Thigh Gap ?

Options
Hey Im trying to loose a stone and my desire is to have a thigh gap is this silly its something i've always wanted not to feel my thighs touch when walking has anyone managed to lose enough inches to get there thigh gap also do you think squats and cardio will do this for me thanks :)

Replies

• Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    No.
  • imafitnesstrainerlara
    Options
    Here is how to get a thigh gap. Take your feet and spread them wide. Tada!!!
    But seriously, a thigh gap has almost entirely to do with how wideset your hips are. So genetics. It is impossible for some people no matter how thin they get, so I wouldn't make that a goal. You may be able to achieve it, or you may not. However squats and lunges will really help you get great muscle tone, and cardio burns calories, so both will be great for better looking legs, and weight/inches lost. Good luck!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Flat out silly in my book, and from the other topics that have popped up on this, it's pretty much a genetic thing anyway, so not really something everyone can get.

I can't say I've ever noticed anyone in good shape and thought, "Wow, nice thigh gap!". Fit and firm, great muscle definition in the arms, flat tummy - yeah, but a thigh gap?? Why??

tumblr_inline_moihfuuH2G1qz4rgp.png
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Flat out silly in my book, and from the other topics that have popped up on this, it's pretty much a genetic thing anyway, so not really something everyone can get.

I can't say I've ever noticed anyone in good shape and thought, "Wow, nice thigh gap!". Fit and firm, great muscle definition in the arms, flat tummy - yeah, but a thigh gap?? Why??

Also, people who are interested in you (you know...if they like, like you) don't base their choice on whether or not your thighs touch. And if that is their criteria on who to date, then you need to raise your standards a little. Thigh gaps don't ultimately matter and it's pointless to pursue something you may not be able to achieve based on genetics and bone structure.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Here's how you get it - lean forward. :tongue:

tumblr_mm2wxj90QX1r00swto1_400.gif
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you have the genetics, cardio will do it for you. Definitely don't lift or do squats, because those could build muscles in your legs and prevent your thigh gap, and you wouldn't want to have strong legs that function and could save you in a zombie apocalypse, because you won't have thigh gap then. Also, everyone knows a little space between your legs is WAY sexier than a sculpted butt.

HOWEVER, if you realize that thigh gap is really not that important, or good, or sexy, and being strong and having ability is what becomes most important, then definitely do squats.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Also, people who are interested in you (you know...if they like, like you) don't base their choice on whether or not your thighs touch. And if that is their criteria on who to date, then you need to raise your standards a little. Thigh gaps don't ultimately matter and it's pointless to pursue something you may not be able to achieve based on genetics and bone structure.

Genetics & bone structure, genetics & bone structure, genetics & bone structure........ this is why there are people with eating disorders.
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I can definitely say that I've noticed a hot woman and said to myself, "Wow, nice thigh gap!". I saw one last weekend that was incredible; she had the nice heart shape and ummm.... that beautiful thigh gap, and ....

What were we talking about?

Oh, and I can't tell you why, anymore than I can tell you why I like to drink Dos Equis in the green bottle. I just do.

To the OP, I don't know how you can get one, I'd guess its genetic; wide hips and all. And I'd make an uneducated guess and say that what makes a thigh gap attractive to some males, like me, is likely caused by some primal instinct that suggests the thigh gapper is good breeding stock and fertile, you know with the wide hips and all. But that's not to say that a "no thigh gap" woman isn't attractive. You are all God's unique creatures.

edit: To put this into perspective, I wish I had more hair, less wrinkles, whiter teeth, smaller ears, and a rounder head. And I wish my eyes were farther apart. And more money. Its my parents' "fault" that I don't have those things (well, not the money, that's all my fault). But I'll work with what I got, 'cause that's all I got to work with.
  • lauraboo132
    Options
    I suppose your harshness has put into perspective haha hmm I think feel it would be nice not to chaff my thighs are 20 in each and im 5ft it seems that there masive :/
  • krisalyn117
    Options
    If you naturally have one, you'll get there when you get there. If not, you can't change that, you'll always have chafing thighs, for the most part.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Since the thigh gap/bone structure/genetics thing has been covered, I would like to point out you don't need a thigh gap to not have your legs rub together. Two separate issues. I will never have a thigh gap but my legs no longer touch when I walk/run. I have a space when I stand normally but not when I stand with my feet together (which is what a thigh gap is).
    I also don't understand the wide hips thing, I have wide hips and still can't have a thigh gap. I also have bigger muscular legs. It's not just hips.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I suppose your harshness has put into perspective haha hmm I think feel it would be nice not to chaff my thighs are 20 in each and im 5ft it seems that there masive :/

Sweetie you are 5 ft tall and from your pics not remotely massive in ANY way. Hugs!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg
  • TheYoungys
    TheYoungys Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough I can definitely say that it is down to both genetics AND weight. I was slim when I was younger and yet never had a thigh gap BUT when I had a child my hips spread just enough to have one. It isn't about wide hips though as my hips are 33.5 but I have a definite thigh gap and did even when I was a stone heavier. It just seems to be wherever your legs are attached, lol.

I admit that I like it, as does my husband, but it certainly is not the end of the world if you don't and few of these models with it make me feel ill as they have NO muscle tone and it looks like what they call "lucky" legs aka lucky they don't break! :-S
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I really don't get why this is important? Someone's going to have to explain this to me.
  • chocl8grl
    chocl8grl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Your genetics is the only thing that will determine this.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Here is how to get a thigh gap. Take your feet and spread them wide. Tada!!!

^^^ THIS!!!! OMG! LMFAO!
  • bodyisawonderland
    Options
    I truly don't get why people answer if all they are going to do is be mean, ask WHY someone wants what they want, or make a condescending remark... ugh.

Anyway, I've done it with narrow hips. You have to get thin enough, and stop doing exercises that lead to "bulk" on the legs (such as SQUATS. Yes, squats make the muscles in your quads appear bigger... especially if you're doing them with weights. To have very slender thighs you can't work the large muscles in the way the guys work theirs (remember, they are usually trying to BUILD their legs. The look you want isn't conducive to that type of training)

It's not silly for you to want your body to look a certain way.

There are resources to help people get bigger, smaller, have huge muscles, get six pack abs, etc.

One resource to help people get a thigh gap or just thinner thighs (if you don't necessarily want a gap but don't want your thighs touching) is the book, "The Thigh Gap Hack". I'd google it if I were you.

Best of luck, girl :)
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Genetics and weight combined.

I think people define thigh gap different. When I stand normal or even with feet fairly close together my thighs do not touch. If I stand stright up with my feet smashed together then they do a little. I see nothign wrong with having a little woman curve to your thighs rather than them being straight sticks. My husband would complain my thighs disapeared when I lose weight.
  • lauraboo132
    Options
    Thank you :) someone nice hahah