How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I forgot the Wetzels Pretzels a couple weeks ago! Shared a couple bags of pretzels bites with friends, one cinnamon sugar and one garlic butter. Wonderful and terrible at the same time. But no regrets.
  • jennibear8504
    Options
    I gave up cokes and fast food in March. Ive done really really good except for chickfila... I get the nuggets (just the 8-count nuggets, nothing else) as a treat every other week or so. I have a hard time with energy drinks, but I'm cutting way back on those too. I've gone from 2-3 full 16oz cans of monster a day to about 1/2-1 every other day (I'm good for the most part but not all the time). I miss french fries!!!! lol With the exception of chickfila, I havent touched other fast food places.... Now junk food on the other hand is a different story :'(

Try the Monster Rehabs. 20 Calories per can and, IMO, taste a hell of a lot better than normal Monsters.

I'm gonna look into that... it might be a really change for me. thanks for the tip!
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not counting pizza? About five years. My gut is all from pizza, beer, and nachos
    Oh yeah, Subway 3-4 times a year when I'm stranded.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ate at Micky D's on April 7th on the way back from Charleston, SC. Had a Filet-o-fish and fries.

Ate at another Mickey D's on 5/25 on the way to a wedding in the NC mountains. Had another Filet-o-fish and fries.

Not much of a fast-fooder anymore.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I had lunch at Chick Fil-A on Wednesday. I eat fast food a few times a week, just stay within your macros
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming Subway counts, so a week or so.

If that doesn't count—as it's just good food fast, not fast food, right?—then I don't even know. I hate fast food. If I want something quick I opt for frozen food over FF. Taco Bell ... hurts. And ... yeah.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    had some French fries from de la place last weekend.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    About 2 hours for me.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My husband and I used to go out for Fast Food all of the time.

It has been over 1 year since we have gone to fast food.

MFP has been a lifesaver for me. When we go out now I make very wise choices.
    We went to Golden Corral last week for Fathers Day.
    I had Salad with Balsamic Dressing, a Little roast Beef and boiled carrots and onions.
    I hit the salad bar and did allow myself to have Vanilla Yogurt Ice Cream.

Came home and next day weighed, figured I put on weight and I had lost 1 pound.
  • Wilderun
    Wilderun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yesterday!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    About 2 hours for me.

Thank you! About the same here. Funny how negative people are about fast food. I don't feel badly at all about my grilled chicken sandwich and side salad with light italian dressing. Fast food doesn't necessarily mean a ton of calories/unhealthy.
  • swbabe33
    swbabe33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If a red velvet cupcake from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is a fast food, then two hours ago. I don't know how we can avoid fast food. The thing for me is to not let it be so many calories that I don't have room (calorie or appetite wise) for good food. That is a struggle since my daily calorie total is 1200.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    umm idk never really kept track
  • awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Options
    Its been over a year for me no lie. I just can't stand fast food. In my opinion homemade meals whether they are healthy or not taste a million times better and they are about half the calories of fast food. I just don't like the greasy disgusting way that fast food just is. I'm not really quite a pizza fan either so..
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been every weekend. Weekend before last, In-n-Out, last weekend Panda Express and one of the best Pizzas I have ever eaten. I'm lucky the nearest In-n-Out is about 20 min away or I would be there WAY more often.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    other than Disney when we had counter service once (that was a month ago) I have not had any sort of fast food in over a year. I cannot eat gluten so fast food is pretty well out for me.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had a yakdonalds on holiday 5 weeks ago. It lived up to its name and I shall probably never eat one again.

When I read posts like this, the first thought I have is that it was probably due to a higher fat content than you consume in your normal diet...

...which leads me to ask if you are consuming enough fat in your diet?

(And no, I am not saying that eating more McDonald's is a way that you should get that fat...just that this incident may be indicative of a different problem.)

Whilst I could do with a bit more good fat in my diet in this case it's just because it wa disgusting. For the last 6 or so months its been the same, I just don't like it anymore. I will quite happily have Burger and fries and I am tomorrow for my treat meal and will enjoy every bit. I just can't stand the fast food chain versions now. Maybe the uk version of yaks is just rubbish?
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of fast food tacos in an airport in March. That was my first fast food for a couple of years, except for falafel in Paris (which is fast food, but not processed, chain-store fast food). When I got fat as a kid, McNuggets and Wendy's Frosties were culprits, but when I got fat again as an adult, it was by eating too much healthy, home-cooked food! Everything in moderation...
  • pkteen
    pkteen Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For me, it was almost a whole year (health issues) but I was on vacation last week and that ruined everything -_- I practically ate it almost everyday.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Subway is definitely fast food in my opinion. Go get a meatball sub with cheese, or a philly steak sub with cheese and mayo and it's every bit as unhealthy as I can eat at Wendy's.

This is a really stupid argument, as it implies that anytime you don't eat out, you are eating healthy.

Of course you CAN eat unhealthy at Subway. You can ALSO eat unhealthy by cooking your own food.

Since you mentioned Wendy's, you CAN also eat perfectly healthy there too. Grilled chicken sandwich and apples as a side....nothing wrong with that at all.

When people (people talking about health and nutrition) are talking about "fast food", they are talking about unhealthy restaurants that typically have ill prepared and unhealthy foods with very little alternative/healthy options.

Even with that definition - I think talking about the global term "fast food" is idiotic and legalistic. The question should just be "when was the last time you ate unhealthy".

You can eat healthy OR unhealthy at a "fast food" restaurant.
    You can eat healthy OR unhealthy at a sit-down restaurant.
    You can eat healthy OR unhealthy at your kitchen table.

It's all about choices YOU make at all of those settings - not about some legalistic and semantic label you decide to put on a dining location.

Umm it's not a 'stupid argument.' Yes, you can eat healthy at Subway and semi-healthy at Wendy's. I'm not arguing that fact. But Subway IS fast food, no matter which way you want to argue it. The topic is "How long has it been since you last had fast food." You say "When people talking about health and nutrition are talking about "fast food", they are talking about unhealthy restaurants that typically have ill prepared and unhealthy foods with very little alternative/healthy options." That's YOUR definition of fast food. Maybe YOU don't consider it fast food, but that doesn't mean it isn't true by definition. You don't get to decide what everyone else means.

As I said in another post, I eat out all the time. I don't need to justify which of my meals are healthy and which ones aren't. I don't judge people for eating out. If you want to ask "when was the last time you ate unhealthy," start your own topic. That wasn't the question I answered.