EGGS!!

Options

Replies

• Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i love eggs .... especially with bacon sausages mushrooms tomatoes black pudding baked beans soda bread potatoe farls and toast......... of course i cant have it right now :P

Black pudding -- an unusual choice around here. :smile:
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, eggs are great. Tasty, nutritious, protein rich. What's not to love?
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    I love my eggs. So much so that upon occasion I will add two fried eggs to the inside of my omelette.

feomresize_zps1dc1d9de.jpg

This is genius

Dirty.
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    I love eggs! We actually have chickens so we have fresh eggs all the time which is nice (and delicious). By the way if you haven't ever tried it I recommend sautéing zucchini with seasonings and then add eggs to make an omelette or sauté and then scramble eggs in with it.....really good taste and I would've never put the 2 together. We had some fresh squash and eggs from a garden. It was amazing.
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I really love my eggs and mostly I hear everyone saying they are scared of eating too many eggs!! Say WAT?? I am not to keen on eating a lot of meat so I use eggs and cheese, beans and peanut butter for most of my protein intake! Chicken is mostly my meat of choice and red meat only about once a week if that. My cholesterol levels are fine so I do not see where eating eggs in place of meat say 3 times a week should be a problem!! They a cheap and easy n quick to cook!! The perfect go to protein sources!!

So good ppl what are your opinions on EGGS??

I love eggs! I love them for any meal too. Poached, boiled, scrambled, fried (no oil), as an omelet. yummy!
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet. Easy hard-cooked eggs: Put the eggs in an electric kettle, cover with cold water, and turn the kettle on. The kettle will shut off when it boils, then you can leave them for ~20 minutes. Perfect hard cooked eggs. I actually put 3 or 4 in the kettle before going to bed and take them out in the morning.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My cholesterol levels are fine so I do not see where eating eggs in place of meat say 3 times a week should be a problem!! They a cheap and easy n quick to cook!! The perfect go to protein sources!!

So good ppl what are your opinions on EGGS??

I'm not a big fan of the taste of eggs. I eat them every now and then, but never early in the morning. They make me queasy if I eat them too soon after waking.

If you've been eating eggs regularly and your lipid levels are fine, then it's unlikely you need to worry about them.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs are the best! I love eggs!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I quit eating eggs when my cholesterol LDL count was 176. Still stay away from them.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! I'm having 2 poached eggs, 1 Rudi's Multigrain English Muffin and 2 slices of bacon for dinner tonight! (481 cal)

In saying that, whenever I'm having an omelet or scrambled eggs, I use 1 egg and 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters Southwestern flavor, just to cut down on the calories and also the seasoning is perfect!
  • I keep frozen diced red & green peppers and onions on hand and scramble 1 whole egg, 3 whites and a cup of the onions/red & green peppers (sometimes I add sliced mushrooms) - looks like a ton of food and keeps you full 'til lunch time!:smile:
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I buy them by the 5 dozen pack, and it lasts about 2 weeks in my house of 4 people. And rarely does a yolk go unused.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Love eggs! On the menu for supper tonite:)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of eggs. We got our own suppliers. : )

P10400012600x450_zps799fe6aa.jpg
  • dichrodiva
    dichrodiva Posts: 13
    Options
    That's absolutely hilarious! Love it. Go EGGS.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs. So much so that upon occasion I will add two fried eggs to the inside of my omelette.

feomresize_zps1dc1d9de.jpg

my fiance would looooove this! So I might have to surprised him the next time I make us a couple of omelets! thanks for the great idea!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I love EGGS! Now that I know how to hard "boil" 'em in the oven, it's so easy for me to always have a dozen or so on hand. :)

:huh: 'splain this to me? How do you hard boil them in the oven?????? Inquiring minds~~~

Hard cooked eggs in the oven are easy! Use a muffin tin, preheat oven to 350, bake for half an hour, take them out, immediately pop them into a bowl of ice water. I never actually boil eggs anymore.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    In for eggs!

I eat 2 almost everyday.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I love EGGS! Now that I know how to hard "boil" 'em in the oven, it's so easy for me to always have a dozen or so on hand. :)

:huh: 'splain this to me? How do you hard boil them in the oven?????? Inquiring minds~~~

Hard cooked eggs in the oven are easy! Use a muffin tin, preheat oven to 350, bake for half an hour, take them out, immediately pop them into a bowl of ice water. I never actually boil eggs anymore.

but boiled eggs only take 10 mins to do, add five mins on to boil the water in the first place and you have boiled eggs using under half the time and energy of the stove.

I don't get the logic on using the oven method.....
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Eggs are friendly and happy to be eaten...they just make your plate smile!

smile_zps41e3e6bc.jpg

OMG! how many calories in that meal, it looks bloody delicious!!!!

Is that a two or three egg omelette?

Three egg omelette that comes in about 790-800 cals with the toast.

ahh okies thanks