13»

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    neeks325 wrote: »
    vismal wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, 5'10 182 lbs with a 41 inch waist doesn't seem right. I was over 300 lbs when I hit 40'. Grant it I am a bit taller than you, 6'1, but still. Did you measure yourself or is that just your jean size?
    Hey that is my waist circumference, not my pants size. My pants are a size 34.

Don't men's pants go by waist size (ie: 34" waist = size 34 pants)? If so, you're wearing your pants low, like a lot of guys with big bellies.
    They call it waist measurement, but it's really the hips. Very few men wear their pants at their navel, which is basically the waist.

• golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It probably is not good.

When I got to size 38" pants at a height of 5'11", that was a time for me to start focusing on reducing my weight. I had lost enough to now wear size 32"/34" pants.

As a side note, one thing I noticed is that vanity sizing applies to men's clothing as well. I measured my waist with a measuring tape and I am now down to 34". But, I can fit in some size 32" pants and I have one pair of size 36" jeans that are 15 years old that fit the same as my current 34" pants. Kind of frustrating....

JB
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    golfmonk wrote: »
    It probably is not good.

When I got to size 38" pants at a height of 5'11", that was a time for me to start focusing on reducing my weight. I had lost enough to now wear size 32"/34" pants.

As a side note, one thing I noticed is that vanity sizing applies to men's clothing as well. I measured my waist with a measuring tape and I am now down to 34". But, I can fit in some size 32" pants and I have one pair of size 36" jeans that are 15 years old that fit the same as my current 34" pants. Kind of frustrating....

JB
    My Wranglers are pretty much spot on, regardless of how old they are, so that's another thing they have going for them.

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Well, if your waist circumference is 41 but you are wearing 34 jeans, that probably just means that your beer gut is hanging out over your pants. 17 pounds x 3500 calories per pound means you drank 59,500 calories of booze. Might be time for a change.

Thank you for explaining that. I thought either I or the OP was very very confused.