Options
2»

Replies

• nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Waiting for the banana/oatmeal cookie posters.

I have arrived!
    Banana oatmeal cookies w/ walnuts & raisins B)
    Hell yeah, I will eat 6 of you & feel great doing it.

You're eating 6 MFP members? What selection process are you using?

:D this reply made me smile so much!

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    I want cookies I can eat in volume. Not nibbles.
    Me and portion control do not get along - never have.
    "Healthy" food isn't your issue. You can overeat "healthy" food and be overweight. Your issue is behavioral habits of wanting to eat in high volumes. You can LEARN to eat less IF you really want to.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    I spent hours looking for a healthy oatmeal cookie recipe.
    Something I can put in my purse as a snack to go.
    Online all I see is stuff with apple juice (sugar), flour, caro syrup, brown sugar, flour, butter.
    And yes, this is under healthy.
    I hate to see what is unhealthy.

By definition the only cookies you can have in unlimited numbers, are the cookies your web browser uses. And even those are limited by your computer's storage space availability.

Food cookies are by definition: a small cake made from stiff, sweet dough rolled and sliced or dropped by spoonfuls on a large, flat pan (cookie sheet) and baked.

You can't eat unlimited amounts of anything and expect to lose any weight. Work on portion control, and stop bullying butter, sugar, and flour and poor ol' apple juice.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I spent hours looking for a healthy oatmeal cookie recipe.
    Something I can put in my purse as a snack to go.
    Online all I see is stuff with apple juice (sugar), flour, caro syrup, brown sugar, flour, butter.
    And yes, this is under healthy.
    I hate to see what is unhealthy.

What do you want from a cookie? All cookies are going to have similar ingredients or they will not be a cookie. Those ingredients can be part of a healthy diet.

If you want to eat low calorie snacks with higher nutrition and in higher volume then you are going to have to choose a different food than oatmeal cookies. Try an actual piece of fruit or vegetables. You could eat a couple a bunch of carrots or popcorn (no butter) vs. 1 cookie for example.
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Came here to see the posters who were "blasting" you and all I see is good advice. Portion control sounds like the real issue here. I don't have any advice to add that hasn't already been offered - except to advise you to take the advice :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Came here to see the posters who were "blasting" you and all I see is good advice. Portion control sounds like the real issue here. I don't have any advice to add that hasn't already been offered - except to advise you to take the advice :)

I came here for that reason as well. I just don't see any blasting....at all.

Wow.

Time to go now. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I mix peanut butter, rolled oats, ground flax seed, chopped walnuts, brown sugar, egg and a pinch of salt to make oatmeal cookies. What's unhealthy about that?
  • LaurenGraham2
    LaurenGraham2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use oats, banana, honey and dark choc chips. A lower calories version of a cookie. A sweet treat when you need it.
  • jtate0212
    jtate0212 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use oats, banana, honey and dark choc chips. A lower calories version of a cookie. A sweet treat when you need it.

Yummmm