• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    01/9 12 miles
    02/9 12 miles
    03/9 10k

tot 49km / 400km

fast 10k today, first mile was very tired, then improved a lot

lots of cows on the fields (still sleeping) - they made me laugh as they are really curious

tomorrow will go to my other favourite park, hope it won't be too dark

not long now before I'll need to find alternative routes due to dark, will end up prob to run in the town :disappointed:

looking forward to saturday, I desperately need new shoes
  • vonntaylor
    vonntaylor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1/9 2.61km
    3/9 5.01km
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting a little late - hope that's okay. I'm actually not going to start until Monday, but my goal for Sept 7-30 is 40 miles. I ran a half-marathon last December and then I stopped running for a while, but I'm ready to get back into it :D

exercise.png
  • Jennifer8348683
    Jennifer8348683 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Had an awesome run this morning. What a beautiful view. I love watching the sun come up. :)ahfab5nomchm.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    9.1.15... 3.04...26:30- late 10 PM run
    9.2.15... 5.27.... 48 minutes: Woke up a little late- wanted to hit the road around 5:15- left at like 5:35- oh well- was worried about time due to it being the first five miler- I did okay - 48 minutes roughly- super busy yesterday didn't get a chance to update
    9.3.15... 3 miles- 27- super slow this morning- my legs felt stiff and heavy- lungs were tight to- just rough and slow all the way around.

August: 66.23 of 75 miles
    September 11.31 of 104.5

Total Half Training Mileage
    104.39 of total 225

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    9/1: Rest
    9/2: 7 miles
    9/3: 8 miles

Ran last night at 7 pm and then this morning at 6:30... was really feeling the tempo run from last night! So I just kind of plodded along for a lot of today's run and tried to enjoy the quiet of the morning. I'll have to redeem myself at my running group tonight! ;)

15/200

exercise.png
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    01/09 - 4.52 km
    02/09 - 3.04 km - A nice evening run
    03/09 - 4.56 km - Lunchtime run but without my run buddy :-(

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for September

9/1 10.5 miles - 10.5
    9/2 6.6 miles - 17.1
    9/3 9.5 miles - 26.6

First 3 miles tempo pace. Finished with 6x 30 sec strides and 1 mile c/d.

exercise.png

• pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    another 3.5 miles for me today, 7 in total. cant wait to get my garmin forerunner next week :-)
  • smithie092015
    smithie092015 Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm starting a bit slow, nursing a mild back injury. 80 mile goal this month!

9/02: 1.25 - 1.25
    9/03: 4 - 5.25

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles - way too many pushes on the snooze this morning! :smiley:
    9/2 - rest day walked the doggie instead
    9/3 - 5.1 miles

8.6 of 120 miles

exercise.png

Felt good this morning, but at mile 3 I remembered I was going to try to do my long run tomorrow since I took the day off from work. Summer is back in Alabama, 74 and 96% humidity at 5:30 this morning. Had to add my favorite picture.

3xrb35cflzu5.jpg

@runwithtoppa .7 non stop is awesome, I like the idea of tracking your non stop distance.
    @cancersurvivor2014 12 min mile to 11 min mile is huge - congrats
    @aresende90 your dog is adorable. The big running store here sponsors pub runs but I've never gone, I might need to try it out
    @whatmerunning I'm laughing hysterically at your ticker!! Since I've moved down here I've turned into a MAJOR college football fan if my team isn't on I'll watch any team play. I've always been a big football fan but more of the NFL. Since I can rarely see my Giants down here, and I refuse to watch the Titans, I can sit all day on Saturday watching college games. High school too, I never went to single HS game when I was in HS but go all the time now Go figure!
    @abakan you will develop a love hate relationship with your foam roller :wink:
    @elise4270 SNAKES!!! no thank you
    @7lenny7 so you basically ran from one day to another, nice
    @acsl3 welcome
    @jennifer8348683 beautiful picture

• Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Joining the challenge this month! I only ran 32 miles in August, so I'm shooting for 50 in September (especially since I have a half marathon this weekend that will catapult me to that goal quicker!

9/2 - 2 miles

exercise.png
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    September goal: 35 miles

9/1 - 3.1 miles
    9/2 - strength day, no run today
    9/3 - 2 miles

September: 5.1 of 35 miles

@Jennifer8348683 - beautiful picture!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I joined these challenges. This group is awesome and watching your amazing results (and the good spirit behind them) definitely pushes me forward.

Newbie Question: I see many of you run daily and sometimes even twice in a day. I always thought I should alternate by running one day and resting the next. Do I (does the body) need a rest day after each day of running? From the patterns here, it seems many of you take one day of rest a week, but not every other day. Any words of wisdom?
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    I am so happy I joined these challenges. This group is awesome and watching your amazing results (and the good spirit behind them) definitely pushes me forward.

Newbie Question: I see many of you run daily and sometimes even twice in a day. I always thought I should alternate by running one day and resting the next. Do I (does the body) need a rest day after each day of running? From the patterns here, it seems many of you take one day of rest a week, but not every other day. Any words of wisdom?

@snha, I'm a new runner myself, having started 4 months ago, but I can tell you what worked for me.

In the beginning, I was running every other day. I definitely needed a recovery day after each and every run, even though my mileage wasn't that great. My body just wasn't used to running and the recovery was required to allow it to adapt to my new activity. In my first 7 weeks I only ran 3 or 4 days per week. I then ran 4 or 5 days per week for 7 weeks, and now only for the last 2 weeks have I run 5 or 6 days per week.

I encourage you to start SLOWLY. If you're enjoying it, it will be hard, but from my experience with two separate bouts with nagging injuries which caused me to reduce my running, it's the right thing to do. When you do start increasing your frequency, don't have a big bump in total mileage. For instance...

Let's say I'm running 3 miles three days per week and I want to add a 4th day. Instead of adding a 3 mile run on the 4th day (which is a 33% increase in your weekly mileage), drop the two back to back days to 2 miles each so now I'm running 3+3+2+2 = 10 miles, which is just an 11% increase. Perhaps the next week I'd bring one of the 2 mile runs up to 3 miles if my body handles the increase well (Weekly total now at 11 miles). The next week I might add another mile so they're all 3 mile runs. Rather than add even more mileage the following week, I might hold the total for a week to make sure my body is catching up to the increase in weekly distance.

The key thing is to listen to your body. I feel general aches every day from my running, but it's an all over, "good" kind of ache. If I feel a pain that I can point to and say, "it hurts right here", that tells me I may have overdone it and need to back off a bit.

My body has always been able to recover, adapt, and heal quickly and I'll admit I have exceed the conventional wisdom for distance increase, but I have listened to my body and backed off when needed. It's what worked for me.

Great question, btw!

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so I'm kind of excited- Map My Run sent me my monthly update- and instead of 66 miles- it says I ran 72.3!!! WOOT WOOT- was much closer to my goal of 75 than I thought! Huzzah!

@snha if you're on a program it should tell you when to run. And really the amount/volume of running should be dictated by your goal and need for rest- some people need more down time- some people can run more.

My Program has me running Tuesday, Wed, Thursday and Saturday or Sunday (a long run on the weekend but they don't care when) so I get 3 days off- which is fine- 4 days of running is more than enough volume for me.

When I'm done training I'll probably drop down to 2-3- I don't need to be running that much honestly.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    1/9/15 - 2 miles
    3/9/15 - 2 miles

exercise.png

the last half a mile started with a flat out sprint when an angry off leash pitbull decided he didnt want me there, owner didnt give a monkeys and i ended up sprinting in a semi circle across the grass trying to get away lol
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Today was College Day with my Panera Pounders group. Every year on the opening week of college football we sport our favorite teams. I was sporting my Purdue Boilermakers (graduated in 1995). Offcourse mostly everyone else wore either Alabama or Auburn. Go figure. We did get in a run after the picture.

rWE9TG1.jpg
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Missed a couple days and had to read 6 pages to catch up! Yay us!

9/1 - rest day
    9/2 - 5.2 miles treadmill "hill" workout with HM training group
    9/3 - 4.5 miles around the 'hood...heat and humidity is back 74° and sticky at 5:30 a.m.

exercise.png

Welcome to all the "new" runners here! Glad to have you and hope you enjoy hanging out as much as I do.

@Jennifer8348683 - beautiful! Where are you?