back in.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I really love my eggs and mostly I hear everyone saying they are scared of eating too many eggs!! Say WAT?? I am not to keen on eating a lot of meat so I use eggs and cheese, beans and peanut butter for most of my protein intake! Chicken is mostly my meat of choice and red meat only about once a week if that. My cholesterol levels are fine so I do not see where eating eggs in place of meat say 3 times a week should be a problem!! They a cheap and easy n quick to cook!! The perfect go to protein sources!!

:heart: eggs! I have 2 pretty much every day! With runny yolk that oozes all over my toast/smoked salmon/tomato/mushroom/baby spinach nom nom nom nom!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eggs rule! Especially ( drum roll), DUCK EGGS. Far more flavor than chicken eggs, higher in protein. Free range duck eggs vs. store bought chicken eggs ..... no comparision, not by a country mile. I have my own Muscovy ducks, heavy layers, so our eggs are always very fresh, and we have eggs to sell and to share with friends.
  • TexNut
    TexNut Posts: 53
    Options
    Big fan of eggs - think they're a great source of protein. Anybody notice that at a certain sandwich restaurant, they ask if you want "egg white" or "egg YELLOW"? This drives me nuts! It's "egg white" or "WHOLE egg", people! :) When I respond, "whole egg, please" they often look at me funny and I have to add "yellow, please". Ugh
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    LOVE eggs! Hard boiled especially.

my favorite...........great snack!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs. So much so that upon occasion I will add two fried eggs to the inside of my omelette.

feomresize_zps1dc1d9de.jpg
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options

I basically with you, but want to ask you and everyone - how many is it safe/healthy to eat in a day? 2-3? That would be my guess. Putting aside the cholesterol issue (which isn't proven one way or the other), whole eggs aren't a super efficient source of protein as they have a lot of fat....they are great, but I don't think you could rely on them for your whole protein intake (which for some can be upwards of 200 g per day)....you'd be better off w/ grilled skinless chicken or fish, or even cottage cheese or protein shakes.

let the flame war begin!!!
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love eggs! I eat at least one a day. Someone at work said "I have a healthy lunch today, I have an egg white omelet". I wanted to cry. The yolk is only a problem is you HAVE a cholesterol problem. Eating an egg or two a day certainly won't CAUSE a cholesterol problem.

ETA: But I agree with the above poster. You can't rely on eggs only. They aren't that protein dense.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Eggs are amazing!!

About 2 months ago we started buying fresh farm eggs from some friends of ours and they are so much better tasting than store bought.

If you can locate someone in your area that has farm fresh eggs, although they might be just a little higher priced than store bought, they are TOTALLY worth it!!

And for cryin out loud... eat the WHOLE EGG!!! :happy: :laugh: :heart:
  • mmangels88
    mmangels88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE eggs!!! I eat at least 2 a day, and that is all I have for breakfast, I am hyperglycemic so I have to eat every 2-3 hrs but they tide me over very well until my midmorning snack. :happy:
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    WOW!! :smile: We are crazy Egg loving bunch!! Well I know I am counting every calorie and staying with my eggs for protein and Thanks got some new ideas to make my egg menu stretch out even further!! :flowerforyou: If I don't have eggs for my breakfast the I will think to myself Wat's for supper and YEPPER Eggs will come to mind!! Was mostly into ham and cheese omelettes now I will experiment with adding in veggies as well!!!

Thanks for all the posts!!! :flowerforyou: