SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING IN SEPTEMBER 2015

Options
September is here!!

Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• jessieleighscimeca
    Options
    Great idea! I have always had trouble with late night snacking!
  • Jplum0504
    Jplum0504 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    From 7- bed is my worst time to snack!!! HELP
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,096 Member
    Options
    I may not be able to post every day on the thread this month, but will be keeping track and posting when I can.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This has been my biggest downfall the past couple months and it's stalled my weight loss. I'm happy to find this group!!!

My goal is to eat nothing after 7.

Good luck everyone!

• Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this month, will set my goals when I finish August challenge. Welcome new joiners, I have shown improvement the last 2 months, so good luck to you all. Cheers, Marian
  • BeckyEhrenberg
    BeckyEhrenberg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd love to participate! Night hours are he worst for me! They are always when I finally sit down to watch tv or something around 8 or 9. This is when the sweets craving hits!
  • cindylou234
    cindylou234 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest downfall! It's why I think I have gained 15 in the last year.
  • carbak12392
    carbak12392 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want one right now. Any tips on how to get past the craving?
  • weirdingwayward
    weirdingwayward Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I know it's not a matter of impossibility, but it sure feels impossible to stop sometimes - this is a great idea to help. Accountability!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm in. LNS will be eating anything after a planned post-dinner snack. I get one snack that is pre-set and anything else constitutes a violation - a violation results is a LNS mark! I will declare what the pre-set snack is at a time before dinner and I will choose to eat or not eat the snack after dinner so that it is isn't something I have to negotiate or consider very hard.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,927 Member
    Options
    I'm so in AGAIN!!!!! This last week has been awful plus this weekend hubby and I went to a bed and breakfast, our first! We spent 3 days but during it we we're involved in the big heavy weather in Washington State. We just had 70 mph winds not much rain though!

So this weekend was a lot of food and no exercise, :( Today, I was right on with diet and workout! Plus it's 10:15 and NO snacking! We ALL can do this!!!!!!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,096 Member
    Options
    New month! New start! In August I beat LNS 24:2 and had a streak of 19 days. Let's see if I can do better this month.

Goals for September /b]
    • I will not eat after 9 pm Monday to Friday
    • I will not eat after 10pm on Saturday/Sunday
    • I will drink a glass of water before i eat any scheduled treat

:sunglasses: Good luck to all our members! :sunglasses:
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    This challenge has helped me tremendously! I used to be the type of person who would be prefect all day then blow it at night. For the past 2 months, I am no longer that person.

For September, I'm changing no eating after 6pm to 7pm. It will be less of a rush after work to make dinner.

Goal: No eating after 7pm.

See you all tomorrow for Day 1! B)
  • RuaLGirL
    RuaLGirL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in ... For September!

After dinner ... Nothing except a pop cycle or granola bar pack or like. Not the mindless eating in front of the tv.

• Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I eat dinner late, and go to bed late, so I'm not going to eat after 9pm (except if I'm still finishing my post-dinner air-popped popcorn).
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    GA Everyone and great to be back! Thanks for setting up the challenge :)
    My goals are to continue not eating after 8 pm and to continue the no yo/yo effect!

I held to my goals while on vacation in Israel and my final numbers for August were: ME: 31 LNS: 0 Streak: 43 AND I hit another goal and lost 5 lbs! Not hard in an environment where there is good fresh food and plenty of walking up and down hills, mountains and caves! So my goal is to continue being and doing fit stuff instead of eating empty calories!

September 1: ME: 1* LNS: 0 Streak: 44
    There is no place like home! Let's go and remember the goal is to be the best you can be! Good luck everyone! o:)
  • eivy_adams
    eivy_adams Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m new to this app, and this is my first forum. I had a long journey and I’ve lost 44kg however last 15 to go and as we all know they the worst. So I’m in. Came back home all determined not to eat after 7pm everything was great until my housemate came back and started to cook something that just smells perfectly. I only made myself tea and had few grapes but its really hard... this graving... and i want even hungry is just this smell.
    Me:1 LNS:0
  • weirdingwayward
    weirdingwayward Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tally one up for the Kiwis!

Me: 1 - LNS: 0
  • amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm in! I have a really hard time with this! I'm a mindless snacker while I watch tv. And I'm up 1-2 times a night to feed my 4 month old..I snack at least one of the times I'm up. I easily consume an extra 400 calories that I hardly remember in the morning :s
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 1!

Only one day in, but it was a fight! My tummy is rumbling! I kept drinking water instead.