Just sayin'.

Options
124»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Let's look at it in a different perspective.

What if it's not just about losing weight? What if it's about overall health?
    Overall health isn't just about food. One could eat PERFECT and still be unhealthy if they are still overweight/obese, have high stress, are surrounded by bad environment (smog, chemical factory, etc.), bad genetics, prone to disease, high risk behavior (smoking or drugs), lack of sleep, lack of exercise, totally unhappy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I completely agree with that statement, but eating unhealthily does play a part in that.
    But you haven't defined eating unhealthy. Let's say I have a 300 calorie cheese burger from McDonald's daily, but still achieve my correct macro/micro nutrients and stay with a correct calorie count................how does that cheese burger affect my health? Remember correct macros which means I'm not exceeding my fats or carbs for the day.

IDEA Fitness member
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Overall health isn't just about food. One could eat PERFECT and still be unhealthy if they are still overweight/obese, have high stress, are surrounded by bad environment (smog, chemical factory, etc.), bad genetics, prone to disease, high risk behavior (smoking or drugs), lack of sleep, lack of exercise, totally unhappy.

IDEA Fitness member

I completely agree with that statement, but eating unhealthily does play a part in that.
    But you haven't defined eating unhealthy. Let's say I have a 300 calorie cheese burger from McDonald's daily, but still achieve my correct macro/micro nutrients and stay with a correct calorie count................how does that cheese burger affect my health? Remember correct macros which means I'm not exceeding my fats or carbs for the day.

IDEA Fitness member

That's completely fine. Remember, I am talking about eating McDonald's multiple times per day.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

That's completely fine. Remember, I am talking about eating McDonald's multiple times per day.

The positional linguistic gymnastics in this thread so far are fascinating to watch.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well, this was fun.

Goodnight. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I really hate it when people ask questions such as "Why am I not losing weight?", "Why haven't I made any progress in X amount of time?", etc. Don't get me wrong; plateaus obviously exist, and for the record, they are very frustrating. However, if you're someone who eats fast food multiple times per week or even multiple times per day, you shouldn't be questioning why you aren't losing weight.

I'm a firm believer in eating the not-so-healthy foods you love in moderation, but when it becomes an every day routine, that's when you have to realize that you truly are not giving your all. That's when it's time to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track.

Just my two cents.

so far, thats a statement..... although it is relatively well written and states a position, im still waiting.... for the question.

what's the question?

There is no question.

why would you post a statement without a question? is there meant to be a rebuttal?
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options

that definitely changes things. I'm no whistleblower and could care less, but will point out that making a thread to mock another thread is one of those big no-no's.

I'm no whistle blower either. Except I have counted 2 or 3 "regulars" like yourself on this thread who have in the past week posted mock threads of other threads. Give the kid a break, she's learning.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

that definitely changes things. I'm no whistleblower and could care less, but will point out that making a thread to mock another thread is one of those big no-no's.

I'm no whistle blower either. Except I have counted 2 or 3 "regulars" like yourself on this thread who have in the past week posted mock threads of other threads. Give the kid a break, she's learning.

Care to point out where I've created a thread to mock a thread? No? Didn't think so. And, I wasn't giving her a hard time. I was stating a fact.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

Just have to tell you that it can be done. You do know that lots of Olympic athletes eat fast food/high calorie foods (usually high in fat/salt) because there's no way they could intake the amount of calories needed eating clean? Michael Phelps is a good example. To eat 9,000 calories in a day eating "clean" would mean eating on the hour and being full all the time. How would he train or compete being on a full stomach? And since they do this way, would you call them unhealthy?

IDEA Fitness member
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

How about let's keep it in context, which was you stating that people were wondering why they were not losing or on a plateau. They weren't saying "why isn't my overall health excellent?" They were saying "why am I not losing weight?" This called "moving the goalposts."
  • PhattiPhat
    Options

Care to point out where I've created a thread to mock a thread? No? Didn't think so. And, I wasn't giving her a hard time. I was stating a fact.

No. Didn't say you made one. Re-read. Pointing out the fact that she made a "mock thread" in the chit chat section where dozens of regs like yourself do all day long....yeah I do think that was busting her balls a bit. Even if it was factual. Nevertheless, I'm sure she'll think twice next time.
    Options

No. Didn't say you made one. Re-read. Pointing out the fact that she made a "mock thread" in the chit chat section where dozens of regs like yourself do all day long....yeah I do think that was busting her balls a bit. Even if it was factual. Nevertheless, I'm sure she'll think twice next time.

hmm, I didn't point it out from the blue. It was actually in response to her saying...
    Okay, I made this post because I just read another thread in which a woman was asking why she wasn't losing weight when a majority of her diary entries consisted of fast food for each meal.

Was it a little over the top for me to take the time to make a whole new post about it? Of course.

Sorry I didn't quote that in my initial response where I made the comment in reference to that. I'm not a "reg" that creates those types of threads. So, next time, stalk better. :flowerforyou:
  • PhattiPhat
    Options

hmm, I didn't point it out from the blue. It was actually in response to her saying...
    Okay, I made this post because I just read another thread in which a woman was asking why she wasn't losing weight when a majority of her diary entries consisted of fast food for each meal.

Was it a little over the top for me to take the time to make a whole new post about it? Of course.

Sorry I didn't quote that in my initial response where I made the comment in reference to that. I'm not a "reg" that creates those types of threads. So, next time, stalk better. :flowerforyou:

Lurk? Most certainly! Stalk....no, girlfriend. Not me. However I will be looking for your crusading on mock threads from now on :tongue:
    Options

Lurk? Most certainly! Stalk....no, girlfriend. Not me. However I will be looking for your crusading on mock threads from now on :tongue:

I genuinely don't care and wouldn't have said anything, had she not pointed out the reason behind creating this one. :tongue: You can usually find me standing up for others. Or, cracking jokes in the real joke threads. :laugh:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Who do you know that actually has a solely cheeseburger diet? These arguments that people make are silly because I highly doubt that a person who is not overweight is actually eating cheeseburgers (or whatever fast food/junk food you want to use) all day or as the majority of their diet.

I dare you to do it.
    It's been done.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Granted, Twinkies aren't cheeseburgers, but they do adhere to the 'chemicals and saturated fats' complaint - with tons of extra sugar to boot!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Who do you know that actually has a solely cheeseburger diet? These arguments that people make are silly because I highly doubt that a person who is not overweight is actually eating cheeseburgers (or whatever fast food/junk food you want to use) all day or as the majority of their diet.

I dare you to do it.
    It's been done.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Granted, Twinkies aren't cheeseburgers, but they do adhere to the 'chemicals and saturated fats' complaint - with tons of extra sugar to boot!

ahh... well it kind of has been done.. average of 2-3 big macs a day, thats 1/2 to 2/3 of his caloric intake

25,000 Big Macs: burger a day keeps the doctor away (since 1972, 34 years)
    McDonald's restaurant in Wisconsin unfurls banner to mark loyal customer Don Gorske's 25,000th burger

ku-xlarge.jpg

so yeh. what were you saying? does a big mac count as junk? its like 2 cheeseburgers with mayo per serve.

source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/may/18/mcdonalds-customer-eats-25000-big-macs
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    O______o'

A Big Mac was $3.57 in 2008... if someone did that today, they would spend a total of $89,250 on Big Macs.