Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    brdnw wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    i just don't understand why you're eating pizza, ranch dressing and liquor while trying to lose weight. Doesn't seem very dedicated to me.

Because....why not?

bc he clearly got fat from over drinking, eating pizza and eating ranch dressing. Those are very calorie dense items. I'd much rather eat chicken, vegetables, etc..and consume 1\3 of the calories and get my protein/nutritional needs. That's how i lost 90lbs (which really is much more lost considering the muscle mass i gained).

Ahh, okay. I didn't know you knew him personally and the reasons he was overweight. My apologies.

That's great that you would rather eat chicken/vegetables/etc... that's great that YOU want to go about it that way. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with someone going about it a different way.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    i just don't understand why you're eating pizza, ranch dressing and liquor while trying to lose weight. Doesn't seem very dedicated to me.
    Does this seem very dedicated to you, because I had all of those things, too:

64078106.png

you having lost 122lbs doesn't give any indication of your current fitness, it just means you had more to lose.
    Though I agree it does not indicate his fitness, your point was "dedication." I do agree that losing more than 100 lbs is a good indication of fitting the definition of "dedicated."
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    Options

Because....why not?

bc he clearly got fat from over drinking, eating pizza and eating ranch dressing. Those are very calorie dense items. I'd much rather eat chicken, vegetables, etc..and consume 1\3 of the calories and get my protein/nutritional needs. That's how i lost 90lbs (which really is much more lost considering the muscle mass i gained).

Ahh, okay. I didn't know you knew him personally and the reasons he was overweight. My apologies.

That's great that you would rather eat chicken/vegetables/etc... that's great that YOU want to go about it that way. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with someone going about it a different way.

If eating pizza makes you look as hawt as you do... I'm all in! ;)
  • WBB55
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I just feel like two people of the same stats can burn hugely different amounts of calories per day. Like true, there's an average but an average does nothing to define an individual person. Imo, I could not possibly eat everything I ate yesterday +400 cals and still lose 2lbs a week.

If you weighed everything accurately, we're telling you you could. Science! Math! Thermodynamics! Data! vs. "feel"
  • Hornsby
    Options

Because....why not?

Twice a week ;) and thanks :)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I just feel like two people of the same stats can burn hugely different amounts of calories per day. Like true, there's an average but an average does nothing to define an individual person. Imo, I could not possibly eat everything I ate yesterday +400 cals and still lose 2lbs a week.

If you weighed everything accurately, we're telling you you could. Science! Math! Thermodynamics! Data! vs. "feel"
    But he feeeeeels.

Aww man... the feeeeeeeels gets me every time. Sniff.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I thought the min for a male on MFP was 1500. Do as you feel OP. I rememebr your previous threads where you ask for advice then end up just debating and telling other people they are wrong. MFP works fine for plenty of people.

If you dont trust the calorie system and feel you have a better alternative then go for it.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    The question is could really eat everything I ate last night +400cals,and still lose 2lbs a week??

There's really only one way you are going to know for sure...

Do or do not. There is no try.
  • WBB55
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    So 2390 is what mfp set for me, but I've decided to keep it around 1200. Yesterday I was right on track, about to have another 300 to round out my 1200 cal day and BAM, friends, booze, and pizza showed up at my door... I dont regret it, but looking back (I dont know how I manage to drink and log, but I somehow do) it says that I STILL could have eaten 400+ more and lost 2lbs per week at that rate...Do you guys really feel MFP is accurate here?? yfnnys0s8xmg.png

1200 calories for a male is extremely low...to low IMO and not healthy at all...I'm all about losing unwanted fat/weight, but I'm even more about being healthy and fit...1200 calories for a male does not fit that bill even remotely...

i lose about 1 Lb per week @ 2500 calories and I'm 5'10" 180...I maintain right around 3,000

it probably seems high because you've never actually looked at calories before. the average male burns around 1,900 calories merely existing...

What makes me frowny face the most is that his protein is probably ~100 every day (I could be wrong, since I can't see his diary past the one day). I'm not someone that says you have to eat 1g:1lb or anything, but I am half his size, probably half his muscle, and I get about that most days. Frowny face for your muscle mass OP.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options

But he feeeeeels.

I feeeeeeeeeels like I'm getting pizza for dinner now!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

But he feeeeeels.
    OxdflTt.gif

I feel it too..

:D
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Because....why not?

I ran 3.5 miles this morning, and another two days this week. Did some upper body circuits yesterday. I eat pizza and sometimes drink. I also eat chicken and vegetables. I meet my nutritional needs. I maintain my deficit. I'm not inferior because I eat pizza.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Because....why not?

No kidding. I'm down with that.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat 2400 calories and see whether you lose 2 pounds a week, rather than seeking opinions on whether it "seems" too high.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

But he feeeeeels.

In for feels!

Um, wait...
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Polite Notice

I've had a cleanup of this thread, if you feel that you don't have a productive or helpful reply to make or that a reply you wish to post would breach community guidelines then please move on to a different thread that holds more appeal you.

The community guidelines can viewed by clicking here.

With respect,
    Adam, MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Reads OP

Sighs

Tuts

I thought you closed your diary because you didn't want people pointing out how crazy and detrimental to your health your VLCD (for your gender and weight) eating patterns were

Wassamatter? Not enough attention?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Because....why not?

No kidding. I'm down with that.

leghump.gif
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    So 2390 is what mfp set for me, but I've decided to keep it around 1200. Yesterday I was right on track, about to have another 300 to round out my 1200 cal day and BAM, friends, booze, and pizza showed up at my door... I dont regret it, but looking back (I dont know how I manage to drink and log, but I somehow do) it says that I STILL could have eaten 400+ more and lost 2lbs per week at that rate...Do you guys really feel MFP is accurate here?? yfnnys0s8xmg.png

2390 does sound way too high, but 1200 is definitely way too low.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Also and I forgot but I'm pretty sure we've previously worked out that you are actually eating around 1800 calories so failing to log properly which is fine when still morbidly obese but will / may cause a problem later on
This discussion has been closed.