WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    just got Kirby's approval email for FMLA! so he will be able to stay home w/me for that week!
    smiley-happy110.gifthat's great news
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,283 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    just got Kirby's approval email for FMLA! so he will be able to stay home w/me for that week!

This made me laugh so much. How do you post these animate emos?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
    she does it w/magic terricichard
  • barbiecat
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

This made me laugh so much. How do you post these animate emos?

Go to freesmileys.org/

Copy and past the forum code for the smiley you like and have fun....there are plenty to choose from

smiley-happy014.gif
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Sitting in an IV Infusion center with son who has another migraine ... Nothing I can pinpoint he did wrong...

He had to call off work ... Told manager he was ill and doctor had ordered him an IV ... Manager laughed and told him to have a good afternoon?! ... Then hung up on him!

Honestly, I understand being upset with disrupted schedules ... But that's just mean ...
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Beth - When I was 17 and was being admitted to the hospital for surgery, a (very recent) former boss told my mother and the hospital personnel that the only thing wrong with me was that I was lovesick. I'd had to quit my job because of illness. Oh, and as a side fact, he was a sexual predator and made all of his female employees miserable with his blatant groping. Some people are just a waste of space.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Carol in NC – I just got to the post that explains why you are updating your resume. That management style of writing you up without ever mentioning there is a problem stinks. I hope you find something different so you can kick them to the curb. They don’t deserve you (or any other good employee).

Joyce -
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Lillian, as I as reading your post about making your pear pipe, you have mace listed as an ingredient. I thought mace was used to spray in the face of some one who is attacking you. Is there an edible kind also?

Since this question was on page 40 I’m sure you got an answer already. Yes, mace is a spice. I just had to chime in because once upon a time I went on a Caribbean cruise and visited a place where nutmeg was harvested. The interesting thing is that mace grows around a nutmeg seed so when nutmeg fruit is harvested they get 2 spices from a single fruit. Hope I’m not repeating something you’ve already been told.

Miriam -
    Just got back from court. The parental rights for my girls are terminated so we can proceed with the adoption!

Congratulations!!!!!

Alison -
    morning dear friends~
    I have alot weighing on my mind and am very frustrated,
    you all know me and as I type you know my personality.. I try not to judge people as I do not stand in there shoes, I am kind caring and compassionate.. and giving, so why am I always getting pooped on? at work at home everyone , well almost everyone treats me like dirt..I try and take it with a grain of salt, I wont say I am depressed ,I am disappointed.... ,there is no joy in my life except for my grandchildren and dogs, I have to wait until december for any real vacation time and I dont even know how that is going to go..

You can be a person who stands up for herself and still be kind, caring, compassionate and giving. Standing up for yourself does not cancel out the other qualities. No need to get rude, loud or angry. Practice saying in a clam, firm tone of voice “When you say X it hurts my feelings. Please stop.” No need to explain further or justify your feelings. Your feelings are yours and just because someone else might not feel that way does not mean you cannot feel what you feel.

Yes. I know the above is not easy. I had to practice for a very long time. Even now I will sometimes tear up when stating what I want but it does get easier with practice.

Kim from N. California -
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Alison and Lisa – Alison, Lisa gave really good advice, while if I get dumped on I tend to ditch that person, there are a few that I felt I had to let dump on me, with some counseling I learned to create some boundaries and as I enforced them I found much to my surprise that it worked. Honestly I did it the first time so I could go back to the counselor and say see it doesn’t work.. but I had a family member call me a “naughty word” on the phone and I responded with if you call me that again I will hang up, they did, I said I need to hang up now – please call back when you can be polite and hung up - 20 min. later they called and apologized, it has not all been that easy but it confirmed to me that folks are trainable.!

I laughed about trying confrontation just to tell the counselor it didn’t work. That was why I tried confrontation for the first time as well. Funny thing. It worked! I also felt so much better when I did it rather than holding in the anger and quietly seething to myself.

LOLing at your Garden Club story. You young whippersnapper!

Mia in MI

September goals:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Weigh and measure all food that I prepare at home
    Get at least 15 min per day of aerobic exercise
    64 oz. water (or what counts as water for my program) daily

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,373 Member
    Options
    Vince is REAL low on milk so went to WalMart, I should have gone to Target and gotten the cat litter, too. Well, I'll go to Target after exercising tomorrow.

Tonight - ceramics and then mahjongg

Don't know what happened to my last post. Oh well....

I've been shocked at the calorie counts even in food that are healthy. Like sweet potatoes, now I just portion them out

Mia - do you have any friends in the NC or VA area with the computer knowledge/handyman/smart/respectful qualifications?

pip - yea yea yea that Kirby can stay with you. Just don't do too much since you'll be together .... get my drift?

barbie - yea that Jake go in safely

Beth - that manager certainly didn't think that your son was just trying to get some time off?

mia - I didn't know that nutmeg and mace grew together!

Michele in NC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    smiley-music023.gif
  • Annr
    Options
    I AM MAGICALLLLLLLL
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Here's to another big week, work is intense but funny enough, i remind mind myself that afterwards i get to go work out! Now that is a first for me...loving to exercise to get rid of my stress!
    Funny i feel reenergized by the change of seasons...an open window with a nice breeze, apples and roasted acorn squash and of course my dd's x-ctry meets. Fall is a very special time for me, i guess it always has been.
    Feeling grateful and just wanting to share. Karen from ny.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy mon
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom - you dirty bird!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

exermom wrote: »

Beth - that manager certainly didn't think that your son was just trying to get some time off

Michele in NC

Obviously she thought he was lying ... I highly doubt, however, they would've kept him in the store puking on everyone's groceries... The IV had zofran and toradol in it because he was so sick. He's on schedule for tomorrow night. If he cancels that one I'm certain he will be fired ... So here's hoping tomorrow is a better day!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,312 Member
    Options
    Beth - so sorry you have so much to go through with your sons. You are just amazing! Sending hugs. :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • Annr
    Options
    I have OD'ed on bean soup........1 can of northern beans, 1 tsp of chicken broth paste, 1 cup of carrots/zucchini/red potatoes. Simmer until the beans are soft and you can use a whisk and cream everything. Added cayenne pepper, all-spice,pepper, tumeric, and a bit of salt. It was heavenly, and really creamy (except for the red potato skins, and zucchini skin...which kind of added color!) I had it separated into two servings, but I scarfed down the cooling container....
    Good news is that I didn't go over my calories today! Bad news is that I can't have any dinner or I shall explode, or implode...
    dead.gif
    Becca
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I think I Have been MIA for awhile. Life is kind of busy here. I think my job has doubled although he swore it would not. MEN. I think I am going to hav to set easy jobs for him that would not demean. Him in any way but would be a sneaky ways for him to get some exercise but actually doing things. Like getting the paper and the mail. It gets 2 flights of stairs and a little bit of sunshine in. I could also ask him to go to the back yard and put the Round Up on the weeds accumulating out there. The area where the bushes and tree was removed are so bleak and bare. It hasn't rained much at all so it is mainly parched dry dirt with some stump mulching mixed in. I finally have the front yard where the bushes were cleaned up but have been ignoring the back yard which is the biggest area. So I need to give him some jobs. He still isn't eating hardly anything. Got he bad news today tha he can't drive for at least 2 weeks and he needs to be eating well by then. So the man better get better. He isn't singing which would just be a blow to me and him and so many other people here in this area.

Sylvia, get yourself better girl. Heather, you continue to amaze me what you cook up in the kitchen. There are several new ladies here tha I see I need to meet.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
    annr - u crack me up!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    smiley-happy110.gif Jake is home safely. He fixed his own lunch and then we all headed for bed for a group nap.
  • Annr
    Options
    annr - u crack me up!

Aww Pip, it was a great soup going down....but I seem to be going thru some percolation.... On the great side I won't be hungry while I fix my husband and sons dinner!