How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• LeslieT83
    LeslieT83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all are good!

I went to McDonalds this week (grilled chicken sweet chili wrap - 340 calories) and Wendy's last week (single, mustard, pickles and half the bun - 360 calorie).

I've also had QDoba, Noodles, and pizza in the 3 weeks I've been on MFP.

I'm a big believer in variety and moderation, and not making myself crazier. I avoid fries and shakes and such, but I am not at all extreme about anything.

Keep up the good work!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    This morning.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    13 hours
  • LouSteven
    LouSteven Posts: 10
    Options
    I am a former fast-food addict! I haven't eaten out in awhile, but I was taking a class last week and another teacher and I looked at our sandwiches in brown paper bags and both had the instant urge for the McDonald's across the street...grrr, why do they have to be all over the place? Happily, those chicken nuggets and fries tasted nowhere near as good as I remember. Maybe that last meal was the cure!
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    0 days.

Mmmm, Chipotle.

Anyhow, in...

...for superior food choices and the inevitable condescension supporting them.

ETA: I must be doing it wrong. Over the past six months, I have eaten "fast food" an average of once per day. (I rounded to that number. I won't say whether I had to round up or down to get there.)

ETAM: 1430 calories (since I had a serving and a half of guacamole with my steak bowl and chips). That leaves 1560 for later today.

How am I the only person in five pages admitting to eating fast food essentially every day for at least six months? Surely I'm not the only one out there. C'mon, fellow fast food eaters, fess up!

I wouldn't say every day, but several times a week, no doubt. I have been really good about bringing lunches and breakfasts from home to work, but dinner is hard. Husband and I probably order pizza at least once a week, and he gets Chinese food probably once a week, and sometimes I have some of his fried rice. I've also probably gotten a chili at Wendy's at least once a week for the last 3 years. Ironically, I have been avoiding most sandwich shops, which people on this post seems split as to whether that counts as fast food.
  • emilyds
    emilyds Posts: 88
    Options
    A couple weeks I think - I'm sort of addicted to the occasional Jimmy Johns sandwich
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Approximately 22 hours. Chicken nuggets from Chik-Fil-A yesterday. Worth every calorie. I had a Great America Cookie Company cookie for breakfast today, too.

I'm on vacation. Life happens. I don't eat like this all the time, but sometimes I do. I'm not on a diet, I changed my lifestyle. I make healthy choices about 80% of the time, and I'm good with that.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm ..... good question ......

Had Subway last week ...... 6" veggie delight on crusty Italian with red wine vinaigrette ..... fits in my goals, but it's takeout .....

Have one slice of plain cheese pizza once a week with a large tossed salad ....... again, it's takeout, but fits in my goals ......

Then there was FRIED CHICKEN & COLESLAW this week at the BBQ place ...... again, it fits into my daily goals ......

So ........ I exercise & stay within my daily "goals" ..... yet I'm having a little trouble losing this last 10 or so pounds ...... gee, I can't imagine why :laugh:
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Subway isn't "fast food" by the definition that people are using it on a fitness site.

Also - don't beat yourself up if you do have some fast food from time to time. It is perfectly ok to indulge occasionally, and/or to eat fast food if it fits within your calorie and macro goals.

Subway is definitely fast food in my opinion. Go get a meatball sub with cheese, or a philly steak sub with cheese and mayo and it's every bit as unhealthy as I can eat at Wendy's. But I know I'm not winning a badge for NOT eating out, so I don't try to justify where I choose to eat. I travel 50% of the year for work. I probably eat in restaurants more time in a week than some people do in a year when I'm on the road. The weight would certainly come off faster if that wasn't the case, but the scale is moving in the right direction. They say slow & steady wins the race, and I'm going to keep believing that. :)
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    last week had fried chicken and waffles from an irish pub (weirdest but best combo ever!)

it was a cheat day and it was sooo freaking good....

hit the gym hard the next day hehe
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I really don't count Subway as fast food when I get one of the low fat options, have only mustard for a sauce and skip the chips and soda. As far as other places, I've had fast food less than 5 times in 2013.

How does fat content determine if something is fast food? Either it's from a fast food place or it isn't. (anything from Subway is)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I notice many people are listing pizza. I didn't really consider pizza because waiting 45-60 min for delivery doesn't = fast. But then I remembered Little Ceasar's. I can't remember exactly when the last time I got a hot and ready pizza but it's probably only been 6 months or so.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    i say about 2-3 weeks!!
  • toddx318
    toddx318 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Subway is definitely fast food in my opinion. Go get a meatball sub with cheese, or a philly steak sub with cheese and mayo and it's every bit as unhealthy as I can eat at Wendy's.

This is a really stupid argument, as it implies that anytime you don't eat out, you are eating healthy.

Of course you CAN eat unhealthy at Subway. You can ALSO eat unhealthy by cooking your own food.

Since you mentioned Wendy's, you CAN also eat perfectly healthy there too. Grilled chicken sandwich and apples as a side....nothing wrong with that at all.

When people (people talking about health and nutrition) are talking about "fast food", they are talking about unhealthy restaurants that typically have ill prepared and unhealthy foods with very little alternative/healthy options.

Even with that definition - I think talking about the global term "fast food" is idiotic and legalistic. The question should just be "when was the last time you ate unhealthy".

You can eat healthy OR unhealthy at a "fast food" restaurant.
    You can eat healthy OR unhealthy at a sit-down restaurant.
    You can eat healthy OR unhealthy at your kitchen table.

It's all about choices YOU make at all of those settings - not about some legalistic and semantic label you decide to put on a dining location.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had a double Whopper and fries last week while I was on vacation! Tasted SO good but I paid for it later because my stupid intestines are stupid and they hate me just as much as I hate them, apparently! :grumble:

My stomach no longer likes fast food either! Use to eat it all the time and now the thought of the pain, gas, etc. keeps me away
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had a yakdonalds on holiday 5 weeks ago. It lived up to its name and I shall probably never eat one again.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    good job! 45 days is great.
    I've never been able to consistently give up fast food, but I haven't ever really tried too hard either.
    I had Pollo Tropical for dinner last night, I'd count that as fast food! I eat fast food several times a week usually, not super budget friendly but it's easy!
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE FATSFOOD

gif+happy+dance.gif
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    About 7 seconds ago. Currently eating a bowl from Chipotle. I have fast food at least once a week. It's generally Chipotle, Jimmy Johns, or Panera. Chipotle and Panera aren't really that bad since I do bowls and salads. But I just can't resist that Jimmy Johns bread every now and then...they may or may not know me by my order and have it already going when they see me walking in. No harm in weekend treats.

Scratch that, now I'm back a 1 second. Took a bite.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I used to be the biggest fast food addict, other than having a burger with no bun, or a salad. I haven't went to a fast food place and ordered a meal in over 2 and a half years!