Diet Coke?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The research varies but some finds that artificial sweeteners can increase appetite. I know that when I drink a Diet Coke I sometimes end up wanting to open the fridge and inhale whatever is available, especially carbs. So, I've cut way back on it. I used to drink 2 to 3 cans a day and now do a 2 to 3 cans a week.

Substitutes? Two main ones. Unsweetened flavored seltzer water or unsweetened iced tea made from tea bags alone.

So, jillianbeeee, the research backs you up. For some of us, Diet Coke causes carb cravings.

^^^^^ agreee here! .. i never drink diet though.. for one I think its NASTY.. for two i'd rather burn off the calories and have a regular that is at least regular sugar vs fake artificial aspartame... and by the way.. perty grose but aspartame at 90 degrees and hotter turns into fermaldahyde! (embalming dead peeps) so ya im cool
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I allow myself ONE can of Pepsi a week followed by ONE can of diet the next usually on a weekend as one of my treats. Nothing wrong with that IMO.