2390 to lose 2lbs/week seems WAY too high...imo

Options

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Guys, you should really just leave these threads alone. He posts a thread like this a lot and it doesn't get anywhere. He doesn't care that he should be eating more or what anyone else says so just leave these threads alone and he likely stop posting them if he doesn't get the responses/attention he's looking for.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ^^^this
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i just don't understand why you're eating pizza, ranch dressing and liquor while trying to lose weight. Doesn't seem very dedicated to me.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    brdnw wrote: »
    i just don't understand why you're eating pizza, ranch dressing and liquor while trying to lose weight. Doesn't seem very dedicated to me.
    Does this seem very dedicated to you, because I had all of those things, too:

64078106.png
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Because....why not?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Guys, you should really just leave these threads alone. He posts a thread like this a lot and it doesn't get anywhere. He doesn't care that he should be eating more or what anyone else says so just leave these threads alone and he likely stop posting them if he doesn't get the responses/attention he's looking for.

True I post controversial topics but sincerely out of my own curiosity and hopes to get some real debate going..you can paint me as an attention seeker but honestly that's not the case..just looking for opinions on the topic I've asked about.

But thanks to those who were productive to the conversation, I appreciate it =)

Right... ok.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

True I post controversial topics but sincerely out of my own curiosity and hopes to get some real debate going..you can paint me as an attention seeker but honestly that's not the case..just looking for opinions on the topic I've asked about.

No you don't, you post the same topic over and over for no reason other than the attention.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

Looks like someone doesn't know much about calories lol.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Just doing what two professionals told me is fine for me..if you doubt that's ok too..but 2400 cals to lose two pounds just seems insane to me.

Um, you asked our opinion. Some of us gave you one. It just happened to be not yours.

If 2400 to lose 2lbs a week seems insane, imagine what you were eating to get the point of having to lose the weight. That's what's always boggled my mind. I lost 50lbs using the CICO philosophy years ago, eating 1500 calories to lose. It's hard for me to fathom I was eating that much more while I was heavy. MFP works if you listen to it.

My advice is to try what it says for a month...what do you have to lose? A month? Big deal.

We got big appetites.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

No you don't, you post the same topic over and over for no reason other than the attention.

To be honest... I completely agree with this.

OP, either stick to what MFP is telling you to do or do whatever. It's as simple as that, it's true, you do want some debate going on. Debate about you.

Stop being so fussy and do what MFP tells you do to. If not, don't bother.
  • brdnw
    Options

64078106.png

you having lost 122lbs doesn't give any indication of your current fitness, it just means you had more to lose.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

64078106.png

you having lost 122lbs doesn't give any indication of your current fitness, it just means you had more to lose.
    Here's what you wrote: "i just don't understand why you're eating pizza, ranch dressing and liquor while trying to lose weight. "

Why are you moving the goalposts already?
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    Options

64078106.png

What's wrong with having pizza if it fits your calories/macros? Or do we all have to live on Kale and Protein shakes to be dedicated?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

64078106.png

hahaha... I think it IS an indication of dedication to weight loss though, which is what you were critiquing in the first place.
  • brdnw
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Because....why not?

bc he clearly got fat from over drinking, eating pizza and eating ranch dressing. Those are very calorie dense items. I'd much rather eat chicken, vegetables, etc..and consume 1\3 of the calories and get my protein/nutritional needs. That's how i lost 90lbs (which really is much more lost considering the muscle mass i gained).
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    This? Again??
    OP needs a new schtick, this act is more stale than the rolls at a dinner theater production of Death of a Salesman..
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I just feel like two people of the same stats can burn hugely different amounts of calories per day. Like true, there's an average but an average does nothing to define an individual person. Imo, I could not possibly eat everything I ate yesterday +400 cals and still lose 2lbs a week.
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Because....why not?

bc he clearly got fat from over drinking, eating pizza and eating ranch dressing. Those are very calorie dense items. I'd much rather eat chicken, vegetables, etc..and consume 1\3 of the calories and get my protein/nutritional needs. That's how i lost 90lbs (which really is much more lost considering the muscle mass i gained).

It's funny... I also got fat from eating pizza etc... and I also lost weight will eating it.

As long as you hit your macros and micros... why the hell not?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The only way to know if it's accurate is to try it and see. You can always drop down, later.

Try the MFP advice for a few weeks. If you don't lose anything, drop by 100 every two weeks until you begin losing. You may find you can eat more calories and still lose.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    I just feel like two people of the same stats can burn hugely different amounts of calories per day. Like true, there's an average but an average does nothing to define an individual person. Imo, I could not possibly eat everything I ate yesterday +400 cals and still lose 2lbs a week.

Well you ate enough to get to this size... how can you not eat less???
This discussion has been closed.