Getting Frustrated......again

Options
I have been trying to lose weight for a couple of years now (yes years) and I lose at an extremely slow pace. It's really frustrating for me, not seeing any significant results. I bought myself a fitbit also. I usually eat at a deficit. I was also replacing meals with homemade healthy smothies with almond milk, fruits and organic protein powder for breakfast and greens, flax, fruits, chia seeds, egg whites fir lunch. I was also jogging a couple of times a week and when I don't jog I try and at least keep myself active.

At this point I'm so discouraged. I don't know what else I can do to get results and for the stupid scale to move.
Help!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    There are missing entries in your diary and some days your deficits are too high. Figure out your TDEE and subtract 500 calories to lose a pound a week. It's not rocket science. My TDEE is about 2500-2600 I eat at 1800-2000 calories depending on workout intensity. Have been losing fat with tight logging.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    What you eat doesn't matter from a weight loss perspective. If you're not losing weight over a period of years, you're eating too much.
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    There are missing entries in your diary and some days your deficits are too high. Figure out your TDEE and subtract 500 calories to lose a pound a week. It's not rocket science. My TDEE is about 2500-2600 I eat at 1800-2000 calories depending on workout intensity. Have been losing fat with tight logging.
    According to my fitbit I burn about 2300 a day so I set my calories to 1350 but end up eating about 1600 because of what I burn. I log everyday, what u see on my diary is what I eat. And I weigh my food with a scale. Is 1350 -1600 too much to be eating?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food, measure your creamer etc? If not, that's probably your problem... you're eating too much.

Also there is no way you're burning 1100 calories from exercise, unless you're working out intensively for 2+ hours. If your fitbit is linked to MFP, your MFP activity level should be set at sedentary and you shouldn't log your jogging calories, or you're eating them twice.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    What you eat doesn't matter from a weight loss perspective. If you're not losing weight over a period of years, you're eating too much.

I burn about 2300 and eat about 1600. Ive tried eating as low as as 1200 but it makes no difference.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are eating too much. Either you are not logging accurately, or the days when you go over, you go over enough to make up for whatever you managed to cut the rest of the week, or you overestimate your burns, or most probably, a combination of all this.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    And yesterday's logging was eating at maintenance because I was at a party and drank.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    You are eating too much. Either you are not logging accurately, or the days when you go over, you go over enough to make up for whatever you managed to cut the rest of the week, or you overestimate your burns, or most probably, a combination of all this.

I log everything and I estimate based on what my fitbit tells me I burn. This is why Im so frustrated.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    suzeexoxo wrote: »

I burn about 2300 and eat about 1600. Ive tried eating as low as as 1200 but it makes no difference.
    If you were really at a 700 calorie a day deficit, or more, you'd lose weight. You aren't losing weight. Therefore, you aren't at a deficit. There's nothing magical about you.

Whether your intake, burn, or both are wrong is something you'll have to figure out.

• suzeexoxo
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Do you weigh your food, measure your creamer etc? If not, that's probably your problem... you're eating too much.

Also there is no way you're burning 1100 calories from exercise, unless you're working out intensively for 2+ hours. If your fitbit is linked to MFP, your MFP activity level should be set at sedentary and you shouldn't log your jogging calories, or you're eating them twice.

I measure my food, I have a foid scale. I'm active but my MFP is set to Sedentary. I do move alot throughout the day and I walk for about 1/2 hr - 1 hr. Yesterday's burn was due to me dancing for quite some time at a party and doing some deep cleaning during the day at my house.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

I log everything and I estimate based on what my fitbit tells me I burn. This is why Im so frustrated.

Some of these burns are very high. For example, yesterday 1100 calories. Have you cross checked if these burns make sense or not? Maybe something is off there?
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I also don't log my exercise because my fitbit does it for me.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options

If you were really at a 700 calorie a day deficit, or more, you'd lose weight. You aren't losing weight. Therefore, you aren't at a deficit. There's nothing magical about you.

Whether your intake, burn, or both are wrong is something you'll have to figure out.

Thanks
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing, you're not in a deficit.
    Food scale, number one advice. Do you have negative calorie adjustments enabled and your activity level set at sedentary, as you're using a fitbit?
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    There's another thread running about whether or not people trust their fitbit calorie burn. Might shed some light??
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    If you aren't losing, you're not in a deficit.
    Food scale, number one advice. Do you have negative calorie adjustments enabled and your activity level set at sedentary, as you're using a fitbit?

Yes I do have a food scale and I negative calorie adjustments enabled and my activity level set at sedentary.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    There's another thread running about whether or not people trust their fitbit calorie burn. Might shed some light??

Thanks. Where is this thread?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The days you don't have logged, what's going on there?