No, You Do Not Have to Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day

Options
1235»

Replies

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It usually takes about 8 glasses to get your urine to show you are not dehydrated.
    Not for me. I drink about 4 cups per day and I am near clear all the time.

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My hydration needs fluctuate, due to physical activity, TOM, heat & food/beverage consumption (some consumables, make me thirsty). I typically consume about 2 when I am bedridden, 4 when I'm housebound & 6 cups of water daily when I am able to exercise and/or go outdoors & that also includes, water from my food/beverages. I have always been an eater, more than a drinker. Unless I am actually thirsty or just crave the taste, I rarely order beverages; when I go out to eat & when I was a child, it would lead to waiters/waitresses bringing me a free beverage because I guess they just thought that, my Mom couldn't afford it; as to why I didn't order 1 or my Mother, ordering 1 for me.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    What if my urine is this color?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWEEWyIFxQNXhRN2B9i2tZdTiex1xjfm3RfPwQO5mC6l3ZOXeN

(Full disclosure - I'm 1/4 Martian)

13-HHB-1407-The-Color-of-Pee-Infographic_FNL-finalnm.jpg

Obviously you received a rare genetic mutation due to your 1/4 martian lineage.

Actually this chart is not 100% accurate. There is such thing as purple urine, but it is very rare and only happen to those who you catheters.

Dang, you beat me to it! I have a friend who is nurse who was just talking about this the other day!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I drink a ridiculous amount of water, but I'm always thirsty.

My neurologist has me on (among other things) a vitamin cocktail for my migraines which includes high doses of Vitamin B2.

That makes for VERY yellow pee.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of water on my job, but I almost got fired because I had to go pee so much. Now I just drink when I'm thirsty. Makes more sense that way.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I drink a LOT of fluids through the day. So much that I call the bathroom my "office" at work. I have always been like this though. My pee is usually clear by the end of the night.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    What if my urine is this color?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWEEWyIFxQNXhRN2B9i2tZdTiex1xjfm3RfPwQO5mC6l3ZOXeN

(Full disclosure - I'm 1/4 Martian)

13-HHB-1407-The-Color-of-Pee-Infographic_FNL-finalnm.jpg

Obviously you received a rare genetic mutation due to your 1/4 martian lineage.

Mine's green when I eat an entire jar of dill pickles. Something to do with the huge amount of vinegar.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    For better or for worse I drink at least 8 to 9 16.9oz bottles of water a day. I live in a very hot climate and I exercise outside. For me, yes I do need a lot of water.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people are misinterpreting this to say "You don't need as much water as you are drinking". That's not it at all, it's simply saying "You don't need to be forcing yourself to drink water based on an arbitrary number, unless you want to or feel the physical need to".
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people are misinterpreting this to say "You don't need as much water as you are drinking". That's not it at all, it's simply saying "You don't need to be forcing yourself to drink water based on an arbitrary number, unless you want to or feel the physical need to".

200_s.gif
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Thank you! xo