Thigh Gap ?

Options

Replies

• Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Whatever floats your boat. We all have our own little hangups.

Having a thigh gap is largely about losing the fat in that region. The squats will develop the muscle so that when the fat is gone you will have a nice looking pair of legs that have definition. The trick to achieve the gap will be losing excess (not meant to sound rude). The fat will come off from all over your body relatively uniformly, so be prepared for some other changes that will come with the low BF levels.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Genetics and weight combined.

I think people define thigh gap different. When I stand normal or even with feet fairly close together my thighs do not touch. If I stand stright up with my feet smashed together then they do a little. I see nothign wrong with having a little woman curve to your thighs rather than them being straight sticks. My husband would complain my thighs disapeared when I lose weight.

Which is why I specified the difference. A true "thigh gap" is when you stand with your feet together and your thighs don't touch.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Thank you :) someone nice hahah

?
    I thought there were a few nice answers, mine included.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Step 1. Get pregnant
    Step 2. Give birth
    Step 3. Repeat
    Results: spreading of the hips, thus resulting in thigh gap.
    You're welcome.
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhns9c2yW41qk97aoo1_500.jpg

ThighGap_zpsff72b471.jpg
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mju2f9xqsr1rjsg0uo1_500.jpg
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    oh thigh gaps... Makes me chuckle every time:) I didn't realize I had one til I googled what everyone was talking about. Unfortunately I think it really is genetic, I lucked out and didn't have to do anything for one. Something that might help though is posture. Tuck your stomach in, roll your shoulders back and push your booty out a bit. I find that standing straighter makes it more noticeable. Plus good posture is always attractive :flowerforyou:
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't get these posts... who stands with their feet together anyway? With feet shoulder-width apart i'd like a thigh gap. I don't think at my thinnest I would ever have a gap holding my legs together...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg

I never get tired of this. :laugh:
  • wendy1024
    wendy1024 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    squats are great, lunges really helped me (a LOT), I'd also recommend scissors (lay on your back and scissor legs) to help inner/outer. I really think lunges and lots of them are the best.

I often alternate them with other exercises...

biceps
    lunges
    squats
    triceps
    lunges
    squats
    shoulders
    lunges.
    squats...you get it~

I have always been pretty thick in the thighs, very muscular but a nice layer of fat on top of the muscles too. Lunges, walking lunges,squats, jump squats...etc. are MIRACLE WORKERS if you do them consistently enough.

best wishes!!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Thigh Gap? Ugh

jumper.gif
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    Yes, it's silly. Yes, do squats.
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    tumblr_mhns9c2yW41qk97aoo1_500.jpg

ThighGap_zpsff72b471.jpg

This is great!
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I don't get these posts... who stands with their feet together anyway? With feet shoulder-width apart i'd like a thigh gap. I don't think at my thinnest I would ever have a gap holding my legs together...

Check the Chive or thinspo pics. Apparently there are a lot who do.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    22828839_zpsc1cadaa6.jpg
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    Mmmm thigh gap...

BCioyu9CYAAFmnk.jpg:large
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Asking if you can develop a thigh gap is like asking if you can get DD breasts through diet and exercise. Either your genetics supports it or it doesn't.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg

QF personal truth. The answer with always be sweets>All
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    Sexay...

IMG_1313_zps66cb71e1.jpg
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    In all seriousness... a thigh gap and protruding bones does not mean you are healthy, strong or fit.