Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Newp.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A good friend who is otherwise a very normal, rational financially savvy person has been hooked on Isagenix for 2 years. I cannot stand to be around this person anymore and that is really sad because we were such great friends and he is very intelligent. Despite his intelligence, he has turned into a walking Isagenix commercial that turns every single conversation into their products. You can't talk about anything else.

He has lost 80 pounds and is in the best shape of his life at 45, easily. He has literally exchanged every single meal and snack for an Isagenix product. He has Isa coffee, Isa shakes, Isa brownies, Isa cookies, Isa energy shots. He ate a BBQ pork chop and corn on the cob on the weekend and mentioned on Facebook that it was the first unhealthy thing he ate in about 10 days. What he means is that it was the first time he ate food in 10 days.

He spent thousands on his trip to their convention in San Diego a few weeks ago, but will make a rambling FB post about how amazing "his company" is and how good they treat him when they sent him a free t-shirt. When all his "Isa friends" whom he has never met comment on his posts it's like watching a crazy cult.

He has spent hundreds on ads and different ways to market it and has clients from all over the world. He is apparently able to make a living off this as he is considering closing his very successful small business that he was, up until last year, very passionate about, to sell Isagenix full time. The whole thing is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen in my life and is terrifying.

I have a friend from high school I had to block on FB and Instagram because of the non stop promotion. It is isa everything, and she was just in San Diego as well. They must be doing some super promo now with back to school because I finally unfollowed the Instagram this week. I keep wanting to comment on her posts to tell ppl to lose weight for free with MFP
  • tquinn27
    tquinn27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been on Isagenix since mid June and have lost 34.7 pounds. It is easy and flexible. Most days I sub 2 meals for a shake and then I have a regular meal following the paleo way of eating. Sometimes I have a shake for Breakfast, eat lunch and dinner, the have a shake for dessert. It has worked out very well for me.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it and do not trust any weight loss supplements. I just read about the clinical study that Isagenix paid for and yes, it was a peer reviewed, but when it was looked at through a closer lens, the results were uninterpretable. Basically it did not offer any benefits over other calorie restricted diets. Add to that the fact that it is not regulated and who knows what is actually in the products, I think it is a waste of money.

Most of the positive reviews on Amazon were written by people who push the product (reps) and most of the negative reviews said the same thing as the analysis of the study: you lose weight on it because it makes you starve yourself. Even with the shakes the average calorie intake is around 1,000 calories. And, like most weight loss programs, people gained the weight right back after stopping.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    tquinn27 wrote: »
    I have been on Isagenix since mid June and have lost 34.7 pounds. It is easy and flexible. Most days I sub 2 meals for a shake and then I have a regular meal following the paleo way of eating. Sometimes I have a shake for Breakfast, eat lunch and dinner, the have a shake for dessert. It has worked out very well for me.

Are you going to drink shakes instead of eating real food for the rest of your life?