women discussion - .... :)

Options
13»

Replies

• emiliebecause
    emiliebecause Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I could eat all the noodles in China Town and all the bars of milk chocolate ever made.
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's 'all in my head' or not but I definitely crave ALL THE CHOCOLATE and feel hungrier in general.
  • emiliebecause
    Options
    I don't know if it's 'all in my head' or not but I definitely crave ALL THE CHOCOLATE and feel hungrier in general.

Wherever it is it's not IN MY BELLY WHERE IT SHOULD BE.
  • emiliebecause
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    Last night I was ravenous, and I feel so horribly guilty about it. I never binge like this, but I decided that, after my calories were already done for the day, a beer, 3 jalepeno poppers, and half a pint of B&J was a good idea :( I already had a huge cheat day planned for a wedding tomorrow, and now I'm struggling to fit the extra cals in :(

blargh, that sucks. Can you squeeze in some extra exercise?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    A big, fat YES on the hunger. Always more hungry and always wanting the same stuff, mostly pasta.

After I began losing and paying attention to my body, I found out something else about periods - I'm less hungry afterwards. I'd always known I was hungrier before my period but never noticed I was less hungry after it until I paid attention and started eating to my hunger.

Even when dieting, I'd eat more before the period and less after. More carbs before. Less food, but more meat after. It's what I want, so it's what I ate.

I've seen other women say that when they began paying attention, they noticed being less hungry after the period, too. Maybe that will happen for you. :)

I'm less hungry once it starts. I never worried much about the hunger before because I knew I'd have to force myself to eat during.
    That's what I meant. After it starts. Either the first or second Big Day O Bleeding, I'm not at all hungry. I could eat 500-600 calories and not be hungry...or tired, for that matter.

It's so weird. If I ate 600 calories a few days before, I'd be ravenous and probably weak and dizzy. After, not a thing.

I didn't mean after it's done/finished. Should've been more clear about the "after."

I got that Gittleman book you recommended. Have to read it now. :)
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Try a magnesium supplement. I think that's the one that can work if you are specifically craving chocolate. Seems to have done the job for me!

~Lyssa
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Nah. I'm the same... business as usual.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Last night I was ravenous, and I feel so horribly guilty about it. I never binge like this, but I decided that, after my calories were already done for the day, a beer, 3 jalepeno poppers, and half a pint of B&J was a good idea :( I already had a huge cheat day planned for a wedding tomorrow, and now I'm struggling to fit the extra cals in :(

I sure as heck am going to try!!! I'm so mad at myself, I have been thinking about it all day. I even skipped my snack today at work and I think I almost died of starvation.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I tend to get bloated on my period instead. It makes me feel generally disgusting, and I actually lose my appetite as a result. It sucks, but at least I don't have to worry about gaining weight from it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    An extreme yes. 1-2 days before I eat a minimum of 3000 calories of LOW CALORIE food... I basically eat without stopping from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed. If I don't someone may get murdered. If I don't carefully select the kinds of food I put in my mouth I could easily go up to 6000 calories.

Once it arrives it's a complete switch off... I barely make to 1000 calories first (usually second) day.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It's mostly in your head.

Stay hydrated, eat good food and exercise some self control. Speaking of exercise, are you getting enough?

I exercise 4 or 5 times a week consisting of body combat. Walking or Zuma I use the tdee method so don't earn extra cals
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't notice much of an appetite change, other than I need to eat more often. Like today (which is day 3 of TOM for me) pretty much the moment I woke up my stomach was growling. Usually I can wait and get some stuff done before I feel the need to go make breakfast, and today it was the very first thing I did.

I used to crave meat hardcore during pms, but since I changed how I eat I don't have that symptom anymore. If anything, i'm just exhausted, and I try to eat more nutrients on purpose to get through my job, which is physical. I eat lots of sweet potatoes, avocados, chicken/turkey during TOM and take extra iron. I always drink a lot of water and make sure I get as much lazy lounging time as possible and enough sleep. I don't generally gain weight during TOM either, though it will usually just stall out during that week, sometimes 2 weeks, before it starts dropping again.
  • emmawbu
    emmawbu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    i need to know the truth in womens TOTM do we honestly get more hungry, or is it all in our heads?, im trying not to cave but jesus its hard. what makes us more hungry? hormones? i am fine on 1750 a day normally but theres just that 1 weeek, where i really struggle. i do the TDEE method so i do not earn more calories to eat through exercise...

i wish i was a guy sometimes ha!

Its my ovulation week this week and i can deffo tell you now you aren't the only one that craves more food! I constantly want to snack and eat greasier foods, and even water which i usually drink doesn't appeal to me, feels like i just want all things unhealthy. I've no idea whether it's hormones or not but fighting through it is hard

• Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I sure as heck am going to try!!! I'm so mad at myself, I have been thinking about it all day. I even skipped my snack today at work and I think I almost died of starvation.

Don't be mad at yourself! It was one day...it seems like you found the pattern. Pick yourself off, dust yourself off, and keep on going! One day really doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things, it's what you do on the majority of other days. Try to get moving to burn a few more calories to get ready for your planned cheat day at the wedding and kill it! :smile:
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My period started on Thursday and since Tuesday I was eating bars and bars of chocolate. Today however I am totally nauseated even thinking of it!!! And I ended way below my goal. But my weight is up nearly 1.5 kgs due to bloating. A few days later I know I'll get a whoosh so not really concerned.
  • Mellieanne1019
    Mellieanne1019 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think it is normal cause a week before mine I crave salt and sweets and I am living you gotta indulge but I also workout ally but I am trying to limit myself it is very hard I think it's mental but there is a tiny bit physical cause it is hormones
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the worst I've had... ever. 1600 calories by noon and I was still starving. Was hoping that 6 meatballs would help fill me up... nope. My usually filling meal of sauteed cabbage and ground turkey? Nope. Oatmeal maybe? Nope. So I figured I'd try to make it go away by eating something really rich I had been craving for a while anyway (cheesecake). It didn't help AT ALL. I ended up eating way too many calories of bread products which seemed to satisfy me for a couple hours, and at dinner time I was still hungry and couldn't resist when my husband brought pizza (Hello, craving carbs here, why in the world did he buy pizza???).

So... 4500 calories day. Yep. And I felt sick but still hungry last night. Seriously... ridiculous.

I did learn though that it's pointless to go for a big rich meal and hope it will fill me up (I tried pizza last month though, so I should have known the cheesecake wouldn't work, but I was hoping). Toasted bread with butter seemed to do the trick however... so next time I'll just try and eat a slice of toasted bread with butter every 2-3 hours or something. Maybe it will work?

I'm extremely frustrated and disheartened right now. Almost 2 weeks of deficit down the drain. Sigh.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Its the only time I have sugar cravings. I want loads of salty carbs and it will probably be the only time you will see chocolate more than once in a week in my food diary.
    I just feel hungry even though I know I'm not. And protein, healthy foods do nothing for me.

This time I've really really tried to be good but my weight still fluctuated 4lbs! Its the last day of my period today and I'm the same weight as I was 8 days ago despite working out pretty much every day!