How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Had this:

0uVEj2v.jpg

a few weeks ago.

Along with fries. And chicken wings. And beer*

(*disclaimer: I eat this kind of stuff in the context of an otherwise healthy and balanced diet most of the time ;)

You are my hero!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Not since I was in California this January; it'd be a different story if there were In N Out burgers in the south though :love: . That and I discovered I'm a pretty fantastic cook.

Just so you know, there are In-N-Out Burger places in Texas.

Also, I got drunk a few nights ago and had whataburger. But if I barely remember it, it doesn't count, right?

Texas isn't southern, it's own entity. With delicious tex-mex food. And no, it totally doesn't count if you're smashed haha.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I had a Subway Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sub. A few months ago I tried one of the new flat bread wraps from Wendy's that tasted so nasty. Everyone I talked to said they didn't care for them either.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    A half hour ago. My weekly Mcdonald's. Premium Chicken and Bacon wrap. 460 calories. I still have 1520 calories left to eat today now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I had a 6 piece nuggets from McD's on Sunday. I am 100% well aware that they are deep fried beaks and a**holes and sawdust, but I don't care. They're delicious.
    lol....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The last fast food I had was about sometime last summer (I don't remember the exact date or month). I had gone to an outlet mall with my daughter and we stopped as Wendy's on the way back.

I bring my lunch to work so cravings at lunch are not a problem for me. No fast food can complete with my cooking.

I pretty much only eat fast food when traveling and we want something we can eat in the car. Even then we often just grab some nuts or chips at a c-store. If I'm going out to eat I go to a sit down restaurant.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    One month ago I had Mcdonalds double cheesburger plain and a small fry.......yummy!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    A few days ago. That reminds me, I need to update my ticker for that pound of me that seems to have magically disappeared. Oh wait, there was nothing magical about it. I ate at a deficit despite having fast food pop up in my diary from time to time.
    Wait a minute...you mean you can actually eat fast food occasionally within the context of a well-rounded diet and still lose weight???

SehIf.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWY7_W8meeTn35T57kmrATgdTfphT7vGlOCmYFewa4w_BPbKQqR_6Hh7Ll
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So I used to be a huge fast food junkie (I had it at least once a day). Since starting on MFP, I haven't had fast food for 45 days (I don't include pizza that I get every now and again, though maybe I should haha).

It's been really cool to not eat this stuff everyday, and even cooler to realize that I don't think about cheating with the stuff any more.

..Though I guess now as I post this, I could go for some Taco Bell :D.

I think eating breakfast and snacks up before my lunch has really helped curb the cravings, so I don't go into the lunch hour starving and thinking about cheeseburgers and chicken!

Anyone else feel the same way?

2 weeks ago..its good every once in a while
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Fast Food yesterday, subway. New years resolution was to not eat at McDonalds all year and have not yet in 2013 (as much as it ticks off the kids : ))
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Not since 1/1/2013 when I joined MFP. I do have pizza, but I make my own and its a dough free recipe.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    About 3 weeks. We were on vacation for 2 weeks, so we stopped at a few places.. Before that I am not sure. We rarely eat out and when we do I prefer having something other than McDonalds.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I had a Subway Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sub. A few months ago I tried one of the new flat bread wraps from Wendy's that tasted so nasty. Everyone I talked to said they didn't care for them either.

I really don't count Subway as fast food when I get one of the low fat options, have only mustard for a sauce and skip the chips and soda. As far as other places, I've had fast food less than 5 times in 2013.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest I had taco bell the other day but I did have it fresco style which helps with calories...I have been bringing extra healthy snacks and turkey to eat on my way home instead of stopping off at fast food places, it helps money wise and calorie wise...my drive is 45 minutes one way and I pass quite a few fast food places but if I eat right before leaving work or in the car on the way home I'm good...taco bell was a treat for my youngest daughter:)
  • tatster84
    tatster84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting over today did a work out and figured Wendys chicken sandwich with a side salad cant be that bad....Wendys spicy chicken = 540 calories...OUCH! thank jesus I worked out today I didnot ruin my calorie intake but my god imagine my suprise at that number lol
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza's and my own "KFC" so I'm not missing out. I use lower cal ingredients and no oil. does the trick :)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I really don't eat any fast food! I don't trust the cooks and the maintenance of the fast food joints. Once in a while I will order a pizza from pizzahut and that is only if I don't feel like cooking. I know the people there too so I know that I am getting good food. lol
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    Monday I had arby's and yeasterday I had burger king. I eat FF two or three times a week. Been maintaining for two years and I have been able to control my health issues completely with diet and exercise and yes that includes fast food.
  • smichelle65
    smichelle65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    About a month. YOU try living one mile from an In 'N Out Burger and not visiting it!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. What time is it?