Bread?

Options
FattyMcG123
FattyMcG123 Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
hi,
I'm just wondering what do you all eat instead of bread? I eat a lot of white bread in my diet and I want to try and cut it out but I'm unsure as to what I should replace it with? Like literally every time I'm hungry I'm like 'oh I'll just have a sandwich' or 'I'll just make some toast' and then before i know it I've eaten like 4-5 slices of white bread that day! Any Any recommendations would be appreciated! :)
K x

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question. If I want bread, I eat the bread and log it. I tend to prefer a cookie, or meat, over a slice of bread so I guess my answer is...cookie, ice cream, meat.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Bread.

Good for bacon sandwiches.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Which dishes are you trying to replace the bread in? Sandwiches?
  • FattyMcG123
    FattyMcG123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Like literally every time I'm hungry I'm like 'oh I'll have a sandwich' or 'I'll just make toast' and it all adds up! I'm only starting out, just looking for any suggestions to eat instead of bread? :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Bread. Lower calorie bread. Flat Outs. Sandwich Thins. Tortillas.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I barely ever eat bread. But if i do, it's whole-grain instead of white....try substituting whole grain versions of the processed breads and pastas. (i assume this is basically what you were asking about...)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I still eat bread and have throughout my weight loss. I did make the switch to whole wheat instead of white and sometimes I look for lower calorie options like sandwich thins or flatbreads, but that's all personal preference. Look at your options and see which fit your personal goals best.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I eat bread but less of it. Have Not found a good replacement for bread, it doesn't exist, IMO
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    If I want bread , I eat it. Just fit it into your day.
    If your looking for ideas for things to eat besides sandwiches, maybe reword your post and say " I'm looking for lunch ideas besides sandwiches"

You could have a salad for lunch instead of sandwich. I buy the pre made ones already bagged , then all I have to do is dump it in a bowl and eat it. No prep time .
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I just stopped buying the bread and I eat the sandwich stuff without it. BLT? No bread. Cheeseburger fully loaded? No bun. PBJ? No bread.

My belly can't handle bread, but that doesn't mean I have to give up my sammiches. I just have to adjust. Bowls are my friend!
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    We eat Flat outs wraps. 90 cal for a wrap instead of 140+ for two pieces of bread.

If we go to the local burger place though We still get buns. We just allot the calories for them.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with bread (provided you do not have a diagnosed medical condition).
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Go for different snacks instead of sandwiches all the time. Eat something higher in protein and/or fat.

I would use 1 piece of bread for my sandwich instead of two.

What do you put on your toast? Just butter? Or do you something like peanut butter?

~Lyssa
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    If in doubt, replace with bacon.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    I just stopped buying the bread and I eat the sandwich stuff without it. BLT? No bread. Cheeseburger fully loaded? No bun. PBJ? No bread.

My belly can't handle bread, but that doesn't mean I have to give up my sammiches. I just have to adjust. Bowls are my friend!

I'm not mocking you at all, totally SRS question. How do you eat pb&j without bread ? Sounds messy !
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    no subs for bread for me umm it's a no no. but you could maybe get the thins slices bread usually 40 cals each slice, so 4 slices wont take too much of your calorie budget.

and I also think that what you may need is to plan your snacks or grab to go food, witch it doesn't have to be always bread.
  • ki4eld
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

I'm not mocking you at all, totally SRS question. How do you eat pb&j without bread ? Sounds messy !

Chopsticks.

For real, just a spoonful of each and eat away! OP didn't ask for sensible advice or if he did, I ignored it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Chopsticks.

For real, just a spoonful of each and eat away! OP didn't ask for sensible advice or if he did, I ignored it.

lol. That's amazing.
  • ki4eld
    Options
    I sometimes put salsa in vanilla greek yogurt. <<I can't explain that, it just is.

For real, I make hubby eat his sandwiches on tortillas. Nothing like watching a giant of a man try to eat a Reuben on a tortilla. Comedy gold.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

Chopsticks.

I would seriously have peanut butter and jelly all over my face and lap if I tried that ! Lol your very talented with chop sticks !