Try exercising with a gun in your bra

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Not that bad! But if I tell him about something or someone odd that I saw while I was running, I will often see him driving "through" my running route (when I'm out for a run) for the next few days. Never seen the man run so many "errands" in my life.

Not that bad?

That's madness!!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I decided to teach my wife to shoot shortly after we started dating seriously. I wanted to make sure she was safe and figured she didn't have much experience. I went through a full safety lecture with my Glock, worked with her on her stance, etc. She patiently listened, nodded her head the entire time and never asked a question. When I was finished 'splain'n things to the little lady I took her to the range where she proceed to put round after round through the same hole. I've honestly never seen anything like it save for a friend who was an Army sniper. She then told me, yea, her uncle had given her the same lecture and taught her how to shoot when she was quite young. So yea, if anyone ever breaks into our house I'm handing her the pistol.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I go out with my bulldog, he's all the protection I need. People walk on the other side of the road.....

Any one who crosses the street because of a bully has never had one!!! And how did you get him to run? I had a hard time getting my girls to walk to the door to go outside!!!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    lol. I know this is not the point of the post...but a .22 for CCW is virtually useless.

ETA: To return a little closer to the point of this post, consider something like this if you're going to continue carrying:
    http://www.undertechundercover.com/index.php/featured-category/undertech-travel-safe-women-s-shorts.html#
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada.

You are awesome! (So do I :wink: )
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    I am from a very small community and crime was never an issue or a real concern of mine. A few years ago we moved to a heavily populated area on the west coast. Since we have been here, my spouse has become shall I say paranoid, maybe? I literally cannot go out jogging without our old faithful dog who is 8 and although he has bursts of puppy enthusiasm, he would much rather slow down to smell the roses. I have been armed with a taser for my purse, a knife for my coat pocket and just yesterday he presented me with a .22 long barrel revolver (it's a mini) with a bra holster, so I can be safe. I have a concealed weapons permit so packing is not the issue that I have. If, in fact, I were in danger I would probably shoot off a booby whilst stabbing my side and tasing my *kitten*. Does anyone else have a paranoid spouse?

I just had to say this...man am I glad I don't live in the US! Madness :happy:
    The mind boggles... Really hope you don't taze/blow off some bit of your anatomy tho, but then it keeps the trauma surgeons in business :wink:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I go out with my bulldog, he's all the protection I need. People walk on the other side of the road.....

I wish that happened to me. I have an english bulldog (he's huge and looks like a beast), and people will cross the street to run over and love on him. He's never shown an ounce of aggression, but for some reason I'm paranoid that he'll bite someone, so I just tell everyone to stay back because he's aggressive (all the while he's wagging his little stub ready to play).

In my neck of the woods, I think the word is out that bulldogs are one of the most docile breeds around and they look 100% meaner than they actually are. :frown:

Anyway, back on topic.

I thought my fiance was paranoid when it came to me and my safety! He obviously loves you and if it doesn't bother you, then I guess that's all that matters. Just be careful with all those weapons. (your op was one of the few that actually made me laugh out loud)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Not that bad! But if I tell him about something or someone odd that I saw while I was running, I will often see him driving "through" my running route (when I'm out for a run) for the next few days. Never seen the man run so many "errands" in my life.

Not that bad?

That's madness!!!

Nah. My route is a big circle that crosses the main road out of our neighborhood. He doesn't drive beside me in a panel van, I just see him on that main road. Plus my route is about as suburban as it gets, and the houses are about 6" apart from each other. I think the most dangerous thing I encounter on a regular basis is a pair of 4 year old girls insisting I join their Barbie tea party. It messes with my pace something fierce.

The few times I have seen something or someone odd, I've been a little spooked. So it's kind of funny, but actually makes me feel a little safer to see him on that road.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a paranoid spouse?

Wow. Well, luckily, since you're in a more densely populated place, there are people you can talk to about your opinion of his desire to help you be provided the tools to protect yourself.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    lol. I know this is not the point of the post...but a .22 for CCW is virtually useless.

ETA: To return a little closer to the point of this post, consider something like this if you're going to continue carrying:
    http://www.undertechundercover.com/index.php/featured-category/undertech-travel-safe-women-s-shorts.html#

^This on both points. :drinker:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Get one of those tiny .380 and stick it in a fanny pack.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    That paranoid attitude is getting out of hand. I'm ashamed to live in a country where people think it's ok to carry guns (oh but it's the Americains rights!!!!).
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    he works in public transportation and gets to see a load of things most of us usually do not get to witness. I think it is good to be aware of your surroundings but......:huh:

do YOU feel safe on your runs? forget what he has said and told you anything make you nervous ? and if he hadn't asked you to carry weapons would you have have decided yourself to do this?

also has he enrolled you in krav maga classes yet ??!! = )
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you want to carry while you are out for a run, do it. But he can't make you carry if you aren't comfortable doing so. I'm unsure from your OP if you feel like you really need to carry or not.

As a female who carries pretty much 24/7 I have to say that a) carrying in the bra is a poor choice both tactically and safety wise and b) you need a more appropriate gun to run with if you're carrying for self-defense.

My jogging gun is an airweight .38 with a hammer shroud, so it's light and won't catch on clothing when I have to draw.
    Basically it's a belly gun, meaning it is for close quarters protection and with the +P+ rounds I carry, will do the job.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I am from a very small community and crime was never an issue or a real concern of mine. A few years ago we moved to a heavily populated area on the west coast. Since we have been here, my spouse has become shall I say paranoid, maybe? I literally cannot go out jogging without our old faithful dog who is 8 and although he has bursts of puppy enthusiasm, he would much rather slow down to smell the roses. I have been armed with a taser for my purse, a knife for my coat pocket and just yesterday he presented me with a .22 long barrel revolver (it's a mini) with a bra holster, so I can be safe. I have a concealed weapons permit so packing is not the issue that I have. If, in fact, I were in danger I would probably shoot off a booby whilst stabbing my side and tasing my *kitten*. Does anyone else have a paranoid spouse?

I just had to say this...man am I glad I don't live in the US! Madness :happy:
    The mind boggles... Really hope you don't taze/blow off some bit of your anatomy tho, but then it keeps the trauma surgeons in business :wink:

lolz - another clueless poster who is clueless about firearms
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If I was going to carry for self defense I think I'd want something a little more substantial than a .22 but I digress.

You didn't mention how much experience you have with handguns. If they're fairly new to you spend some time on the range to get really comfortable with it (.22 ammo is dirt cheap so you can blast off as many rounds as your heart desires) - there's a reason law enforcement and military types spend so much time at the range - other than the fact that shooting is a lot of fun your firearm has to become 2nd nature to you if it's to be useful.

Hopefully you'll never have the occasion to take it out of its holster (except at the range)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If I was going to carry for self defense I think I'd want something a little more substantial than a .22 but I digress.

You didn't mention how much experience you have with handguns. If they're fairly new to you spend some time on the range to get really comfortable with it (.22 ammo is dirt cheap so you can blast off as many rounds as your heart desires) - there's a reason law enforcement and military types spend so much time at the range - other than the fact that shooting is a lot of fun your firearm has to become 2nd nature to you if it's to be useful.

Hopefully you'll never have the occasion to take it out of its holster (except at the range)

QFT
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You just need machine gun jubblies

tumblr_l8cs8ajvbf1qbbpaoo1_500.gif

HA
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options

He loves you and wants you to be safe... if youre not comfortable with that holster, try others till you find one you like... I carry mine (sig P238) in a fannypack holster under my shirt and I never notice it during my run.. :-)