How do Often do you weight yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• 218Beth
    218Beth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My scale died a while back but I'm thinking about replacing it. I weigh myself at my Mom's about every 2-4 weeks. Measurements when I feel like it.

But when I did have a working scale, I weighed myself daily, after going to the bathroom and before eating and showering.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Every morning. No clothes, and before food or drink. Measurements once a month. I enjoy seeing the downward trend in weight, but I use the daily weights to see what went wrong the in the previous few days. Too much sodium, not enough water intake, etc.

But as said before, that's not for everyone.
  • Jensenwellington
    Jensenwellington Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Been logging for a week now - so a newbie :-) But I plan on weighing myself very rarely as I know from experience that it can completely stop me and remove any motivation I might have.
    I will be weighing myself no more than once every month or perhaps even less. But only because my focus is on teaching myself to eat healthy and manage portion control then when I do lose weight I will be capable of maintaining. However, it IS harder not to weigh yourself, as you do not get the reward (lower number on scale) which often motivates. What keeps me motivated is then portion control and seeing my healthier choices (diary) instead of seeing my weight loss.
  • Amsterdamjen
    Amsterdamjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Every evening when I change from my clothing to my pajamas. I'm sure everyone on here has said over and over how important it is to weigh yourself at the same time every day. Personally for me, I prefer the evening. To all of you lovelies out there: Have you ever checked the accuracy of your scale by the way? Would you like to know how? Nothing worse than false readings...