Replies

• VictoriaHazelwood
    VictoriaHazelwood Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm down! I'm 5'10" and weighed in at 250 at the doctor yesterday
  • nancynelson182
    nancynelson182 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was injured 5 years ago. Mostly sat around crying and eating since. I'm 48. 5'6" 210lb. Ultimate goal is 145, would be ecstatic to lose 10 or more by Halloween. I've been using this app off and on for a month. I mostly need food and nutrition advice. This is my first attempt at weight loss and physical rehab. Looking forward to sharing this challenge with all of you!

• jln909
    jln909 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jessica and I'm joining this Challenge! I wanna look good for myself and for my boyfriend.

Height: 5'5''
    Starting Weight: 202.4
    Current Weight: 192.0

I've already lost 10 lbs, and my goal is to be 175 by Halloween!

• saavedra26
    saavedra26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will also join. This will be my first challenge and will give it my best. I'm 44yo, 5'9", 279lbs. I have been using MFP for 6 weeks and have lost 21lbs. My goal for this challenge is 20 lbs. Overall weight goal is to get down to 200 lbs. Started running/walking 6 weeks ago and will be running in my first 5K this weekend and am very excited. I'm open to anyone who would like to be friends.
  • Makingachangeforlife
    Options
    I need some inspiration and this just might be it. I lost 60lbs, but have put 15 back on due to a knee injury and I'm not happy at all. I'm 45, 5'9" and 185 lbs. I look forward to the challenge to eating right and moving! Let's do this!!!
  • mlmalley
    mlmalley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I'm 43, 5'8", and weigh 189 pounds. This is the most I have ever weighed outside of my two pregnancies. My goal weight is 160, and I need something to motivate me to stay healthy and active ~ this challenge is just what I need!!
  • lilie710
    lilie710 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will join! I'm 5'8" 210lbs at my last weigh in 28 years old...although I will be 29 when the challenge ends

That cut off half of my post.

I am also 11 weeks postpartum and having a hard time getting the scale to move. I hope to lose at least 10.

Are you breastfeeding? when I had my daughter I was able to lose 31lbs but then gained 12 back and stayed there for 5 months... your body goes into survival mode. hope this helps.
  • lilie710
    lilie710 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I´m game!!! are we doing a weigh in weekly?

Starting weight: 234
    Current Weight: 212
    Goal Weight: 145-150

hoping to be at 190lbs by 31OCT. LET´S DO THIS!!!!
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'll join. This will be my first challenge and will be a good short goal! Good luck everyone!

H: 5'6"
    CW: 244
    HGW (Halloween Goal Weight): 224
  • wondermaggie
    wondermaggie Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have never done a group challenge on MFP but am super excited to do this one! What do I need to do?!

Nevermind, I figured it out! For those who are new to MFP, go to groups and you'll see the new groups and you can find the Halloween Challenge in there. Or you can search groups by typing Halloween Challenge in the search box. YOu will see this group come up and you can join in there.

~Ang
  • crsheilah
    crsheilah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll join also. I'm 73 (next month) and weigh 160. I always have trouble getting below the 160 mark! I'm 5'3" and hope to lose 6# by Halloween. I'd make that figure higher except I'm going on vacation for two weeks in September, LOL. My ultimate goal is to lose 25#.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Im in, 203 I hope to be 170ish by then
  • abc63
    abc63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Ok I think I have this thread thing down now!! I'm Amy and I am really excited to join my first challenge. I'm 5'2", weigh 210, & I am 51---past time to get his weight off!! Goal weight for Halloween is 199 ( haven't been <200 in 15 yr
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    lilie710 wrote: »
    I will join! I'm 5'8" 210lbs at my last weigh in 28 years old...although I will be 29 when the challenge ends

That cut off half of my post.

I am also 11 weeks postpartum and having a hard time getting the scale to move. I hope to lose at least 10.

Are you breastfeeding? when I had my daughter I was able to lose 31lbs but then gained 12 back and stayed there for 5 months... your body goes into survival mode. hope this helps.

I am breastfeeding and I think at first my body was going into survival mode due to sticking around 1400 cal/day with exercise. I've since upped it to 1700-1900 cal/day and saw inches and pounds gone for 2 weeks but now I'm stuck again.

Everyone said the pounds would melt off while breastfeeding. That has not been the case for me.
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    abc63 wrote: »
    Ok I think I have this thread thing down now!! I'm Amy and I am really excited to join my first challenge. I'm 5'2", weigh 210, & I am 51---past time to get his weight off!! Goal weight for Halloween is 199 ( haven't been <200 in 15 yr

That is a great goal! I weigh the same and hope to be in one-derland come Halloween as well. Good luck to you! Feel free to add me if you'd like!

• stephguz22
    stephguz22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join :)

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 150.6

Hopefully I can lose the 2 pounds/week!!! Thank you!
  • carolinagirl919
    carolinagirl919 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I want to join this challenge. I'm participating in a "Biggest Loser" contest at work and we've been doing weekly weigh-ins on Friday since the start of August. The competition ends before Halloween, so this challenge will only help me stay accountable.
  • hevans120786
    hevans120786 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This fits in with my goals perfectly!

I’m 5’2” and my CW is 145 lbs
    10/01 GW-137 lbs
    10/31 GW- 131 lbs

Ultimate goal weight- 127 lbs

• Anabbee
    Anabbee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, looking forward to some group motivation!

5'11 209lbs

Oct 31 goal 195lbs
  • grammy135
    grammy135 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for my first challenge. I'm Debi, I'm 5'9", 54 yrs old, I weighed 219 at the end of Feb. and was diagnosed with diabetes and was very sick from complications, and was off work for about 3 months. Since March 1st I have lost 39 lbs and have 15 to go to get to My target of 165lbs.